Paypal 5% Cashback Promotion?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2014 1:02 am
Oct 7, 2008
204 posts
34 upvotes
London, Ontario

Paypal 5% Cashback Promotion?

Has anyone here received their Paypal 5% cashback holiday promotion for purchases made during Black Friday weekend?

Paypal seems to be avoiding my emails about it.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
nope I haven't got it yet. the promo was from nov 26th to dec 3rd so mabey they will make us wait till jan 3rd 30 days from the ending date for our moneys
Sep 24, 2006
988 posts
201 upvotes
Collingwood
I emailed, they called me back saying I qualified for the promotion and not to worry it would be sent to me 4-6 weeks after the promotion end which is Jan 3rd-Jan 17th timeframe ... the wait sucks
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2194 posts
1106 upvotes
London
AzureD wrote: good luck...I still haven't received my 5% from last year's promo
I received that one, however, when I signed up for it... It told me I was good to go. This year, it kept telling me to sign up for it even though I signed up multiple times. Hopefully we get this soon.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
datako wrote: I received that one, however, when I signed up for it... It told me I was good to go. This year, it kept telling me to sign up for it even though I signed up multiple times. Hopefully we get this soon.
For me it said I signed up on the screen. Then after I refreshed the page, it asked me to sign up again... I signed up 3-4 times before making purchases. So far nothing.

Keep in mind the rules stated that the 5% starts with your second purchase during that time frame. So for those who only made 1 purchase, you guys are out of luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1722 posts
90 upvotes
Barrie
datako wrote: I received that one, however, when I signed up for it... It told me I was good to go. This year, it kept telling me to sign up for it even though I signed up multiple times. Hopefully we get this soon.
This happened to me too. When I called in regarding another purchase they said "don't worry your next purchase will still qualify for cash back". Ummmm I had made a donation directly after signing up (and seeing the successful sign up page) and made a bunch of purchases after. So I got the impression I'm not getting anything back :(

Edit: Got my cash back today :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Got my $90 cashback on Jan 10th :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Got mine too. Credited on the 10th.
Nov 23, 2013
316 posts
74 upvotes
Shawinigan
Got it as well on the 10th. Was not expecting that !