Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
xx1what wrote: Interesting.

Following your advice throughout many different threads, I recently got a cash advantage for bill payment purposes.

I just activated the card this Friday, logged on online.

I go to manage payee, I get:
"Looks like we are having issues with our site. Please try again, or call customer service at 1-800-459-6415 for assistance."
The URL says:
access_denied.html

Should I be worried?
It seems that everyone else on this thread is making payments fine.
LOL808 wrote: i dont think you should worry ... but perhaps call in to find out what is going on if it happens often enough ...
@xx1what I do see that you've been following my posts. Thank you for that. Yes, congrats on grabbing Cash Advantage!

That said, new CTFS cardholders must watch minimum 30 days post-activation in order to use the bill pay feature. Note that you can link the card to PayTM and start putting some usage on it.

I've been maintaining $100-400 utilization on the card and went from $2.5k to $5k CL six months in. One cardholder reported only putting "coffee spend" on the card and hasn't got a CLI yet. I don't know what the exact threshold is, but I don't mind putting house bills on the card for now. While I could get 1.75% from Rogers, it's not an enormous amount of spend to earn on, and I rather water my garden and wait for CLI's at CTFS.

30 days in you'll gain access to the CTFS bill pay.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: @xx1what I do see that you've been following my posts. Thank you for that. Yes, congrats on grabbing Cash Advantage!

That said, new CTFS cardholders must watch minimum 30 days post-activation in order to use the bill pay feature. Note that you can link the card to PayTM and start putting some usage on it.

I've been maintaining $100-400 utilization on the card and went from $2.5k to $5k CL six months in. One cardholder reported only putting "coffee spend" on the card and hasn't got a CLI yet. I don't know what the exact threshold is, but I don't mind putting house bills on the card for now. While I could get 1.75% from Rogers, it's not an enormous amount of spend to earn on, and I rather water my garden and wait for CLI's at CTFS.

30 days in you'll gain access to the CTFS bill pay.
Thanks for clearing this up.

30 days wait period, is somewhat annoying.

May I ask, where is this 30 days rule written?
I didn't find it in the first page of the thread, and also not online or on paper.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
xx1what wrote: Thanks for clearing this up.

30 days wait period, is somewhat annoying.

May I ask, where is this 30 days rule written?
I didn't find it in the first page of the thread, and also not online or on paper.
I have absolutely no idea. Only heard of this from RFD crowd. I got mine June last year, before they implemented the bill pay overhaul. I suspect that's when they added the 30 day rule. Ppl have been reporting the waiting period by customer service.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
Made a test payment last week and nothing shows up.
Even the Payee is not listed?
Anyone else been able to pay some bills?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
vkizzle wrote: Made a test payment last week and nothing shows up.
Even the Payee is not listed?
Anyone else been able to pay some bills?
Yes, it works fine but the charge takes several days at least to show up under the transaction list.
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10531 posts
4736 upvotes
Burnaby
Worst month possible. Capital one flagged pay tm as fraud so I had to use Canadian tire as backup. Paid both bc hydro and FortisBC March 2, just checked my CTFS statement and only bc hydro got charged (but Fortis last payment shows on payee list)

Bill due tomorrow so making a payment from my chequing account so I know it'll go through

What a gongshow
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
crimsona wrote: Capital one flagged pay tm as fraud
What do you mean by this? PayTM can no longer be used with Cap1?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
aweawea wrote: What do you mean by this? PayTM can no longer be used with Cap1?
That's just Cap1's automated programs flagging what appears to be fraudulent. Sometimes you'll get an e-mail to confirm the purchase as legitimate, other times you'll have to call in and have them flag it manually. I've had to do both. One time Cap1 claimed to have done "everything" and yet it still wouldn't let the charge through so I had to use a different card.

BTW, we're on the Canadian Tire forum and not the Cap1 or PayTM forum :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
aweawea wrote: Yes, it works fine but the charge takes several days at least to show up under the transaction list.
Took two business days for the bill to post :)
Dec 25, 2015
250 posts
187 upvotes
Brighton, ON
Can't pay co-operators insurance on the new site - could under the old system.
Oct 7, 2012
698 posts
586 upvotes
willowberry wrote: Can't pay co-operators insurance on the new site - could under the old system.
Pay them with another rewards credit card
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
willowberry wrote: Can't pay co-operators insurance on the new site - could under the old system.
kangaroo11 wrote: Pay them with another rewards credit card
Or if you don’t have another CC, or if you must insist on using your CTMC, then use it thru PayTM. I see “The Co-Operators Home/Auto/Life” listed as payees. No service fee for using PayTM with a MC as the payment source.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
Why don't you login to your Co-operators account and pay from there?
Or call in and do it over the phone?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
I pay Co-operators with VISA Infinite (3% cashback if monthly). Once I paid them via US issued VISA signature and they incurred much higher merch fees than AmEx.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
titaniumtux wrote: I pay Co-operators with VISA Infinite (3% cashback if monthly). Once I paid them via US issued VISA signature and they incurred much higher merch fees than AmEx.
Lol...and then they increased your rates for pulling a fast one!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
vkizzle wrote: Lol...and then they increased your rates for pulling a fast one!
Fortunately not yet...
Dec 25, 2015
250 posts
187 upvotes
Brighton, ON
vkizzle wrote: Why don't you login to your Co-operators account and pay from there?
Or call in and do it over the phone?
I didn't realize there was such a thing as a co-operators account. Can I pay using CTMC and get the ct $?

To the other responses, thankyou but I don't have another rewards card and don't wish to use PayTM.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
willowberry wrote: I didn't realize there was such a thing as a co-operators account. Can I pay using CTMC and get the ct $?

To the other responses, thankyou but I don't have another rewards card and don't wish to use PayTM.
Yes Sir.
Aug 7, 2018
15 posts
Is there any one can confirm which code is for national student loan payment? Is it "NS STUDENT LOAN" under manage payees? Much thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
KaiH5090 wrote: Is there any one can confirm which code is for national student loan payment? Is it "NS STUDENT LOAN" under manage payees? Much thanks.
From Googling, that appears to be Nova Scotia student loan.
If you're in Ontario, your repayments would be to the NSLSC. Not sure if that's on the CTFS payee list.