• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 9:28 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jul 28, 2010
648 posts
50 upvotes

paying w/ cash at gas station

yo its 2011 time to get with the times. get a cc, pop it in, fill up and go. i dont wanna deal with all pumps being taken cuz people are lined up inside paying for gas. you may say they are buying lottery tickets or snacks. lottery is for stupid people, and everything at gas stations is overpriced/unhealthy so lay off the snacks. ***** about gas yet you're paying $2.99 for a 250g chip bag, lol. anyway ill be the guy who is at the station about 5 minutes less than most, cuz i value my time and $
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
I didnt fully understood your post, but I hate it when people at Esso park their cars at the pump to go inside and lineup for Tim Hortons coffee. In some gas stations where there are very fewer pumps it makes it very annoying to wait till the guy comes out pulls up his car so that you can fill in.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
188 upvotes
laptopuser wrote:
May 18th, 2011 9:20 pm
yo its 2011 time to get with the times. get a cc, pop it in, fill up and go. i dont wanna deal with all pumps being taken cuz people are lined up inside paying for gas. you may say they are buying lottery tickets or snacks. lottery is for stupid people, and everything at gas stations is overpriced/unhealthy so lay off the snacks. ***** about gas yet you're paying $2.99 for a 250g chip bag, lol. anyway ill be the guy who is at the station about 5 minutes less than most, cuz i value my time and $

Well, if you value your time, you should just drive away since no pump is open when you get in. Why even wait for 5 minutes (for the one who does use the CC on the pump)?
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
I always put my gas on a credit card as I get cash back but there are times when I pay inside anyway since I want something that they carry and I am willing to pay extra for the convenience of only having to stop once. Why should I have to drive to a second location, find parking in a busy parking lot, go in and find the one item I want, line up to pay for the item, walk back to my car and then have to drive out of a busy parking lot just because someone else does not want to wait an extra 5 minutes?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
182 upvotes
Burnaby
I don't know where OP buys his/her gas, but maybe it's time for THEM to get with the times and find the right place to fill up. Any large, modern self-serve gas station typically has at least some of the pump islands specifically designated as Pay At The Pump only, and clearly marked as such with great big signs. From my experience, most people using PATP just get their gas and they're gone -- they don't usually abandon their car at the pump after fueling so they can go inside for additional purchases. Simply go to one of those PATP islands at one of those stations, and the problem is solved ... Yo! Yo! :-0

PS: Most of the site operators -- the people who run the gas stations as self-employed businesspeople -- rely on the sales of convenience foods and/or carwashes for the bulk of their incomes, which is one reason the oil companies continue to build ever-bigger and fancier sales buildings with often multiple co-brands under the same roof (Timmy's, A&W, etc.) The commission a site operator gets for selling gasoline barely covers the overhead.
Feb 27, 2009
128 posts
13 upvotes
Keswick
I assume that the op never thought about the fact some people can't pay at the pump?!!? Like my self, if I pay at the pump it stops at $100. My tank is 136 litres. So if I have to pay inside in order to fill my truck. If I didn't it would take longer because I have to do the process twice. Also if getting gas is so much of a pain because sometimes you have to wait, then maybe you shouldn't drive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6413 posts
332 upvotes
GT'eh
Wingding wrote:
May 19th, 2011 9:33 am
I don't know where OP buys his/her gas, but maybe it's time for THEM to get with the times and find the right place to fill up. Any large, modern self-serve gas station typically has at least some of the pump islands specifically designated as Pay At The Pump only, and clearly marked as such with great big signs. From my experience, most people using PATP just get their gas and they're gone -- they don't usually abandon their car at the pump after fueling so they can go inside for additional purchases. Simply go to one of those PATP islands at one of those stations, and the problem is solved ... Yo! Yo! :-0

PS: Most of the site operators -- the people who run the gas stations as self-employed businesspeople -- rely on the sales of convenience foods and/or carwashes for the bulk of their incomes, which is one reason the oil companies continue to build ever-bigger and fancier sales buildings with often multiple co-brands under the same roof (Timmy's, A&W, etc.) The commission a site operator gets for selling gasoline barely covers the overhead.

What he said!...preach on.
Ne0's Bio: ??? not 4 Sale
??? G@mer & t3<hy [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 90's
??? Member of IPTV +Spotify +CarWash groupbuys ???
??? Feedback: ??? eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1758 posts
258 upvotes
laptopuser wrote:

Yo its 2011 and still nobody really cares what you wanna deal with or don't wanna deal with.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1482 posts
617 upvotes
Rumble_b wrote:
May 19th, 2011 10:10 am
I assume that the op never thought about the fact some people can't pay at the pump?!!? Like my self, if I pay at the pump it stops at $100. My tank is 136 litres. So if I have to pay inside in order to fill my truck. If I didn't it would take longer because I have to do the process twice. Also if getting gas is so much of a pain because sometimes you have to wait, then maybe you shouldn't drive.

I agree it costs me $120 to fill my tank
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4100 upvotes
Ottawa
Rumble_b wrote:
May 19th, 2011 10:10 am

This. Not everyone drives a little 4cyl with a 45L tank. Instead of bitching at us, tell the gas stations to up the limit to $200 and I'll get out of your way. I tell them every time I go so right now you're preaching to the choir.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6756 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
laptopuser wrote:

Is this you??

http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/ind ... ever-seen/
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Aug 5, 2009
340 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Yo imma let you finish but some people actually go to the gas station to get more than gas