Patriot Box Office Owners Thread
Update 6/11/2012 with the last viable offering of the PBO going "unavailable" the PBO is officially discontinued. Thread has been going strong for the last 2 years, thanks for everyone who participated, thread is now moved to the "Electronics" forum for existing (and potential) owners to make use of the wealth of information all over the thread.
The following N-adapters are compatible with the PBO:
- AWLL6075 Airlink101
- AWLL5077 Airlink101
- Patriot PCBOWAU2-N
- DLINK DWA-130 HW version E1
- DLINK DWA-131
- Zonet ZEW2546
- dealextreme branded (2R1T)
- dealextreme branded (1R1T)
- monoprice branded
- meritline branded
- TEW-648UB (Rev 1.0)
- TEW-649UB (Rev 1.0)
- Asus USB-N10
- Belkin F5D8053 (v. 5000/6000)
The following wireless Realtek chipsets are compatible with the PBO (11N8709, RTL8187 and RTL8191SU)
Support for the following wireless RaLink chipsets can be added manually to the PBO (RT2571,RT2571W,RT2572,RT2573,RT2671,RT2770,RT2870,RT307x and RT3572USB)
- Hardware Canucks (Damn Good Value Award)
- Tweak Town (Video Review)
- Future Looks (Value Added Award)
- [H]ard|OCP (Editors Choice Enthusiast Gold Award)
- Pure OC (Great Hardware Award)
- aph networks (equal.balance Award)
- Techware Labs (Approved Hardware Award)
- Missing Remote
- The Gadgeteer
- Hardware Secrets
- Raiden's Realm
- Maximum PC
Customizing the PBO: a mini-guide
- get the Euro ACRBO or MedeBO latest version from here, make sure you read the background info to know what you are getting yourself into.
- follow the official update instructions here.
Navigation Setup (for ACRBO GUI 1.0 only):
- There is three pictures in post#2
- First to get dropouts for background browsing (without a jukebox): Download Thumbgen (check the thread here and the quick guide here).
- Second to get both dropouts and movie wall (picture 2): Download YAMJ installer here, the quick guide from here and finally further details if needed here.
- Third, to get a much neater looking and faster jukebox than YAMJ (dropouts + wall .. picture 3): Get the TViXiE2Playon!HD (how to here), if you have metafeeds/HDD installed follow the instructions here.
Online Content Setup:
- Install metafeeds and then xLive as described in my post here (this will get you online contents).
- The above assumes that you have HDD installed inside the box, installing metafeeds and xLive without an HDD can be done but requires extending workarounds.
NEW Semi-official Alternative route:
For those interested, I have compiled several custom firmware versions based on the latest PM firmware:
- latest PM firmware so comes with HD-Audio downmix ability (missing from ACR custom firmwares).
- Online access modules from Patriot, ACR, metafeeds, xLive, YouTube(HD), Shoutcast.
- RSS based jukebox.
- YAFFS2 based thus fully moddable (supports optware and all other add ons).
- Compatible with older bootcode 16 unlike the official release.
- Fully functioning without the need to install HDD for metafeeds/xLive.
Might want to also check the excellent hands-on by Midevilshadow here.
Its ok to press the thank you button if you feel the need to
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)