• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 9:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes

pay with different card ..don't return

I know this is a long shot but has anybody been able to repurchase an item on a different credit card without returning the product and only using the receipt at best buy ?

it's a tv I bought and the cash back card came too late ..was wondering if I'm able to refund the item ...then repurchase without actually bring back the product
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3457 posts
2090 upvotes
Vancouver
It is possible but YMMV.

You will need the original card holder to process the return with the original credit card. Since the return would go back to that credit card. You also need to find a rep willing to do this, which might not be exactly easy because most stores will have seasonal reps right now who might not know how to do this. You should explain the entire story to them in advance and see if anyone is willing to do it for you. Don’t be surprised if you are denied since this isn’t a regular thing but I did do it years ago while also doing a price protection (tv was on sale during VIP day).
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
Paigne wrote: It is possible but YMMV.

You will need the original card holder to process the return with the original credit card. Since the return would go back to that credit card. You also need to find a rep willing to do this, which might not be exactly easy because most stores will have seasonal reps right now who might not know how to do this. You should explain the entire story to them in advance and see if anyone is willing to do it for you. Don’t be surprised if you are denied since this isn’t a regular thing but I did do it years ago while also doing a price protection (tv was on sale during VIP day).
thanks man ..good to know
Mar 5, 2011
213 posts
50 upvotes
Why not buy the TV with the new credit card and return it right away with the old receipt/card?
I don't think they check any serial numbers !
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2898 posts
1494 upvotes
Edmonton
joyceetal wrote: I know this is a long shot but has anybody been able to repurchase an item on a different credit card without returning the product and only using the receipt at best buy ?

it's a tv I bought and the cash back card came too late ..was wondering if I'm able to refund the item ...then repurchase without actually bring back the product
If the TV has changed price since you bought it, you will be out of luck.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1622 posts
605 upvotes
damis wrote: Why not buy the TV with the new credit card and return it right away with the old receipt/card?
I don't think they check any serial numbers !
WTF? They scan serial numbers. They scan the bar code on the box.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13389 posts
13781 upvotes
Oakville
joyceetal wrote: I know this is a long shot but has anybody been able to repurchase an item on a different credit card without returning the product and only using the receipt at best buy ?

I don't understand why you need to repurchase it. If you want to use a cashback card, can't you just buy something else with it? Or reload some amazon gift card balance?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26045 posts
11492 upvotes
doctorgonzo wrote: WTF? They scan serial numbers. They scan the bar code on the box.
The serial number is often also a barcode on the box.
Nov 12, 2012
527 posts
229 upvotes
Port Moody

I think you'd be able to do this with the box (so they have something to scan). I think it's understandable that it's difficult to haul a TV back into the store to change the payment method.

However, if the original deal included a cash back card, you'd have to return that too (unless the deal is still active).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8372 posts
2337 upvotes
Mississauga
Just use that cash back card for other purchases (groceries, restaurants, gas...)
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
Raggie wrote: Just use that cash back card for other purchases (groceries, restaurants, gas...)
this is the best way I can earn the 10 percent which otherwise I would only get 1.75 percent

I already have cards that earn a high percentage on groceries etc
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
sale ends Jan 2 ...meaning today at 12 am est or do I have till Jan 2 1159 pm ? I take it as being the latter
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
engineered wrote: I don't understand why you need to repurchase it. If you want to use a cashback card, can't you just buy something else with it? Or reload some amazon gift card balance?
maybe because I don't plan to spend $1600 on amazon or another retailer ?
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
pokee99 wrote: I think you'd be able to do this with the box (so they have something to scan). I think it's understandable that it's difficult to haul a TV back into the store to change the payment method.

However, if the original deal included a cash back card, you'd have to return that too (unless the deal is still active).
it did not ..perhaps I can rip off the upc for them to scan
[OP]
Jul 13, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
just did it...was very easy ...only condition was they had to charge me first on the new card then return after