• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 2:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5204 posts
256 upvotes
So it definitely don't show up as cash advance given the various confirmations above coming up as merchandise.

Wondering if I should just pay test payment of $10-50 to the city and check Monday, or pay full tax amount ;) what if they take it out come next week? Although I doubt they'll do that given there are utilities and several other payees in there.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / ZenBanx member

Do you practice safe payments? Pay with Plastiq and get rewarded - pay hydro/utilities with any Credit card :)
Dec 23, 2012
35 posts
9 upvotes
Wow, you even dug out a lurker like me to reply in amazement. This advertizement is just what I need to encourage me to use this service.
Welcome to the forums and thank you four your first post.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1769 posts
181 upvotes
Kitchener
I tried a payment of my utility bill and my transaction was #345 Face With Tears Of Joy

Clearly very new in the market...
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Jan 25, 2012
132 posts
45 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:45 pm
Once you input the info in the other tabs, go back to the card number tab and erase the extra 00s. It should go through...mine did.
Different issue with mine. I can input the info no problem. But i'm actually getting a message saying I cannot add the card.

Response from their support team:

Thanks for reaching out! I'm Aravind, a team member here at Paytm. Unfortunately, some Amex cards are issued in the US and right now we only accept cards that have been issued in Canada. We're sorry about that! Please try using a card that was issued here in Canada. We're excited for you to make your first bill payment on Paytm! Is there anything I can do to help you add your telecom/hydro bill?
Aravind

Not entirely sure why they think my card is "issued in the US"..... I definitely have a Canadian Amex... Oh well. It would have been amazing becuase I just got this plat card and need to pay off 5000 in 3 months
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2058 posts
297 upvotes
Just paid 2500 towards my property tax. Had do do it in two transactions. When I tried 2500 gave me a warning that said they only allow 1500 in one transaction. So I did it in 2 , 1500 and 1000. Worked great and showed up on my Capital one Aspire as Merchandise. The popup said - Something went wrong - For security reasons, we limit the amount per transaction to C$1500 . Either enter a lower amount or learn how to increase your limit.
Jan 19, 2017
106 posts
33 upvotes
shiangsta wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:40 pm
Different issue with mine. I can input the info no problem. But i'm actually getting a message saying I cannot add the card.

Response from their support team:

Thanks for reaching out! I'm Aravind, a team member here at Paytm. Unfortunately, some Amex cards are issued in the US and right now we only accept cards that have been issued in Canada. We're sorry about that! Please try using a card that was issued here in Canada. We're excited for you to make your first bill payment on Paytm! Is there anything I can do to help you add your telecom/hydro bill?
Aravind

Not entirely sure why they think my card is "issued in the US"..... I definitely have a Canadian Amex... Oh well. It would have been amazing becuase I just got this plat card and need to pay off 5000 in 3 months
people have the same problem when using Plastiq.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5204 posts
256 upvotes
Kamloops wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:02 pm
Just paid 2500 towards my property tax. Had do do it in two transactions. When I tried 2500 gave me a warning that said they only allow 1500 in one transaction. So I did it in 2 , 1500 and 1000. Worked great and showed up on my Capital one Aspire as Merchandise. The popup said - Something went wrong - For security reasons, we limit the amount per transaction to C$1500 . Either enter a lower amount or learn how to increase your limit.
At the last screen where it shows processing etc. an error popped up saying 'TIME OUT' but apparently payment was still made and i saw it in AMEX.

Do you practice safe payments? Pay with Plastiq and get rewarded - pay hydro/utilities with any Credit card :)
Jan 19, 2017
106 posts
33 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:35 pm
At the last screen where it shows processing etc. an error popped up saying 'TIME OUT' but apparently payment was still made and i saw it in AMEX.
it is probably caused by too many users trying it now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
6945 posts
830 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
This will be great if I can use it to pay income taxes. If you can only do 1500 at a time, it may take awhile but may make paying the taxes a little more bearable knowing I get a bit of cashback.
Oct 24, 2016
35 posts
23 upvotes
ON
YYZC2 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:25 pm
To the poster who figured out the AmEx cards... I could kiss you.
Be careful in this season of mumps ;-)
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Sep 1, 2007
501 posts
329 upvotes
Surrey
got the stupid "US cards not accepted" error too trying to use the Amex business platinum card as others have said. bummer
Jan 25, 2012
132 posts
45 upvotes
ffonly wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:22 pm
got the stupid "US cards not accepted" error too trying to use the Amex business platinum card as others have said. bummer
ml88888888 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:33 pm
people have the same problem when using Plastiq.
Funny enough, plastiq works for me
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5204 posts
256 upvotes
ffonly wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:22 pm
got the stupid "US cards not accepted" err or too trying to use the Amex business platinum card as others have said. bummer
Amex SPG worked with 2 additional payments I just sent.
This shows up as Stripe payment Inc as temp on Amex site.

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2150 posts
675 upvotes
Faith24 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:44 pm
Obviously this is not a viable business model, so act fast and pray that it goes through.

The credit card companies charge the vendor 1.3 % - 2.5% for their services, at the higher end for "premium" cards that offer cash back, which is the only reason to do this. That's why governments and other non-retailers don't accept credit cards for bill payments. Do you really think that going through PayTM somehow evades this fee? Or that they could afford to pay that fee while charging you 50 cents? Dream on!
Seems to suggest there is more at play here. I am going to stay clear of this considering Paytm is not exactly an ethical company in the country of its origin.
Loose lips sink ships.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel