[Toronto] Past Deal - Celeb chef David Adjey - Groupon Deal

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2013 8:29 am
Tags:
None
Nov 17, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
They are still running this "deal". Don't fall for it! It is a rip off and David Adjey has the same sense of humor as Howard Stern. It is non stop sexual innuendo, jokes about drugs and he is incapable of getting through a sentence without dropping the F bomb. I'm not a prude, but after a while jokes that would amuse a 12 year old boy start to wear thin. Like previous posters have said, all the guests do the cooking, and he just blathers. The "wine" included with the meal is 1 glass of sangria, after that it's a cash bar. The portions are tiny and we left hungry. This is worth no more than $30. Better still go to a restaurant for the same money and have a good meal without an obnoxious egotist yapping non stop. He kept talking about his divorce. Big surprise there!
May 8, 2013
2 posts
I took this class and I highly DO NOT recommend it.

If you're interested in seeing a celebrity chef walking around telling lewd and tasteless jokes then maybe this is for you. If you were hoping to learn something about cooking from David Adjey then you will be disappointed.

There is next to no cooking demonstration by David Adjey. Volunteers from the group are asked to take part in cooking each course. David shows the volunteer once how to do something (slice a vegetable, put a rub on a meat, etc.) and then they are left to do it with the kitchen staff.

David walks around talking and telling distasteful jokes. He does not discuss the ingredients, methods, tricks. In fact, the entire 'cooking demonstration' is almost like a background for David to do his one man show where cooking rarely even comes up.

There is really very little opportunity for questions. Someone asked about the proportion of some ingredients and the answer was that the recipes would be mailed out. What cut of meat is being used? What temperature is the meat cooked at? For how long? This information isn't shared.

Don't waste your money.
× < >