Cell Phones

Pay Koodo bill with prepaid credit card?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 12:36 am
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2703 posts
820 upvotes
Montreal
I believe prepaid cards have different requirements than regular CC’s.

In my experience, prepaid CC’s don’t care about the name.
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Feb 17, 2017
752 posts
458 upvotes
Calgary
wearysky wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 9:52 am
Having developed online credit card processing software for multiple websites, I don't remember even having the OPTION to check that the name properly matched. It might be there, but we never ever checked it. User data entry is NOTORIOUSLY unreliable, so we softened our checks even further - as long as the house number and postal code matched, we considered it a billing address match. That way you don't have to worry about "street" vs "st" vs "st.", etc.
I believe AmEx is the only network that even provides name matching, at least in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
1410 posts
78 upvotes
I have used those. no problem. In fact Koodo had many such offers in past giving prepaid cc as promotion.
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7430 posts
1222 upvotes
For me, I logged in to the prepaid credit card website and put in my name and postal code, then koodo would take it.

Koodo's address default is your billing address. Using a friend's credit card to pay your koodo doesnt work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1285 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
Update: I used bunch of vanilla prepaid cards to pay my koodo tab/bill. I'd entered my name in the name field. It took 2 days for transaction to change form pending to approved.