Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 1, 2017
25 posts
23 upvotes
mmikeman wrote: I think they offer limits based on your fico score....mine always lower because I keep churning cards and I've never had an offer for increase two diff cards the last year or so mind you they always start me with a 2K limit and 25% interest which goes to 19% eventually
they gave me $500 CL with 25% based on low score

with 2nd statement they increased CL to $1500

with 6th statement they increased CL to $4000

and lowered interest to 19%

with 12th statement they increased CL to $7000
Jun 21, 2016
211 posts
55 upvotes
noahlittlpeep wrote: they gave me $500 CL with 25% based on low score

My experience was very similar, 6th statement interest rate dropped and credit limit increased +$2500. I started with a $3000 CL.
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
2014 posts
786 upvotes
noahlittlpeep wrote: they gave me $500 CL with 25% based on low score

My experience is similar, however I started with $2500 at 19% and I am down to 16%. Also, I've had the card longer and my limit is now at what I believe is their maximum - 18K.

Both Canadian Tire and Walmart were cards that were easy to get and very quick to raise limits if you handled your credit with them properly.
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
2014 posts
786 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: If that were the case, I should be getting a $100k limit. Lol
From last year to date (MBNA WE, MBNA Rewards Platinum, Chase Marriott Visa, AMEX Business Gold, Rogers MC), all were issued at $5k+.

I'll start using this card for CT purchases and hope it will increase enough to allow me to pay property taxes next year.
I think it has more to do with the quantity of cards and limits you already have.

When I got my CT card, I was recovering from previous issues. I had only one card with a $750 limit at the time. I was immediately awarded $2500 at 19%.

You're applying with perfect credit and many cards. This is the more likely reason why they gave you a low limit. Their system questions whether or not you're going to even use the card.

At the same time, I also applied for a Walmart card and received a $1500 limit which rose to 12K in two years. I cancelled this card a couple of years ago. Just for the fun of it ( wanted to collect the free $25 bonus again), I applied for this card again about 6 months ago. My credit, job, and ratios are way better than they were when when I originally had the card. I was rejected! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
bewiseman wrote: I think it has more to do with the quantity of cards and limits you already have.

When I got my CT card, I was recovering from previous issues. I had only one card with a $750 limit at the time. I was immediately awarded $2500 at 19%.

You're applying with perfect credit and many cards. This is the more likely reason why they gave you a low limit. Their system questions whether or not you're going to even use the card.

At the same time, I also applied for a Walmart card and received a $1500 limit which rose to 12K in two years. I cancelled this card a couple of years ago. Just for the fun of it ( wanted to collect the free $25 bonus again), I applied for this card again about 6 months ago. My credit, job, and ratios are way better than they were when when I originally had the card. I was rejected! :)
I can live with the starting limit of $500, which will strictly be CT in-store purchases; as the main use was for utility and property tax payments
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
vkizzle wrote: I can live with the starting limit of $500, which will strictly be CT in-store purchases; as the main use was for utility and property tax payments
Good to see you've accepted it and moved on, unlike many people would.
I would feel downright insulted, and would have preferred a decline rather than a limit I was given for my first credit card 26 years ago.
Seriously, a $500 limit is quite useless for anything, including shopping at CT.
But the bright side is, they're good at offering limit increases, unlike most other FI's.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1087 posts
832 upvotes
Mississauga
bewiseman wrote: My experience is similar, however I started with $2500 at 19% and I am down to 16%. Also, I've had the card longer and my limit is now at what I believe is their maximum - 18K.

Both Canadian Tire and Walmart were cards that were easy to get and very quick to raise limits if you handled your credit with them properly.
I've been happy with Canadian Tire.

Although only using the card regularly now for CT purchases and to pay my natural gas bill, plus my car loan (with their CTFSpayments)!
May 31, 2017
20 posts
2 upvotes
Got this error message after making several large payments to the NSLSC:
Due to account status, you are unable to transfer your balance online at this time. Please call 1-800-459-6415 if you require further details.

How long does it usually take to clear? CTFS has already unblocked my account but says the lockout is based on postal code and does not know when it will clear.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
anyone else received an email from CTFS encouraging you to pay bill using the ctfs CC?

I think they are feeling the pressure from paytm?

if paytm continues to waive the fee for the gas and hydro bills ... i will soon ditch the ctfs CC ... :twisted:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
ValueHunter999 wrote: anyone else received an email from CTFS encouraging you to pay bill using the ctfs CC?

if paytm continues to waive the fee for the gas and hydro bills ... i will soon ditch the ctfs CC ... :twisted:
Paytm will start charging fees for property taxes in the very near future.
There's already hints of that based on how they are currently processing property taxes by crediting back the fee and also by limiting daily transaction amount; as it "costs" them money to process larger payments.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1545 upvotes
Brampton
If anyone wants me to edit/add info to OP please let me know by PM, thanks :)
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Aug 28, 2012
1964 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
ValueHunter999 wrote: anyone else received an email from CTFS encouraging you to pay bill using the ctfs CC?

I got the email too. First time I've ever seen them advertise it. I love paying for bills with my CTMC. Just hope they update the website to store bill account numbers and last payments to speed things up a bit.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
MarvinMartian wrote: I got the email too. First time I've ever seen them advertise it. I love paying for bills with my CTMC. Just hope they update the website to store bill account numbers and last payments to speed things up a bit.
i only use it for bills which do not accept CCs ...

its too bad that the current cb is only .8% ...

for this year property tax, i m using paytm since the fee is currently being waived ... and earning $10 promo for future payments ...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6040 posts
2736 upvotes
Vancouver

Last couple of yrs, we put thru ~$30k to $35k using CTFS CC.

This year we have been using PayTm and Plastiq as much as we can due to amex spend requirements and higher rate of return than CTFS CC using other credit cards.

I hope PayTm continues to waive fee for property tax until end of June. With their new recent $10 credit promo, looks like they are still looking for more users so their fee waiver may last a bit longer.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
Only heard about PayTM today. Didn't know an Indian company is also interested in doing payment business here in Canada.

https://paytm.com/

Paytm is an Indian electronic payment and e-commerce company based out of Delhi NCR, India. Launched in August 2010, it is the consumer brand of parent One97 Communications. The name is an acronym for "Pay Through Mobile."
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
alanbrenton wrote: Only heard about PayTM today. Didn't know an Indian company is also interested in doing payment business here in Canada.

https://paytm.com/

Paytm is an Indian electronic payment and e-commerce company based out of Delhi NCR, India. Launched in August 2010, it is the consumer brand of parent One97 Communications. The name is an acronym for "Pay Through Mobile."
You're missing all of the action.
pay-property-tax-credit-card-2087891/
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
Speedy1 wrote: Last couple of yrs, we put thru ~$30k to $35k using CTFS CC.

This year we have been using PayTm and Plastiq as much as we can due to amex spend requirements and higher rate of return than CTFS CC using other credit cards.

I hope PayTm continues to waive fee for property tax until end of June. With their new recent $10 credit promo, looks like they are still looking for more users so their fee waiver may last a bit longer.
yes, i m almost half way thru the property tax ... i have earned $20 already for future use ...

will probably use paytm for the hydro & gas bills as long as they are fee-free ... :)