• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 5:46 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4053 posts
922 upvotes
aintic wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:18 pm
Maybe not, but you implied it's something above "puffer jackets". You also assumed, rather condescendingly, that he can only afford Old Navy. Not everyone wants to pay for the name and marketing, regardless of wealth.
The guy was trolling and was called out.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2742 posts
2555 upvotes
GTA
2Sedins1Cup wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 1:32 pm
is there an equivalent with a hood?
If you want something hooded, for $50 more this Mountain Hardware is a much nicer looking jacket IMO. The material has a matte finish, it's stretch makes it more form fitting and doesn't wrinkle badly like so many others. I can't speak to it's durabilty as I've only had mine for a month https://www.thelasthunt.com/products/mo ... WzEALw_wcB
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1155 upvotes
Some people like and can afford BMW’s while others settle for Corollas.

Some people like and can afford Patagonia jackets for $200..others go with Old Navy.

What’s the point of coming in here to bash people or the brand ? It’s obviously a good jacket and brand. If it’s out of your financial wheelhouse, check out another brand.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1962 posts
450 upvotes
Whitehorse
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 2:09 pm
You can have them fixed which is why I love Patagonia but that takes a few weeks to a month each time.
How much do they charge for fixing?
Jan 30, 2006
415 posts
94 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
MoonDoggy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:31 pm
it was nice sale last year when they had it. i picked up a m down jacket for cheap but i really wanted one with hood (also a non bright colour). i am hoping they would have a similar sale.
I have good experience with Arcteryx Atom AR jacket, not down jacket though, but it’s so comfy and warm . I got them for $249 , would recommend that if you want something with hood .
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1434 posts
1349 upvotes
phuangk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:42 pm
I wonder how is this Patagonia compare with Arcteryx Cerium LT?
I have purchased Eddie Bauer Downlight Alpine (800 fill power, 90% down, 10% feather) over the weekend for $132 plus taxes.
https://www.eddiebauer.ca/product/mens- ... o-top-link
Eddie Bauer Alpine might not be exactly the same light weight as Panagonia or Arcteryx Cerium LT, but it might be a cheap alternative to think about?

I had three Cerium LTs, one of them being a vest. While I love the look, feel and warmth of this jacket (one of the nicest, warmest puffers out there), I would ultimately avoid it. The simple reason is that all my Ceriums leak feathers daily. That's a deal breaker for me. I sent one in and a relatively easy exchange, but still had to pay $20+ to ship to BC. The rep said it's a known problem with that model/year Cerium (2017). The one they changed me too 1.5 months later also leaks feathers frequently btw.

I sent the second Cerium I had a month later, also due to the leaking issue and I no longer want a Cerium due to these problems. It's fine, you can take any model you want but have to pay any difference. Well, right now Arc' shelves are completely bare, with all of their insulated jackets OOS in many sizes and that will be the state of things for a long time. Their reps barely communicate now and stretch any communication for as long as possible due to not being able to provide any helpful answers. It amazes me that a company doesn't keep separate spare jackets specifically for exchanges, where you need to make it up to the customers in reasonable time for your failed product.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3603 upvotes
MVRD
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:24 pm
I had three Cerium LTs, one of them being a vest. While I love the look, feel and warmth of this jacket (one of the nicest, warmest puffers out there), I would ultimately avoid it. The simple reason is that all my Ceriums leak feathers daily. That's a deal breaker for me. I sent one in and a relatively easy exchange, but still had to pay $20+ to ship to BC. The rep said it's a known problem with that model/year Cerium (2017). The one they changed me too 1.5 months later also leaks feathers frequently btw.

I sent the second Cerium I had a month later, also due to the leaking issue and I no longer want a Cerium due to these problems. It's fine, you can take any model you want but have to pay any difference. Well, right now Arc' shelves are completely bare, with all of their insulated jackets OOS in many sizes and that will be the state of things for a long time. Their reps barely communicate now and stretch any communication for as long as possible due to not being able to provide any helpful answers. It amazes me that a company doesn't keep separate spare jackets specifically for exchanges, where you need to make it up to the customers in reasonable time for your failed product.
Arc'teryx...owned by Amer Sports. Back in December, there was an announcement that Amer will be sold to a consortium led by Anta Sports.

I wonder how that's going... Does that mean Arc'teryx is going to be a Chinese brand?

https://static1.businessinsider.com/r-c ... on-2018-12
Jan 20, 2018
87 posts
121 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:47 am
how do you know? Which colors do they have?

Edit: Just went to SAIL Burlington. they have NO Patagonia for men. They got a shipment, but its not in the stores yet. No idea what they have in terms of style. The whole store is on sale, but Patagonia (womens) is not on sale.
I work there. They definitely have them. Right now they're waiting to be priced. I thought they would have priced it yesterday considering everyone's been wanting them.

Edit: I know they have them because I checked the order sheets the other day. Didn't check the colours though.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2742 posts
2555 upvotes
GTA
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:24 pm
another advantage of the Mountain Hardware Stretchdown DS I posted here earlier- it has welded seams, so no feather leakage
Jul 25, 2015
863 posts
704 upvotes
gunsmokez wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:53 pm
I also have this jacket for a few years. Not as warm as advertised 800 fill is a bit misleading. My Northface 550 fill is actually warmer then this jacket by a long shot. But, this jacket is not as bulky. Think I might try Arcteryx , type layer jacket for my next buy.
Theres a difference betwee fill power and fill weight.

On another note, I have never heard the term puffer used before until this website and I am on few different outdoor forums.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1434 posts
1349 upvotes
Kfox wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:47 pm
another advantage of the Mountain Hardware Stretchdown DS I posted here earlier- it has welded seams, so no feather leakage
I'll try it in person. From the online pics it looks kind of weird.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1434 posts
1349 upvotes
chatbox wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:48 pm
Arc'teryx...owned by Amer Sports. Back in December, there was an announcement that Amer will be sold to a consortium led by Anta Sports.

I wonder how that's going... Does that mean Arc'teryx is going to be a Chinese brand?

https://static1.businessinsider.com/r-c ... on-2018-12
No idea. I just know their customer service isn't what it's cracked up to be, especially when they experience any kind of hurdles. I ask them if they could reasonably accommodate me - such as a refund or another model that is in stock - due to the long exchange wait time caused by their stock shortage (I sent them the second Cerium in early December). So far it's crickets. Not impressed and I have like 6 Arc' pieces in total. Likely will rethink next time, especially if its something not named Atom or has feathers inside.
Jul 25, 2015
863 posts
704 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:59 pm
No idea. I just know their customer service isn't what it's cracked up to be, especially when they experience any kind of hurdles. I ask them if they could reasonably accommodate me - such as a refund or another model that is in stock - due to the long exchange wait time caused by their stock shortage (I sent them the second Cerium in early December). So far it's crickets. Not impressed and I have like 6 Arc' pieces in total. Likely will rethink next time, especially if its something not named Atom or has feathers inside.
It's the winter season which they are swamped at the warranty department.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1434 posts
1349 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:05 pm
It's the winter season which they are swamped at the warranty department.
I get it. But when it takes 1+ weeks to do a simple reply you're clearly understaffed. Aside from the leaky feathers, the biggest thing off with this company is the supply is way lower than the demand. I was trying to find alternative models (Camuson, Macai, Fission etc) all over Toronto, to measure the fit as Arc requested, but every store is sold out of most of their insulated jackets over a month ago. I settled for Atom AR a few weeks ago because they told me they'd get it within two months. But just last week - oops we won't have it by then, and we can't say when. And of course I had to see that change myself on their inventory - they didn't even bother to update me on the cancelled availability after they promised they would have it in 2 months. So if I didn't see it I would have ended up waiting for nothing. Arc service is looking like amateur hour imo.
Jul 25, 2015
863 posts
704 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:09 pm
I get it. But when it takes 1+ weeks to do a simple reply you're clearly understaffed. Aside from the leaky feathers, the biggest thing off with this company is the supply is way lower than the demand. I was trying to find alternative models (Camuson, Macai, Fission etc) all over Toronto, to measure the fit as Arc requested, but every store is sold out of most of their insulated jackets over a month ago. I settled for Atom AR a few weeks ago because they told me they'd get it within two months. But just last week - oops we want have it in two months, and we can't say when. Arc service is looking like amateur hour imo.
It's is the end of the season where stock is not being replenished and stocking of spring items have started. Also living in the GTA during a snowstorm, not gonna find a winter jacket this late in the season.