• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 5:46 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1530 posts
1432 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:15 pm
It's is the end of the season where stock is not being replenished and stocking of spring items have started. Also living in the GTA during a snowstorm, not gonna find a winter jacket this late in the season.
I could easily get Canada Goose, Moose, TNF, and others...they all have plentiful supplies, especially a month ago.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8032 posts
3608 upvotes
MVRD
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
I could easily get Canada Goose, Moose, TNF, and others...they all have plentiful supplies, especially a month ago.
Guess Arc's not running SAP SCM solutions to watch for that weather forecast to predict demands (and watch out for that warranty department response queue).
May 7, 2006
303 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:24 pm
I had three Cerium LTs, one of them being a vest. While I love the look, feel and warmth of this jacket (one of the nicest, warmest puffers out there), I would ultimately avoid it. The simple reason is that all my Ceriums leak feathers daily. That's a deal breaker for me. I sent one in and a relatively easy exchange, but still had to pay $20+ to ship to BC. The rep said it's a known problem with that model/year Cerium (2017). The one they changed me too 1.5 months later also leaks feathers frequently btw.

I sent the second Cerium I had a month later, also due to the leaking issue and I no longer want a Cerium due to these problems. It's fine, you can take any model you want but have to pay any difference. Well, right now Arc' shelves are completely bare, with all of their insulated jackets OOS in many sizes and that will be the state of things for a long time. Their reps barely communicate now and stretch any communication for as long as possible due to not being able to provide any helpful answers. It amazes me that a company doesn't keep separate spare jackets specifically for exchanges, where you need to make it up to the customers in reasonable time for your failed product.
Don't know, but the Arc store here is plentiful of stock items. Full, of sizes and such. Way pricey!! but, lot of it
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1530 posts
1432 upvotes
gunsmokez wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:32 pm
Don't know, but the Arc store here is plentiful of stock items. Full, of sizes and such. Way pricey!! but, lot of it
Not the case in Toronto. Arc is selling like hotcakes, I've never seen more people wear it. It's approaching GC levels downtown tbh.
Jul 25, 2015
864 posts
707 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:36 am
Not the case in Toronto. Arc is selling like hotcakes, I've never seen more people wear it. It's approaching GC levels downtown tbh.
Because its easier to swallow the price of Arcteryx especially when they go on sale from 30-50% off. And more people buy several products like you owning several Cerium than someone owning several CG parkas. Also with all these yuppies now buying Arcteryx and swamping their customer service with leaking feathers, makes the backlog even worse. Not like back when people send in their jackets because they tore the sleeve when their partner took a giant whipper.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1530 posts
1432 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 12:57 am
Because its easier to swallow the price of Arcteryx especially when they go on sale from 30-50% off. And more people buy several products like you owning several Cerium than someone owning several CG parkas. Also with all these yuppies now buying Arcteryx and swamping their customer service with leaking feathers, makes the backlog even worse. Not like back when people send in their jackets because they tore the sleeve when their partner took a giant whipper.
Yeah, nothing like a $500 puffer with multiple, new feathers sticking out of the material everyday. You're the yuppy if you accept that kind of shoddy workmanship. I'm seeing this in not one but all three of my Cerium jackets. The manufacturing design is clearly flawed on this model and they admitted this to me in writing, so....
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2272 posts
169 upvotes
North York
thelasthunter wrote:
Really? I hardly see anyone wear Arc’teryx. About the same as any other brand. I see CG and Moose Knuckle way more!
Jul 25, 2015
864 posts
707 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:08 am
Yeah, nothing like a $500 puffer with multiple, new feathers sticking out of the material everyday. You're the yuppy if you accept that kind of shoddy workmanship. I'm seeing this in not one but all three of my Cerium jackets. The manufacturing design is clearly flawed on this model and they admitted this to me in writing, so....
Its the nature of having a thinner face fabric and having more feathers leak. Its the name of the game. Theres also a thing in customer service where they just admit fault to annoying customers to get them off their back.

Same issue with people who buy a CG parka and complain their arms are cold in -20 when all they're wearing is a t-shirt underneath. CG parkas even with thicker face fabric also leak a little.
Jul 3, 2002
999 posts
2084 upvotes
sokolov wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:11 pm
How much do they charge for fixing?
It's free
Their warranty is second to none on repair (except maybe Costco returns)
They will fix any seam, zipper or rip. Seams and zippers are free. Rips may cost but I have never been charged.
I have some r3/r4 fleece jackets where I've had the zipper replaced multiple times. Fleece doesn't really wear out. It does take time though.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1159 upvotes
Magicwhistleca wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:36 pm
I work there. They definitely have them. Right now they're waiting to be priced. I thought they would have priced it yesterday considering everyone's been wanting them.

Edit: I know they have them because I checked the order sheets the other day. Didn't check the colours though.
Yes, just not in the store yet.
Jan 20, 2018
93 posts
129 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:57 am
Yes, just not in the store yet.
Yeah, the thing is typically before when customers would come in looking for product we had in the warehouse not priced yet we would go get it for them and just make note on the sheets.

For some reason, within the last like week, apparently warehouse management told us to not touch any skids not priced yet in the warehouse.

Annoying but I didn't know yet. Sorry you came out and couldn't get one.

It's a pretty high priority skid though so it should be priced and out soon I'll post here when it is and what colours.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1159 upvotes
Magicwhistleca wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:26 am
Yeah, the thing is typically before when customers would come in looking for product we had in the warehouse not priced yet we would go get it for them and just make note on the sheets.

For some reason, within the last like week, apparently warehouse management told us to not touch any skids not priced yet in the warehouse.

Annoying but I didn't know yet. Sorry you came out and couldn't get one.

It's a pretty high priority skid though so it should be priced and out soon I'll post here when it is and what colours.
cool thanks. I already got the Navy blue one from Patagonia yesterday, but i'm sure others will appreciate it.

Thanks,
Last edited by ekcivichb on Feb 12th, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2381 posts
2141 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:48 pm
On another note, I have never heard the term puffer used before until this website and I am on few different outdoor forums.
It's a commonly used term for thin material down jackets that look puffy. It's been used since like the 80s and throughout the 90s.
Sinasta wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:05 pm
It's the winter season which they are swamped at the warranty department.
I've experienced being completely ignored to extremely long waits for half-assed replies from them in non winter seasons. I agree that their customer service is not what it's cracked up to be (no better than the bad customer service of many other brands).
thelasthunter wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
thelasthunter wrote:
Not the case in Toronto. Arc is selling like hotcakes,
Are you talking about 3rd party retailers for CG, MK, TNF? The Toronto Arc'teryx stores in Yorkdale and Queen St always have very low to nonexistent stock as well as stocking fewer items than 3rd party Arc'teryx retailers. I've even seen revised items being sold at SportingLife first before Arc'teryx's own stores even (claimed to have) received them.
xeodragon wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:30 am
Really? I hardly see anyone wear Arc’teryx. About the same as any other brand. I see CG and Moose Knuckle way more!
That member likes to overstate (and complain about) Arc'teryx's popularity in every thread. Like you, in GTA/Toronto, I hardly see anybody wear Arc'teryx. Perhaps one per day here and there, most days never. It's years away from being remotely close to CG in terms of popularity. I mean, it seems like at the minimum, half the jackets I see every single day are CG. Also, like you, I see MK way more (and Nobis and Mackage) than Arc'teryx. I see tons of those daily. The last few years, I've seen more people wear Moncler than Arc'teryx. This winter, I've surprisingly seen slightly more people wear Patagonia than Arc'teryx.
Apr 16, 2008
591 posts
56 upvotes
Etobicoke
Great price, great jacket. Have it already, but would recommend getting at this price.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
2272 posts
169 upvotes
North York
bombdiggity wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:37 am
That member likes to overstate (and complain about) Arc'teryx's popularity in every thread. Like you, in GTA/Toronto, I hardly see anybody wear Arc'teryx. Perhaps one per day here and there, most days never. It's years away from being remotely close to CG in terms of popularity. I mean, it seems like at the minimum, half the jackets I see every single day are CG. Also, like you, I see MK way more (and Nobis and Mackage) than Arc'teryx. I see tons of those daily. The last few years, I've seen more people wear Moncler than Arc'teryx. This winter, I've surprisingly seen slightly more people wear Patagonia than Arc'teryx.
Ah that would explain it haha. Yeah because I frequent various areas of Toronto (mainly North York, Markham, sometimes Downtown), and you're right, way more of the other brands, top 3 is probably CG, MK, and misc. brands like North Face etc. Then maybe Moncler, with their shinier easy to spot fabrics. You'd probably see way more Arc'teryx in it's hometown of Vancouver but in Toronto, it's surprisingly sparse for a company originating in Canada. I guess it's not so much a fashion piece, but rather a technical piece, so it may appeal to the general crowd alot less.