Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 7, 2003
886 posts
128 upvotes
I tried to pay my CTFS bill using Interac Online. Once I entered the amount, the only available banks listed were Royal Bank and TD. Is this normal?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
MasterAvatar wrote: I tried to pay my CTFS bill using Interac Online. Once I entered the amount, the only available banks listed were Royal Bank and TD. Is this normal?
Yes.
Sep 12, 2013
27 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
bnlw wrote: The waiting period is 1 month if I remember it correctly.
Thanks @bnlw. I read that somewhere else on RFD as well, but I don't see anything about a bill pay waiting period on the CTFS web site.

DP: The bill pay feature showed up immediately after activating the new card. I was able to add two payees and set up two payments which now show as pending transactions.
Jan 3, 2003
440 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver Island
MasterAvatar wrote: I tried to pay my CTFS bill using Interac Online. Once I entered the amount, the only available banks listed were Royal Bank and TD. Is this normal?
The other banks have moved to a VISA branded debit card instead of Interac, works almost the same way. I pay with Scotia to get scene points.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2675 posts
3179 upvotes
i was denied the Canadian tire CC. no idea what they are looking for. in fact it’s the first time i’ve been denied for a CC. my score is 860. i was hoping to use it for a purchase and do no interest payment for a year. such is life but sure is confusing why such a basic CC wuld deny me
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
karnige wrote: i was denied the Canadian tire CC. no idea what they are looking for. in fact it’s the first time i’ve been denied for a CC. my score is 860. i was hoping to use it for a purchase and do no interest payment for a year. such is life but sure is confusing why such a basic CC wuld deny me
Could be a mismatch on your TU compared to your ID...name, date of birth or address (address is the most common one). I recommend calling TransUnion.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
May 19, 2017
657 posts
446 upvotes
karnige wrote: i was denied the Canadian tire CC. no idea what they are looking for. in fact it’s the first time i’ve been denied for a CC. my score is 860. i was hoping to use it for a purchase and do no interest payment for a year. such is life but sure is confusing why such a basic CC wuld deny me
Was it denied online during the application?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
can u pay intact insurance thru this triangle WE card? if yes i might try to apply for this card! tia

i don't see toronto property taxes on here? tf
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
angel_wing0 wrote: You can pay intact with any normal credit card with 1 or 3 pay.
they don't take amex tho! :(
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10016 posts
3743 upvotes
multi city dweller
mikka2017 wrote: they don't take amex tho! :(
anyone who qualifies should get the ctfs triangle cc just for the free RA and also BPs ... its a no brainer ...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
LOL808 wrote: anyone who qualifies should get the ctfs triangle cc just for the free RA and also BPs ... its a no brainer ...
ikr!!
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2675 posts
3179 upvotes
GBUalways wrote: Was it denied online during the application?
no I called CS and they said it was denied. When I did the application they said it couldn't be verified. but Iv'e never had issues before with CC applications. They said they will send me a letter. I assume its what you said. unable to verify something
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: can u pay intact insurance thru this triangle WE card? if yes i might try to apply for this card! tia

i don't see toronto property taxes on here? tf
angel_wing0 wrote: You can pay intact with any normal credit card with 1 or 3 pay.
mikka2017 wrote: they don't take amex tho! :(

Ahh... Yeah... This is how I see the correlation:
mikka2017 walks into a burger king.
mikka2017: Hi, do you have burgers?
BK rep: Yes! We have delicious whoppers.
mikka2017: No thanks, I wanted a big mac.
Mar 23, 2004
47720 posts
13889 upvotes
Markham
Britex wrote: Ahh... Yeah... This is how I see the correlation:
mikka2017 walks into a burger king.
mikka2017: Hi, do you have burgers?
BK rep: Yes! We have delicious whoppers.
mikka2017: No thanks, I wanted a big mac.
Good point :lol: Though i never knew that intact doesnt take amex.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know if CTFS works with SAAQ (Quebec vehicle registration)? I searched several terms, each time more vague, but didn't find it.

Thanks.
=aw
Apr 16, 2020
372 posts
480 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: Does anyone know if CTFS works with SAAQ (Quebec vehicle registration)? I searched several terms, each time more vague, but didn't find it.

Thanks.
=aw
According to the Bill Payee List linked in the first post (the changes tab), SAAQ was removed in May 2017.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Okay thanks, didn't realize that list was there. Guess we'll just pay from bank (I think it used to be limited to some banks or only Desjardins or something?, but I see four (?) SAAQ items on TDCT, I know this is immatriculation.

Thanks again.
=aw
Sep 12, 2013
27 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
maynare wrote: DP: The bill pay feature showed up immediately after activating the new card. I was able to add two payees and set up two payments which now show as pending transactions.
Looks like there's no waiting period to use the bill pay feature after activating a new card. My test transactions initiated on the same day the card was activated have been received by the payees (Ottawa-Tax and Hydro One ).

Update for OP: Ottawa property taxes can be paid via CTFS.
Aug 20, 2007
93 posts
15 upvotes
Could anyone check if FirstService Residential (Strata) is on the bill payee list? I see them on my TD account but didn't see them on the bill payee list.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)