Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
Just joined the party today, fired 4 test transactions each of 1 dollar
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
FatSheep wrote: Just joined the party today, fired 4 test transactions each of 1 dollar
welcome !!!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2261 posts
1504 upvotes
FatSheep wrote: Just joined the party today, fired 4 test transactions each of 1 dollar
Welcome to the partaaay!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
Does this work for belairdirect? I see them on the list, but can't find them when I try to add them.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: Belairdirect takes credit card in general afaik so no need to go thru CTFS to pay them.
Is that only if you pay the entire year upfront, or does that now include monthly payments as well? I guess I will have to contact them to confirm since I pay monthly and it wasn't an option before.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
RichRFD wrote: Is that only if you pay the entire year upfront, or does that now include monthly payments as well? I guess I will have to contact them to confirm since I pay monthly and it wasn't an option before.
It's a supplier's decision to accept payments by CC, so they can restrict it however they want. From reading various threads over the past few years it's become apparent that some insurance companies accept CCs only if you pay your entire bill in full, so don't be surprised if Belair says no

I imagine the internal logic is that it's worth it to them to eat the CC fee only if they get all your money up front
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1567 posts
1257 upvotes
threadhead wrote: It's a supplier's decision to accept payments by CC, so they can restrict it however they want. From reading various threads over the past few years it's become apparent that some insurance companies accept CCs only if you pay your entire bill in full, so don't be surprised if Belair says no

I imagine the internal logic is that it's worth it to them to eat the CC fee only if they get all your money up front
Yup. Also some insurance companies charge an extra fee for monthly payments. Between those fees and the credit card rewards, I've found it worthwhile to pay for the full year of insurance up-front.
Sep 12, 2013
27 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the CTFS bill pay feature available immediately upon activation of a new Triangle MC, or is there a waiting period? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
JUnit wrote: Yup. Also some insurance companies charge an extra fee for monthly payments. Between those fees and the credit card rewards, I've found it worthwhile to pay for the full year of insurance up-front.
Absolutely. My personal insurance bill isn't that big (less than $3,500 for the house and 2 cars) and paying it isn't exactly optional, so why not discharge the bill in full by CC if you can score a few bucks by doing so -- plus it's the RFD thing to do!
Mar 23, 2004
47720 posts
13889 upvotes
Markham
RichRFD wrote: Is that only if you pay the entire year upfront, or does that now include monthly payments as well? I guess I will have to contact them to confirm since I pay monthly and it wasn't an option before.
I am positive that they accept credit card if you pay the entire amount upfront. But there is no way for you to pay them monthly through CTFS (since they have to debit off your bank account), so it's a moot point if Belair takes monthly cc payments.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
angel_wing0 wrote: I am positive that they accept credit card if you pay the entire amount upfront. But there is no way for you to pay them monthly through CTFS (since they have to debit off your bank account), so it's a moot point if Belair takes monthly cc payments.
Not a CT card matter, but since we're on the topic

I don't have a reference link, but IIRC some posters have been able to set up a monthly auto-debit to their Tangerine CC with certain insurance companies, although I believe there's a convenience fee / interest cost involved (i.e. the monthly payment isn't just the annual bill divided by 12).

This appealed to people who wouldn't / couldn't pay their full year's bill anyway, and the 2% they could recover from Tangerine for the CC spend offset the convenience charges -- so they got monthly pay at no premium
Mar 20, 2006
39 posts
19 upvotes
maynare wrote: Is the CTFS bill pay feature available immediately upon activation of a new Triangle MC, or is there a waiting period? Thanks.
The waiting period is 1 month if I remember it correctly.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
1567 posts
1257 upvotes
threadhead wrote: Absolutely. My personal insurance bill isn't that big (less than $3,500 for the house and 2 cars) and paying it isn't exactly optional, so why not discharge the bill in full by CC if you can score a few bucks by doing so -- plus it's the RFD thing to do!
It does take a bit more budgeting to manage though. In my case, I found that my larger annual expenses (e.g. property tax, home insurance, car insurance, income tax, ski passes) are scattered enough throughout the year that it wasn't too hard to switch from monthly payments for property tax and insurance. I just ensure I set enough cash aside in the months when no big items are due so that I can pay those bills as they come (plus there is some flexibility with scheduling of things like RRSP/TFSA contributions and mortgage prepayments).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Britex wrote: I had my limit decreased without warning as well. Called them and they said it was due to inactivity. Requested the old limit back and they said they would need a credit check. I guess reverting to the old limit must depend on many factors.

In the end they did the credit check and my limit was reinstated.
djino wrote: Interesting. They didn't need to do any credit check on me, they simply put it back immediately. The call took like 2-3 minutes total and I confirmed the limit online just before hanging up.

I typically spend about $500/month on it, so I always have activity.

djino
Ditz for me. Lowered from $18K to $10K. Called and the rep sounded a bit goofy, but was able to restore my limits back to $18K right away, within a minute, without a credit check.

He mumbled something about “You’re good for a month”. So I asked him if I need to call back in a month to request an increase again. But then he annoyingly blurted back “No, no. You called within a month so you’re eligible and I can restore it right away.” Like as if he didn’t really want to do it because ...??? Well, I dunno why, but he was irked about something.

My Cash Advantage MC will likely never get back to the glory days of $900/yr but it’s got some sentimental value embedded. Didn’t feel whole to see it with just $9K as its limit so I’m in a good place again, seeing the $18K restored. :lol:
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6134 posts
3607 upvotes
Toronto
bizee-bee wrote: Ditz for me. Lowered from $18K to $10K. Called and the rep sounded a bit goofy, but was able to restore my limits back to $18K right away, within a minute, without a credit check.

He mumbled something about “You’re good for a month”. So I asked him if I need to call back in a month to request an increase again. But then he annoyingly blurted back “No, no. You called within a month so you’re eligible and I can restore it right away.” Like as if he didn’t really want to do it because ...??? Well, I dunno why, but he was irked about some
Got mine restored today. Your comment on the CSR got me to thinking about mine. 1 call center was closed. The one I was able to connect to did have a wait & the CSR was also sub prime. Not their usual. Likely staffing issues.
Dec 28, 2018
187 posts
162 upvotes
Anyone know we can ask for a cheque to refund a negative balance in CT Mastercard? Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)