Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
karnige wrote: jesus christ guess what shows up in the mail today. the CC....... after I bought what I wanted to buy and after they said I was denied...... **** idiots
If you bought the stuff at CT, simply go back and buy it again with the credit card, then refund it using your receipt from the first purchase.
That’s what I would do, assuming the potential CT money makes it worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2675 posts
3180 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: u got the WE card in mail today? if, yes, when did u apply and when did u get the card ( after how many days?) thx...i've gotten NO emails for denial or approval yet....been like 5 days...hoping to get card in mail by suprise!
looks like it was 12 days before it suddenly showed up

coolintheshade wrote: If you bought the stuff at CT, simply go back and buy it again with the credit card, then refund it using your receipt from the first purchase.
That’s what I would do, assuming the potential CT money makes it worth it.
unfortunately it was a $1300 gazebo that I got delivered that i wanted to make no interest payments on.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
karnige wrote: looks like it was 12 days before it suddenly showed up

unfortunately it was a $1300 gazebo that I got delivered that i wanted to make no interest payments on.
what CL did they give if u don't mind...i really want this card for the free roadside! and property tax bills/hydro/enbridge payments!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2675 posts
3180 upvotes
credit limit was 18k

edit- and one of the panels is damaged. lol. oh let’s see how accommodating canadian tire is.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
karnige wrote: credit limit was 18k

edit- and one of the panels is damaged. lol. oh let’s see how accommodating canadian tire is.
CT will ask you to either return it or call the manufacturer for a replacement. So, depending on the manufacturer, it could take a while. The last time I asked for a replacement for a lighting glass shade, it took 3 weeks before it showed up. I believe that is due to the COVID-19 situation since it's in their best interest to get it to you ASAP.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2675 posts
3180 upvotes
Britex wrote: CT will ask you to either return it or call the manufacturer for a replacement. So, depending on the manufacturer, it could take a while. The last time I asked for a replacement for a lighting glass shade, it took 3 weeks before it showed up. I believe that is due to the COVID-19 situation since it's in their best interest to get it to you ASAP.
well i dont have an issue waiting for a new panel. its all built anyways, thanks for the help
Sep 30, 2019
21 posts
9 upvotes
I have had the Triangle world elite card for over 3 months. I only had 300 credit limit for the card while all my other credit cards all have over at least 6000. I keep using this card every month since I have it. I use it to pay the property tax and my electric bills. So basically every month, I almost spend over at least 600 on the card. But after 6 months, I still cannot get my credit limit increased. It really troubles a lot that I need to make several payments to pay the property tax. I am wondering are they try to control your credit limits so that you will not get too much rewards by using it to pay for the property tax?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
AidenJacob wrote: I have had the Triangle world elite card for over 3 months. I only had 300 credit limit for the card while all my other credit cards all have over at least 6000. I keep using this card every month since I have it. I use it to pay the property tax and my electric bills. So basically every month, I almost spend over at least 600 on the card. But after 6 months, I still cannot get my credit limit increased. It really troubles a lot that I need to make several payments to pay the property tax. I am wondering are they try to control your credit limits so that you will not get too much rewards by using it to pay for the property tax?
I think they're stingy on CLI's during the pandemic.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
AidenJacob wrote: I have had the Triangle world elite card for over 3 months. I only had 300 credit limit for the card while all my other credit cards all have over at least 6000. I keep using this card every month since I have it. I use it to pay the property tax and my electric bills. So basically every month, I almost spend over at least 600 on the card. But after 6 months, I still cannot get my credit limit increased. It really troubles a lot that I need to make several payments to pay the property tax. I am wondering are they try to control your credit limits so that you will not get too much rewards by using it to pay for the property tax?
Did you cal and ask for an increase?
If so when?
Sep 30, 2019
21 posts
9 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: Did you cal and ask for an increase?
If so when?
I called in last week and today again, I thought who I talk to matters. I was told they can only submit the increase via the system, if the system rejects, they can do nothing for me. They suggest I try a month later...
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1469 posts
885 upvotes
Winnipeg
mkannuri wrote: Some how this card slipped out of my radar even though the PayTM era (getting 1.75% CB via Rogers card) is finished last year.
opened using Sportscheck promo this week ($50eCT promo) and got approved email with $3k CL only.
Thought its strange to get this low CL, but i will not complain as long as i can pay off my taxes in installements and pay of the CC using PayTM (double dip) i am fine i guess.

May i know whats your CL for ur CTCB card? did they offered automatic increases or asked later?
How does one open the card with the SportChek promo? Or any other sign up bonus.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Senk wrote: How does one open the card with the SportChek promo? Or any other sign up bonus.
For the SportChek promo, add something to your cart, then go to the cart page, the signup ad will show there.
Note that to get the $50 bonus CT money, you need to buy something $50 or more at SportChek with the CT card when you get it.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3031 posts
1082 upvotes
Mississauga
coolintheshade wrote: For the SportChek promo, add something to your cart, then go to the cart page, the signup ad will show there.
Note that to get the $50 bonus CT money, you need to buy something $50 or more at SportChek with the CT card when you get it.
Any work around as i dont have anything to buy at sports check.. i should have used marks link at least where some clearance stuff is worth to buy..
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
mkannuri wrote: Any work around as i dont have anything to buy at sports check.. i should have used marks link at least where some clearance stuff is worth to buy..
If you already applied via SportChek link, you’re SOL, as the terms say you must make a $50 SportChek purchase to get $50 back.
Mar 23, 2004
47720 posts
13889 upvotes
Markham
mkannuri wrote: Any work around as i dont have anything to buy at sports check.. i should have used marks link at least where some clearance stuff is worth to buy..
coolintheshade wrote: If you already applied via SportChek link, you’re SOL, as the terms say you must make a $50 SportChek purchase to get $50 back.
3 letters - SOL.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3031 posts
1082 upvotes
Mississauga
i did not understood SOL means until i googled :-)
well..i called in the rep did not mentioned any of this condition and informed me that i should get the $50eCT after 5 weeks automatically :-) well the conversation is recorded and sure they will have to manually add incase :-)

Btw.. the peel water is not included in payee list.. can any one post the list of the eligible payee;s (remember seeing some where in this thread)
NVM found it "PEEL-WTR&WASTEWÈ
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3579 posts
1988 upvotes
Whitehorse
There is "Annapolis-Tax" and "Annapolis Tax". I had to pay to Annapolis County and asked them, which one was the right one. They advised me that it is "Annapolis Tax".
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2999 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
sokolov wrote: There is "Annapolis-Tax" and "Annapolis Tax". I had to pay to Annapolis County and asked them, which one was the right one. They advised me that it is "Annapolis Tax".
I'd been careful if I were you. Not because the person you spoke with is trying to deceive you, but rather they most likely don't know how Canadian Tire's system works. I'd highly advise sending two payments, one for $1.01 and one for $1.02 and take note of how much you paid into each. Then wait a few business days and either call them up or, if available, see what amount has been paid online. It is just as likely you'll see one or the other or both or none at all. That's just me being extra caution but at least you can be absolutely sure.
Mar 23, 2004
47720 posts
13889 upvotes
Markham
sokolov wrote: There is "Annapolis-Tax" and "Annapolis Tax". I had to pay to Annapolis County and asked them, which one was the right one. They advised me that it is "Annapolis Tax".
my guess is both are correct, best to make a $0.01 payment to both accounts to test.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Britex wrote:
I'd been careful if I were you. Not because the person you spoke with is trying to deceive you, but rather they most likely don't know how Canadian Tire's system works. I'd highly advise sending two payments, one for $1.01 and one for $1.02 and take note of how much you paid into each. Then wait a few business days and either call them up or, if available, see what amount has been paid online. It is just as likely you'll see one or the other or both or none at all. That's just me being extra caution but at least you can be absolutely sure.
angel_wing0 wrote:
my guess is both are correct, best to make a $0.01 payment to both accounts to test.
This, except you should pay 1¢ to one and 2¢ to the other. 🤓

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)