Personal Finance

Payment Protector (many charges even after calling to cancel)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2018 10:57 am
[OP]
Feb 18, 2015
158 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Payment Protector (many charges even after calling to cancel)

Hi!
I really don't know what to do in this case.
It has been almost a year that I've called CIBC in order to cancel this Payment Protector on my card and they said it was cancelled (I don't have the number of the call though).
Since then I've being through some bad stuff and to be honest my financial life is now pretty bad, I was just paying whatever I could on the statement and not even checking that much, but today I realized that they were still charging me for this payment protection plan (almost a year paying for something that I'm completely sure that I've cancelled).

What should I do? Is that a way for requesting my calls? to prove that I've actually cancelled this payment protection and that they are charging me for something that I've cancelled?

Yes, it took me almost a year to see that
Yes, I know it is also my mistake too, life was not easy in the past 12 months, I'm managing to come back after many bad things on top of bad things.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9767 posts
1216 upvotes
Toronto
Marcos1310 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 7:21 pm
Hi!
I really don't know what to do in this case.
It has been almost a year that I've called CIBC in order to cancel this Payment Protector on my card and they said it was cancelled (I don't have the number of the call though).
Since then I've being through some bad stuff and to be honest my financial life is now pretty bad, I was just paying whatever I could on the statement and not even checking that much, but today I realized that they were still charging me for this payment protection plan (almost a year paying for something that I'm completely sure that I've cancelled).

What should I do? Is that a way for requesting my calls? to prove that I've actually cancelled this payment protection and that they are charging me for something that I've cancelled?

Yes, it took me almost a year to see that
Yes, I know it is also my mistake too, life was not easy in the past 12 months, I'm managing to come back after many bad things on top of bad things.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read.
Thinking about your debt with them now, do you have any? That payment protector could help you