• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 9:37 am
[OP]
Nov 20, 2015
129 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Patagonia] Patagonia Seasonal Sale up to 50% Off

Patagonia seasonal sale started this evening. Online and in-store for men, women and children.

Free shipping code from last season's sale VANFS1820 still works to save $15.

Free shipping code will say "Not Applied", but the $15 will be deducted upon checkout.

Thank you M@rk for the reminder of an additional 2% cashback with eBates.ca
Last edited by jamesw99 on Aug 16th, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Jul 28, 2006
601 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is the 45L bag good for a carry-on bag or too big?
Feb 16, 2017
344 posts
327 upvotes
The FS code doesn't work. Edit: sorry it works but it will say "Not Applied"...
Nov 13, 2006
891 posts
257 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Awesome! I got a card in the mail advertising the sale, but that free shipping code makes it all the more sweeter. I've been waiting for their Snap T fleece to go on sale again since the winter clearance.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3405 posts
119 upvotes
Richmond
Thanks OP! The code works! It might say "Not Applied" at first, but when you get to the checkout screen it takes the shipping off. Pretty good since they use UPS Express.

PS, don't forget to use eBates.ca for an extra 2% cashback
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3510 posts
2189 upvotes
Ottawa
TRD604 wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 1:42 am

If you're talking about this one the dimensions are listed as:

22 x 13 x 11

If you google it yourself, the VERY first link shows you this:

Air Canada Carry On Allowance. Air Canada's carry on allowance is one cabin bag that weighs no more than 10 kg (22 lbs) and that has dimensions of no more than 23 x 40 x 55 cm (9 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches), plus one personal item with maximum dimensions of 16 x 33 x 43 cm (6 x 13 x 17 inches).

You can draw your own conclusions at this point. For funsies, google other airlines before using this information, as they can be different (ESPECIALLY asian airlines, I find).
“Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1679 posts
402 upvotes
TRD604 wrote:
i’ve took the 60L black hole as carry on on AC before. it can be larger than the permissible dimension if fully loaded tho. very YMMV. i asked the agent at counter very nicely during check in. if that helps
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
3510 posts
2189 upvotes
Ottawa
manho wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 9:21 am
i’ve took the 60L black hole as carry on on AC before. it can be larger than the permissible dimension if fully loaded tho. very YMMV. i asked the agent at counter very nicely during check in. if that helps
It CAN be larger, sure, but I've seen many people get their back dimensions checked and then told to check it. It's very YMMV. As long as you don't pack it to the gills and can squeeze it in you should be fine.
“Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
Sep 15, 2004
259 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up a down sweater hoody and better sweater - the free shipping was the deciding factor. Returnable to the Patagonia Toronto store in case it doesn't fit well.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4013 posts
961 upvotes
Vancouver
TRD604 wrote:
Konowl wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 8:54 am
If you're talking about this one the dimensions are listed as:

22 x 13 x 11

If you google it yourself, the VERY first link shows you this:

Air Canada Carry On Allowance. Air Canada's carry on allowance is one cabin bag that weighs no more than 10 kg (22 lbs) and that has dimensions of no more than 23 x 40 x 55 cm (9 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches), plus one personal item with maximum dimensions of 16 x 33 x 43 cm (6 x 13 x 17 inches).

You can draw your own conclusions at this point. For funsies, google other airlines before using this information, as they can be different (ESPECIALLY asian airlines, I find).
I backpack with a 40L pack. It will not fit in the overhead bin if you pack it to the limit. For this reason I find 40L (and maybe even 45 if you don't go all out) the perfect size for carry-on travel. Because it's a backpack, it inherently looks smaller than suitcases and I usually get a pass even when the gate attendants come by to check bags. It's also more pliable so even if you do get checked, there's a good chance you can get away with it. Also, I recommend traveling with a small 10-15L daypack which I load with essentials that may be needed during a flight (electronics, moisturizers, water, extra clothing layers, etc.) and wear it in front on travel days. This way you've got a nice day pack for walking around as well!

I'd say your main concerns are flying with Asian or European discount airlines, not Air Canada and not most mainline carriers. On smaller aircraft or full flights (which is usually the only time they check your bags), AC will usually offer to gate check your bag for free. For discount airlines, if you don't meet their dimension requirements at the gate, you'll get dinged a very hefty penalty. Very YMMV.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
2382 posts
2142 upvotes
LondonAwaits wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 1:21 pm
Picked up a down sweater hoody and better sweater - the free shipping was the deciding factor. Returnable to the Patagonia Toronto store in case it doesn't fit well.

Thanks OP!
Their site states store refunds are to GCs but no mention of to method of payment. Is refunding back to CC possible at a store location for online orders?

It also doesn't mention return shipping label provided by them so it seems returns that way are to be paid for by the customer.
Aug 4, 2003
580 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if online orders ship from a Canadian warehouse? I'm concerned about potential duties. Thanks
May 24, 2008
281 posts
165 upvotes
plan b wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 7:58 pm
Does anyone know if online orders ship from a Canadian warehouse? I'm concerned about potential duties. Thanks
Products ship from warehouse in US, but the price in CAD includes duties/brokerage I believe. I have ordered multiple items over the $20 duty-free allowance and have never been charged anything extra.

You can refer to this for more info:
https://www.patagonia.ca/canada-orders.html
Sep 15, 2004
259 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
bombdiggity wrote:
Aug 16th, 2018 7:05 pm
Their site states store refunds are to GCs but no mention of to method of payment. Is refunding back to CC possible at a store location for online orders?

It also doesn't mention return shipping label provided by them so it seems returns that way are to be paid for by the customer.
I called the Patagonia Toronto store to verify and they did confirm that it goes back on the original method of payment.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2015
129 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I returned a few items in-store from the last sale (which I purchased online) that didn't fit well and it was no issue. Provided my credit card (original method of payment) to the associate and I was on my way.

Also, did not get hit with any duties when the items were shipped to me.