Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

5% Cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2015 11:00 am
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
1021 posts
20 upvotes
hi,

kind of Dumb question...but still want to know when and how do we know we get the 5% cash back afterwards??

Thanks,
HamsterGirl35
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
theresa4444 wrote: According to a rep at PayPal, this offer is only applicable on paypal payments to participating companies..this is the list she supplied me with:
Ebay deals, BestBuy, FutureShop, Hudson's Bay, Indigo, Beyond the Rack, Roots, Cineplexstore.com, ToysRus, Lowes, UA Hoodies, Body shop, BabiesRus

:(
My $200 shopping channel better work :( but what's scary is that is my 2nd purchase, with my first purchase being $5 from 123inkcartridges.ca
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
HamsterGirl35 wrote: hi,

kind of Dumb question...but still want to know when and how do we know we get the 5% cash back afterwards??

Thanks,
HamsterGirl35
from the OP: "The cash back will be transferred into your PayPal account approximately one month after the promotion period based upon your transaction dates, so long as your account is in good standing at the time of transfer. You will receive an email once the money has been put into your account."
Dec 6, 2008
72 posts
45 upvotes
Terrace
Troydabes wrote: No, you don't. What I did is call paypal to confirm if my following purchases will be eligible for cashback
Did they actually know about the cash back? i called twice and both reps were from the US and had no clue about this offer. was a complete waste of time. I think i'm going to have to call them like i did last year in January to complain before I see my money posted. The years before last was very smooth I think. Use to get emails after the 1st purchase to confirm all subsequent purchases will be eligible for the cash back. Somehow this process changed last year and made it very confusing for the consumer.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1021 posts
867 upvotes
jt05mi wrote: Hahahaha shipping department must have had fun with mine...they shipped my carpenters pencil in a box big enough for a TV marked "fragile" all over it. :razz: Made my week!
Yeah, pollution and waste sure is fun!
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1363 posts
336 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
Dear Paypal;

I hope you find it enjoyable responding to all the inquiries regarding clarification/confirmation/confusion of your 5% cashback promotion. In particular I feel that whoever thought that an initial qualifying purchase was a good idea should be summarily terminated.

Best regards,
unhappy shopper
Oct 5, 2011
226 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Be ware. I tried to buy something from Futureshop/Bestbuy, if the amount exceeds certain limit (maybe $400 or $500, mine is $600 including tax), the transaction won't go through. Then i called them and the rep said Paypal needs to "Review" these transactions and it will usually take 24-48 hours. Some reps said they can make adjustments to let these transactions go through, and asked me to logout and log back in after 1-2 hours, but it didn't work. I tried many times already. My purchase under $400 did work though.

Just my 2 cents.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9536 posts
3185 upvotes
Ctrl-Z wrote: Dear Paypal;

I hope you find it enjoyable responding to all the inquiries regarding clarification/confirmation/confusion of your 5% cashback promotion. In particular I feel that whoever thought that an initial qualifying purchase was a good idea should be summarily terminated.

Best regards,
unhappy shopper
They've been doing this, the same way, for years. They aren't out to give you a gift(they are losing money with a 5% rebate) they want to promote paypal use. Its some people on this thread who cant' or refuse to read the simple terms, or posting nonsense who are the problem , not paypal. Never seen so many ridiculous posts over 5%/max $20 anyway, not like that was going to influence anyone to make a purchase they weren't going to anyway (if it did, you are on the wrong site)
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
Ctrl-Z wrote: Dear Paypal;

Best regards,
unhappy shopper
They are giving you money. I think they can make you jump through any and as many hoops as they want if you want the 5% that badly. You aren't actually entitled to it, you realize that right?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2301 posts
1422 upvotes
Montreal
To all the confused posters:
mtl-D wrote: Just sign up, make a small first purchase somewhere, and continue shopping.

This confusion happens every time this promo comes around. You aren't going to get any definitive answers from Paypal or anyone else regarding if you're signed up or if your first purchase qualified or whatever else you want to know. You will only find out how it turned out once the cash-back is paid out so save yourselves some headache.
Feb 20, 2007
645 posts
139 upvotes
Will Humble Bundles qualify as a first purchase in this promotion? :?:

EDIT:
LOL, never mind. I forgot to read before posting... :facepalm:
mtl-D wrote: Just sign up, make a small first purchase somewhere, and continue shopping.

This confusion happens every time this promo comes around. You aren't going to get any definitive answers from Paypal or anyone else regarding if you're signed up or if your first purchase qualified or whatever else you want to know. You will only find out how it turned out once the cash-back is paid out so save yourselves some headache.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2787 upvotes
bought a nut on Lowes.ca

Thanks!
Jun 14, 2011
131 posts
18 upvotes
BRAMPTON

This should be quoted in the OP
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: from the OP: "The cash back will be transferred into your PayPal account approximately one month after the promotion period based upon your transaction dates, so long as your account is in good standing at the time of transfer. You will receive an email once the money has been put into your account."
First rule: RTFOP
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2756 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
Is anybody getting Paypal 3005 error message? It kept on asking me to clear my cache which I did but still no go. This seemed to happen when I changed "pay after delivery" to "pay now".
Dec 13, 2004
120 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one pack of Paper Yard Waste Bags $2.25 from lowes, and a microphone from Shop.ca.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
EDragon wrote: Bought one pack of Paper Yard Waste Bags $2.25 from lowes, and a microphone from Shop.ca.
Which microphone did you buy?
Nov 9, 2009
834 posts
142 upvotes
Wellington, ON
I have linked my credit card and signed up for the cash back. Does just making a purchase with the linked CC get me the cash back? I want to purchase a Asus T200 tomorrow.

Thanks for your insight.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
inhaliburton wrote: I have linked my credit card and signed up for the cash back. Does just making a purchase with the linked CC get me the cash back? I want to purchase a Asus T200 tomorrow.

Thanks for your insight.

Read OP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)