Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 11, 2014
23 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Payment processors?

I was planning on running a small e-commerce site, and was wondering what you guys were using as payment processors. Any advice/stories to share?
6 replies
Dec 3, 2013
203 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We use Stripe and Paypal. Users these days seem to really want Paypal (30% of our transactions come through PayPal) and Stripe is a good way to accept credit cards without having to store/protect users' credit card information.
As the co-founder of a business dedicated to making it easy to buy and sell used iPhones, I have fairly extensive experience navigating Craigslist/Kijiji for used iPhones, and also troubleshooting said iPhones.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1801 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver
YogaAtHomeMTL wrote:
Aug 14th, 2014 4:31 pm
How are chargebacks through Stripe/Paypal?
I have experience as a customer doing a chargeback through PayPal. If the customer claims the item was "Significantly Not As Described", PayPal will take the customer's word for it. However, the customer has to send the item back at their expense.

The most important things are to make sure you only ship to a customer's confirmed address, and use trackable shipping. Full details are here: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/s ... ection-faq
Dec 3, 2013
203 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
YogaAtHomeMTL wrote:
Aug 14th, 2014 4:31 pm
How are chargebacks through Stripe/Paypal?
Another poster already gave some colour re: chargebacks with PayPal. Similar story with Stripe - if you ship to the billing address and retain shipping records, you shouldn't have many issues..
As the co-founder of a business dedicated to making it easy to buy and sell used iPhones, I have fairly extensive experience navigating Craigslist/Kijiji for used iPhones, and also troubleshooting said iPhones.