Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 6:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1407 posts
480 upvotes
TBD
Pretty good promo for the next 3 days. Spend $100 or more at Sportchek, get $25 in CT money back.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4995 posts
645 upvotes
Ottawa
kevdanga wrote:
Dec 14th, 2017 11:50 pm
Pretty good promo for the next 3 days. Spend $100 or more at Sportchek, get $25 in CT money back.
i just spent $200 at CT and got a $50 promo giftcard ...
must spend it within a wk though ...
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1622 posts
618 upvotes
GTA
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:00 pm
So, do they allow Toronto property tax yet?
Wrong thread
Last edited by Britex on Dec 15th, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5028 posts
4000 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
Britex wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:35 pm
Yes, but you must pay by linking your bank account or transfer money from your bank account to PayTM. So, why have a middleman when all it does is increase your chance of the money getting "lost" or payment delayed? Once upon a time they tried to entice people to link their bank accounts by giving you a percentage back as PayTM Cash, but, those offers are gone. Despite the rebate offer, many people, myself included, are reluctant to link our bank accounts because of their willy nilly QA practice. Or total lack of security concerns despite their constant BS about how important security is to their business.
This isn’t the PayTM thread
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5028 posts
4000 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
Britex wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 4:56 pm
Doh! Sorry, wrong thread.
Haha been there done that
Nov 21, 2016
16 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know if Alterna Mortgage payments can be paid using this way?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5028 posts
4000 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
Andrew8o wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 6:51 pm
Does anyone know if Alterna Mortgage payments can be paid using this way?
No credit type accounts period can be paid using CTFS
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
4077 posts
1929 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:00 pm
So, do they allow Toronto property tax yet?
They (CTFS) did have "TORONTO TAXES 90001563" as a payee for a month or so, some time earlier this year, but then removed it.

For your Toronto taxes, just use PayTM (no service fees for now) or down the road when PayTM revokes the no-fee offers you might even consider Plastiq (~2% - 2.5% fee) especially if you're trying to meet the $5K minimum spending requirement of the Amex Business Gold card, which can earn 2X on Plastiq payments, which effectively negates the Plastiq service charges.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5064 posts
2718 upvotes
I don't feel very good right now, I used a balance transfer offer recently, and ended up instantly paying everything. Then on the next cycle all I did with the card was a $3 purchase or so. However what I didn't see up to now is that there was one cent ($0.01) of interest that had been added last month, that I hadn't seen. And so the minimum payment was one cent higher for the month than what I paid, the grace period having been passed. I just found out about it.

I called CS, asking if they could waive the 30 months late on my file as a goodwill gesture, but the CSR told me that for one cent less, it wouldn't show as a 30 days late. I was suspicious of this answer, as I couldn't tell her otherwise and didn't know if it was just a bogus answer to get rid of me.

I don't know what will happen, but it looks possible like I might have my first 30 days late on my credit file ever.

It's really odd, because on that same statement, I have a page congratulating me, saying my interest rate will be 16.99% for my good use of the card.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1643 posts
521 upvotes
Winnipeg
Poutinesauce wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 12:40 pm
I don't feel very good right now, I used a balance transfer offer recently, and ended up instantly paying everything. Then on the next cycle all I did with the card was a $3 purchase or so. However what I didn't see up to now is that there was one cent ($0.01) of interest that had been added last month, that I hadn't seen. And so the minimum payment was one cent higher for the month than what I paid, the grace period having been passed. I just found out about it.

I called CS, asking if they could waive the 30 months late on my file as a goodwill gesture, but the CSR told me that for one cent less, it wouldn't show as a 30 days late. I was suspicious of this answer, as I couldn't tell her otherwise and didn't know if it was just a bogus answer to get rid of me.

I don't know what will happen, but it looks possible like I might have my first 30 days late on my credit file ever.

It's really odd, because on that same statement, I have a page congratulating me, saying my interest rate will be 16.99% for my good use of the card.
I'd not worry too much. In any case, there is not much you can do now, and I don't think that CSRs can do much either. If your online account still does not show any charges for overdue payments, etc. then you are probably fine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5064 posts
2718 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 11:12 pm
I'd not worry too much. In any case, there is not much you can do now, and I don't think that CSRs can do much either. If your online account still does not show any charges for overdue payments, etc. then you are probably fine.
I see a 0.01 cent "interest fee".

Really annoying as hell.