Shopping Discussion

Pay with paypal, sent to different name?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2014 9:34 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON

Pay with paypal, sent to different name?

I want to buy something off ebay and pay with paypal. I know that paypal inputs the name and address for shipping purposes. I see I can add another address to ship to, but how do I change the name so it shows the persons name receiving the package?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
add the name and address u want to ship the item to on to your ebay account and then it will carry that info over into paypal when your paying
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Thanks aaron158 - after some more reading I did find that solution and made my purchase.
I was surprised to see that Paypal will not allow you to add a non-Canadian address to your paypal a/c (you were able to do that in the past).
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Couldn't you have added a different shipping address to your ebay account?

You've made the purchase already, but for others, you should check with the seller because they may be only willing to ship to the buyer's confirmed paypal address.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
dmxlite wrote: Couldn't you have added a different shipping address to your ebay account?

You've made the purchase already, but for others, you should check with the seller because they may be only willing to ship to the buyer's confirmed paypal address.
Yes, I did add to my ebay a/c, then, when the ebay purchase takes you to paypal you can choose which shipping address (and name) to ship to. I initially tried to add to paypal but realized you can't add a US address there.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
jackie999 wrote: I was surprised to see that Paypal will not allow you to add a non-Canadian address to your paypal a/c (you were able to do that in the past).
Are you sure about this? I've had a US Paypal specifically for this reason for close to a decade precisely for a US Shipping address because a Canadian account can't use any other addresses.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
death_hawk wrote: Are you sure about this? I've had a US Paypal specifically for this reason for close to a decade precisely for a US Shipping address because a Canadian account can't use any other addresses.
Well..that was my experience. I tried to set up a new address in my regular Canadian paypal a/c and saw that the Country was set to Canada. Then I read in the paypal forums where people were complaining that they needed that US access..they could do it before, why not now...etc.
Maybe you'll be grandfathered in..but I doubt it..there were a lot of angry posts...

Rereading your post..if you have a US paypal linked to US banks/CC's ..then of course this doesn't apply :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Hmm. I've never seen the option to add a US address hence why I opened a US Paypal. I did notice that they recently had the option of adding a US Bank account to Canadian accounts which was nice.
Not that I could take advantage of it since they only allow an account to be linked once and it's already linked to my US Paypal.
Then again... I've never trolled the Paypal forums so I can't comment. But in my experience I've never seen the option.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
jackie999 wrote: Thanks aaron158 - after some more reading I did find that solution and made my purchase.
I was surprised to see that Paypal will not allow you to add a non-Canadian address to your paypal a/c (you were able to do that in the past).
ya paypal never lets u add an address that's not from Canada if u have a Canadian paypal account. but as long as u the address in your ebay account it just carries the address over and on ebay u can pretty much add any address I've used us and uk ones without any issue. same thing happens on non ebay sites that u can pay with paypal. it just pulls the shipping address from whatever u put down as the shipping address on the site your buying off of
Banned
Nov 11, 2014
4 posts
Toronto, ON
you can not add or change the name of your paypal account,you can just add an new address and that will be ok.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)