Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2024 12:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
coolintheshade wrote: It’s worth mentioning that only the World Elite and World cards earn 1% on bill payments, both cards which are not available to apply for.
So if one applies now for a Triangle card, they will receive the basic card, which earns only 0.5% on bill payments.
I thought World was only 0.5%.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
minimalist wrote: I thought World was only 0.5%.
If they decreased it along with the regular Triangle card, then you could be right, but when I had it, it was 1% for non CT store purchases.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9401 posts
5364 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: It’s worth mentioning that only the World Elite and World cards earn 1% on bill payments, both cards which are not available to apply for.
So if one applies now for a Triangle card, they will receive the basic card, which earns only 0.5% on bill payments.
Thanks for correcting me. I forgot that the WE card had been discontinued although it sounds like a few people have been able to sneak some applications through. Hopefully, another card will emerge that can offer the same 1% cashback either by CT or someone else. It is nice to be able to put such bills on a credit card and get some type of reward for it.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1467 posts
1285 upvotes
Ontario
choclover wrote: Hopefully, another card will emerge that can offer the same 1% cashback either by CT or someone else.
There's CTFS CA.

It offers a CB reward as opposed to CT money.

If you're a big spender, whether on bills or purchases (or a combination of both), you'll earn 1.5% CB once you've entered the $24K+ annual spend tier:
  • That matches the earn rate of Rogers WE
  • What's even better, is that you accrue it on bill payments in addition to purchases
Lower tier info:
  • Once you've entered the $3K+ tier, you'll earn a respectable 1% CB
  • The $1.5K+ tier rewards you with 0.5% CB, which matches the Triangle basic card's earn rate ... and it's even better because it's CB
  • The opening $0+ tier is 0.25% CB
Other info:

You'll earn double (2x) rewards at CT stores and Gas+ outlets. So, that's up to 3% CB depending upon your spend tier.

Tiers are based on annual cumulative spend. So, at your account anniversary date, you'll be reset back to the $0+ tier for new spend for the next year.

For CB redemption, it's paid once annually by default. You can call in to request it be paid at any time upon having a $25+ CB balance accrued (from anecdotal reports).
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻
Nov 23, 2010
687 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
Can you pay SAAQ car registration and driver’s license?
Do Not put All your Eggs in One Basket!
Overtaxed, Underpaid, Overpriced Proud Canadian!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
banker8 wrote: There's CTFS CA.

It offers a CB reward as opposed to CT money.

If you're a big spender, whether on bills or purchases (or a combination of both), you'll earn 1.5% CB once you've entered the $24K+ annual spend tier:
  • That matches the earn rate of Rogers WE
  • What's even better, is that you accrue it on bill payments in addition to purchases
Lower tier info:
  • Once you've entered the $3K+ tier, you'll earn a respectable 1% CB
  • The $1.5K+ tier rewards you with 0.5% CB, which matches the Triangle basic card's earn rate ... and it's even better because it's CB
  • The opening $0+ tier is 0.25% CB
Other info:

You'll earn double (2x) rewards at CT stores and Gas+ outlets. So, that's up to 3% CB depending upon your spend tier.

Tiers are based on annual cumulative spend. So, at your account anniversary date, you'll be reset back to the $0+ tier for new spend for the next year.

For CB redemption, it's paid once annually by default. You can call in to request it be paid at any time upon having a $25+ CB balance accrued (from anecdotal reports).
So you can use this for bill payments and earn cashback instead of CDN tire money?

Also, is annual cumulative spend you're talking about, does it mean that if I spend 25K/year, I will get 1.5% on the ENTIRE 25K, or is it just the regular tiered way where you et 0.5% on the first $x.xx-x.xx, and then 1% on the NEXT x.xx-x.xx and so on?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1467 posts
1285 upvotes
Ontario
ktkn wrote: So you can use this for bill payments and earn cashback instead of CDN tire money?
Yes.
ktkn wrote: is annual cumulative spend you're talking about ... just the regular tiered way
This.

As per my <post> above, for the opening $0+ tier the CB earn rate is 0.25%
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1846 posts
1291 upvotes
radiko wrote: Can you pay SAAQ car registration and driver’s license?
Unfortunately, no. I looked for those in their list and couldn't find them. Just ended up paying through my bank account online.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6053 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
sorry im late to things...i thought all CT MC use to earn 1% on bill payments...but it looks like its only 0.5% now...

how long hsa it been 0.5%? My card use to be an options MC which I guess was converted into based CT MC? I've put like $10,000 in property taxes on the card assuming I was earning 1%...
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13933 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
adeel wrote: sorry im late to things...i thought all CT MC use to earn 1% on bill payments...but it looks like its only 0.5% now...

how long hsa it been 0.5%? My card use to be an options MC which I guess was converted into based CT MC? I've put like $10,000 in property taxes on the card assuming I was earning 1%...
CT Options and Triangle regular cards were never 1% on bill payments.
They were 0.8% and lowered to 0.5% earlier this year if I recall.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
adeel wrote: sorry im late to things...i thought all CT MC use to earn 1% on bill payments...but it looks like its only 0.5% now...

I think only the world elite has 1%
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
ktkn wrote: I think only the world elite has 1%
I think that World card gives 1% as well.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3886 posts
1527 upvotes
Canada
world elite gives 1% on bill payments
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
The World Elite gives 1% Canadian Tire Money + Roadside Gold Membership. If you don't have roadside, it's a good card to have if for nothing more than just to get the Roadside. I think the TD Infinite Cashback and this one gives the better Roadside Options (better than HomeTrust for example).

If you spend a lot on bill payments, then perhaps the Advantage Cashback may be better. You can get marginally over 1% cashback if you spend enough. I calculated my bill payments to be about 50K/year and it would equate to a 1.1x% cashback return. Both options are pretty good considering I JUST found this bill payment option.. no idea it existed before... literally free money. Cashback > Canadian Tire Money, but the Roadside definitely has value since it's the Gold Canadian Tire Plan and I spend regardless at Sportchek as I have kids and they always need gear. Whichever option, I think it's all pretty good!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4546 posts
913 upvotes
Toronto
Just got the CTFS Card (WE is discontinued :()

Trying to pay Toronto Water Bill.

Added it as TOR UTL BILL.

Account number must be 20 characters long. Do not include any spaces or dashes that may be in your account number

I have a 9 digit AC number and an 11 digit Client number. Should I just put both in Account# followed by Client # or the other way around?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2135 posts
1441 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Just got the CTFS Card (WE is discontinued :()

Trying to pay Toronto Water Bill.

Added it as TOR UTL BILL.

Account number must be 20 characters long. Do not include any spaces or dashes that may be in your account number

I have a 9 digit AC number and an 11 digit Client number. Should I just put both in Account# followed by Client # or the other way around?
Oh wow.. it's officially discontinued? What is going to happen to all the current world elite cards? Are they going to be nerfed and/or eventually taken off the market? Any rumors?
Last edited by ktkn on Nov 11th, 2020 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
@ktkn the CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE is grandfathered. Existing cardholders get to keep their card at least until card renewal...then we shall see.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
porksoda wrote: Is there any precedence that the card will be discontinued?
Phone call I had with CTFS, the rep suggested that existing cardholders could be auto PS'd out upon card renewal. We shall see.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)