paying w/ cash at gas station

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 9:28 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1133 upvotes
Montreal
Ever since my CC sent me a new card with chip, the gas station doesn't let me pay the gaz by swipping at the pump anymore but required me to get in & punch the code.
mrperfect wrote:
May 18th, 2011 9:45 pm
I didnt fully understood your post, but I hate it when people at Esso park their cars at the pump to go inside and lineup for Tim Hortons coffee. In some gas stations where there are very fewer pumps it makes it very annoying to wait till the guy comes out pulls up his car so that you can fill in.

Were those people paying their gas inside too? I won't move my car from the pump when I go in paying. I don't want the mixed up / confusion if the next customer starts pumping before my transaction is done.
Jan 4, 2009
59 posts
2 upvotes
I used to pay at the pump until my card got comprimised. I only ever used it at the gas station. Now I will go inside and pay cash.
Dec 10, 2006
275 posts
33 upvotes
I pay inside with a company Fleet card. They aren't accepted at the pumps.

I think the OP will find there are a number of reasons why people go inside, and not just because people pay with cash.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
laptopuser wrote:
May 18th, 2011 9:20 pm
yo its 2011 time to get with the times. get a cc, pop it in, fill up and go. i dont wanna deal with all pumps being taken cuz people are lined up inside paying for gas. you may say they are buying lottery tickets or snacks. lottery is for stupid people, and everything at gas stations is overpriced/unhealthy so lay off the snacks. ***** about gas yet you're paying $2.99 for a 250g chip bag, lol. anyway ill be the guy who is at the station about 5 minutes less than most, cuz i value my time and $

Mr. Personality
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3730 posts
316 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I agree with OP whole-heartedly. People driving their mid-size sedan do not have 100L tanks, they're just dumb and paranoid.