[Patagonia] Patagonia Down Sweater Jacket (Blue/Green Colours Only) - $188

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 5:46 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1500 posts
483 upvotes
Scarborough
i have a similiar one with a hood and i accidentally managed to put a huge rip as something got caught in the pocket, which was totally my fault. paid for shipping back to Patagonia to get a estimate on the repair, and got it back repaired at no additional cost..

great company and product!
Jan 20, 2018
71 posts
51 upvotes
Sail just started carrying Patagonia too.

I know Sail Burlington has these down jackets and will pm.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11984 posts
2855 upvotes
Ottawa
zzzz24 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 2:23 pm
It's 800 fill goose down, should be warm enough at that temperature, although the jacket is really meant to be a mid-layer.
thanks. I am never sure because even though it's 800 fill, they never say how much insulation there is. I mean, I can have a parka which has 600 fill and be warm down to -20, but a jacket with less amount of 800 fill may not be as warm

My wife has this jacket, https://www.patagonia.ca/product/womens ... 27935.html and she only takes it out when it's freezing or above. I'm just not sure how much less warmer this "sweater" is relative to that jacket
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2417 posts
942 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:00 pm
thanks. I am never sure because even though it's 800 fill, they never say how much insulation there is. I mean, I can have a parka which has 600 fill and be warm down to -20, but a jacket with less amount of 800 fill may not be as warm

My wife has this jacket, https://www.patagonia.ca/product/womens ... 27935.html and she only takes it out when it's freezing or above. I'm just not sure how much less warmer this "sweater" is relative to that jacket
It's really meant to be a mid-layer, but people obviously wear this as a lightweight jacket too. They make a similar winter jacket with this down sweater as the internal layer that can be removed, with a weather proof shell for the outside.
Jul 20, 2009
680 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
I probably would have bought one until I found out about their attacks on Canadian industry. I'll support one of their competitors instead
Jan 30, 2006
389 posts
89 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
I got the mail from Patagonia earlier this week, saying that the big sale will start from Feb 15 , does anybody get the same mail?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1043 posts
951 upvotes
Magicwhistleca wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:43 pm
Sail just started carrying Patagonia too.

I know Sail Burlington has these down jackets and will pm.
how do you know? Which colors do they have?

Edit: Just went to SAIL Burlington. they have NO Patagonia for men. They got a shipment, but its not in the stores yet. No idea what they have in terms of style. The whole store is on sale, but Patagonia (womens) is not on sale.
Last edited by ekcivichb on Feb 11th, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3442 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
comesource wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:04 am
I got the mail from Patagonia earlier this week, saying that the big sale will start from Feb 15 , does anybody get the same mail?
that's good to know. i just got notice about the toronto store having 30% off older styles
Jan 30, 2006
389 posts
89 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
MoonDoggy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:20 pm
that's good to know. i just got notice about the toronto store having 30% off older styles
I hope the "big sale" won't disappointing me
Oct 31, 2017
62 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
P0rkchop wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:58 am
I probably would have bought one until I found out about their attacks on Canadian industry. I'll support one of their competitors instead
What attack?
You miss shots you don't take.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1043 posts
951 upvotes
Just picked up the Navy Blue for $188 with free shipping.

always wanted this jacket as I feel I can wear it like 5-6 months of the year.

Thanks OP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2417 posts
942 upvotes
dimlight1 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:26 pm
What attack?
I was trying to google what this guy was talking about and found nothing.
This is probably one of the most environmental friendly "activist" apparel companies out there. Not sure what a U.S. clothing company is doing to our "lack of clothing industry".
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3442 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
comesource wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:23 pm
I hope the "big sale" won't disappointing me
it was nice sale last year when they had it. i picked up a m down jacket for cheap but i really wanted one with hood (also a non bright colour). i am hoping they would have a similar sale.
Nov 10, 2013
241 posts
86 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
spena wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 12:08 pm
Are these down jackets from Patagonia buy it for life-ish?
Most, but not all, of my P gear lasted a long time.
I have this or similar jacket from about 10 years ago. It's like new, because I don't use it much.
It's quite warm, esp for its weight, can be worn on its own or under something (like a shell jacket), it's seems quite delicate, another reason why I haven't used it a lot. I got it at 75% off, I don't see myself paying $200 for it (but it's me, I tend to find good deals, that why we are here, ain't we?)

PS For people wearing Arcteryx on the way to school/work, it's durable enough :)
Jul 20, 2009
680 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
dimlight1 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:26 pm
What attack?
zzzz24 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:30 pm
I was trying to google what this guy was talking about and found nothing.
This is probably one of the most environmental friendly "activist" apparel companies out there. Not sure what a U.S. clothing company is doing to our "lack of clothing industry".
They've been fighting specifically against Alberta for years and in the opinion of many, it's not to help the environment but to suppress Canadian interest and Canadian oil. I guess getting the oil from the Saudi's is more ethical

https://www.patagonia.com/blog/2013/02/is-it-worth-it/