Tags:
None
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
Not many places actually hire those who are 15 years of age except Quick Service locations. The age a business is able to hire is dependent upon its agreement with Employment Canada. I believe that most quick service locations hire those who are 15 years of age and older. In addition, it is not a bad idea to start at a "fast food" location - you will get some experience you can use in another job/career.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Dec 27, 2003
199 posts
73 upvotes
not fast food but kitchens of some restaurants may hire you to work on their kitchen staff. the standard of starting out as a dishwasher and moving up applies. it may get stressful though with late nights.

I know someone who used to do part time work at the local community centre - just supervising the games room but it sure paid for all the extras and was a decent job for 15.
Jan 7, 2004
170 posts
Also, put your name in the federal student work experience program database. Just search for fswep in google.

That's the database federal departments use for getting students. If you manage to get a job you'll be making 9$ an hour. It might be hard though, if you don't have any federal offices in your region.
Jul 1, 2005
976 posts
30 upvotes
does Shoppers drug mart have signs when they are looking?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
I vote for the grocery stores....I worked there when I was in high school...Fairly easy work, and lots of cute girls in the deli/working cash. Old ugly ones too, but in the dark, nobody's old or ugly :)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
johnnyepy wrote:does Shoppers drug mart have signs when they are looking?
nope.. but they love taking in application and leave them around for a few months before they throw em out.
There are probably tons of shoppers drug marts withing a 30 minute distnace to your house (30 minutes seems like a reasonable travel time). So apply to all of them every 3 months =)

Alot of people get bored of stocking shelves @ minimum wage, and eventually quit.

But the hottest girls youll see are @ shopper drug mart. You know.. when they are checking out hair dye and make up. thats when you OH! giggity
Jun 22, 2005
787 posts
destro88 wrote:beggars can't be choosers
easy on this little guy, he is 15.
should appreciate his courage to stand by his own...
faizal :lol:
Jun 22, 2005
787 posts
ktan09 wrote:I am looking for a part time job, GTA, preferably Thornhill, but keep offers out there. Don't want to deal with fast food. Thank You
up for fast food?... pm me... only saturdays and if wants evenings(4hrs) aswell...downtown though.
faizal :lol:
Apr 9, 2005
117 posts
15-year olds generally have two standbys:

-manual labor
-dirty/greasy manual labor

Personally I recommend that he does some time in fast-food. It will certainly impart an appreciation for education, hygeine, and courtesy. It did for me, atleast.

/sits around surfing redflag at work getting paid 3x minimum wage ;)
Oct 12, 2002
386 posts
2 upvotes
try shoppers drug mart, i'm pretty sure they hire pt, not sure what age limit to hire is but i'm pretty sure you can be a stock boy or something or try pharma plus.
Nov 27, 2005
657 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
A friend of mine sells the Star door-to-door. Pretty decent wages too.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
nolookingca wrote:A friend of mine sells the Star door-to-door. Pretty decent wages too.
in this season? ugh.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
local animal shelters need people to clean & walk the animals or a vet, same thing?
tutoring?
grocery stores?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
stealth wrote:I vote for the grocery stores....I worked there when I was in high school...Fairly easy work, and lots of cute girls in the deli/working cash. Old ugly ones too, but in the dark, nobody's old or ugly :)
PLUS: most grocery stores are unionized, thus good pay with possibly some benefits.

sk :)
Feb 3, 2005
957 posts
as one poster said, telemarketing and supermarkets are great choices.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5647 posts
119 upvotes
im 15 and i work at No Frills along with my friend :)
Aug 27, 2005
701 posts
My house.
Have you tried you local grocery store or large department store?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)