Expired Hot Deals

[PartSource] BIg Red- 2 Ton Jack &Stand Kit - $ 44.99 (Reg - $ 89.99)(Sale Starts May 3)

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 1:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
397 posts
1055 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[PartSource] BIg Red- 2 Ton Jack &Stand Kit - $ 44.99 (Reg - $ 89.99)(Sale Starts May 3)

Sale runs from May 3 -8 2019.
Images
  • red.jpg
Last edited by canadianamigo13 on May 1st, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3677 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a review of this? Looking to pick up a jack to change my own all season/winter tires on my SUV.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
397 posts
1055 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Geologic wrote:
May 1st, 2019 10:35 am
Anyone have a review of this? Looking to pick up a jack to change my own all season/winter tires on my SUV.
I have this exact jack using for last 5 years to swap winter tires and it is still going strong.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9419 posts
447 upvotes
Geologic wrote:
May 1st, 2019 10:35 am
You might want to check if this is high enough to lift your SUV. I think this is 13 inches max.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
2331 posts
1150 upvotes
Ontario
Great price but I had one of these style jacks and changed it for the low profile one at Costco (around $100) as the old one wouldn't fit under the sedans. The Costco one also has the height range to work with my SUV.

Also the low profile ones are wider and more stable.

I have axle stands but don't use them changing wheels as I am not under the vehicle. More important to use several good wheel chocks.

My philosophy with tools is pay the extra to get something good as I am saving enough to pay for the tools in one year with two wheel changes on one vehicle.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Jun 22, 2018
15 posts
2 upvotes
I have owned 2 cheap big red jacks, this 2 ton and a 3 ton. Neither of them are easy to lower slowly. Both broke within the first year. The Axle stands are good.
May 24, 2008
142 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
if anyone looking for a 3TON jack, the Costco Arcan jack is a good choice, low profile in enough for most cars (even lowered cars) and lift range is good enough for most SUV, its also weight about 55lbs vs other jacks that are around 90lbs
Aug 18, 2009
262 posts
117 upvotes
Barrie
Stupid question and please ignore my ignorance but how to do stop the wheels on the jack from giving out and the Jack rolling when it's raised and holding the car. I've used jacks on flat surfaces before and never worried about it but my driveway where I am now has a slight slope and I'm terrified of the jack giving way to the slope and dropping the car.

Edited for spelling
Feb 2, 2015
266 posts
308 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Tango013 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019 9:32 am
Stupid question and please ignore my ignorance but how to do stop the wheels on the jack from giving out and the Jack rolling when it's raised and holding the car. I've used jacks on flat surfaces before and never worried about it but my driveway where I am now has a slight slope and I'm terrified of the jack giving way to the slope and dropping the car.

Edited for spelling
Place 'wheel chocks' behind the tires to prevent any rollback when jacking the vehicle up. Only use the jack to get the vehicle off the ground, and then place jack stands underneath at the axle or the appropriate jack point on the vehicle. Lower the jack and let the stands take the weight. Never jack up a vehicle on any considerable slope .. but a slight slope on a driveway should be fine with these methods. (You can buy wheel chocks, or use something sturdy DIY like a large chunk of split firewood or similar. Lots of good DIY ideas online)
Jan 10, 2011
380 posts
153 upvotes
Is arcan jack available in the warehouse or only online? If so what's the warehouse price? It's $149.99 online.
Last edited by Chep on May 3rd, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 24, 2008
142 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
the Arcan jack from Costco i think is for online only (free shipping) it was $139.99 when I got it a month ago, I see price is now increased to $149.99.

Costco also have another 3 TON in store but that one is much heavier than this.
Feb 27, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Any recommendations for jack stands to go with the Arcan Jack?