Shopping Discussion

PayPal SMS 2 factor authentication

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 8:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
5123 posts
1763 upvotes
Canuckland

PayPal SMS 2 factor authentication

Had anyone been able to get the SMS recently? I’m with virgin mobile and I’m not getting the SMS however phone calls work.

Anyone has this issue currently?
9 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1028 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
did you choose TN to be Canada or US? sometimes short code message won't work if mixing CA/US.

Otherwise IDK 'cuz mine works fine
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9317 posts
3991 upvotes
6ix
I recently enabled it after my paypal got hacked.
SMS works fine, i'm with Koodo Mobile as provider.
Koodo $40 8GB
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
5123 posts
1763 upvotes
Canuckland
dekvitaly wrote: did you choose TN to be Canada or US? sometimes short code message won't work if mixing CA/US.

Otherwise IDK 'cuz mine works fine
I chose Canada however still nothing then again I’m with Bhell/Virgin

I decided to use app based 2FA, to get around it.

Back when I signed up they did not support app based 2FA which I much prefer
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
3965 posts
1122 upvotes
GTA
I was going to suggest app based 2FA. I believe they only enabled it a few months ago.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30470 posts
16324 upvotes
Ottawa
Just tried logging in and I received the SMS right away on Koodo.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 31, 2006
1462 posts
80 upvotes
I had the same issue too.
I ended up just using the call me method for me.

When the option for using Google or Microsoft Authenticator comes out, I'll be using it instead!
Search GamerzPlace on google for your gaming needs
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
5123 posts
1763 upvotes
Canuckland
harryt wrote: I had the same issue too.
I ended up just using the call me method for me.

When the option for using Google or Microsoft Authenticator comes out, I'll be using it instead!
Unfortunately they disabled the calling feature for me .

It already supports 2FA Google Authenticator or Authy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 31, 2006
1462 posts
80 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Unfortunately they disabled the calling feature for me .

It already supports 2FA Google Authenticator or Authy
Thanks, I'll see if I can find the 2FA Google Auth option. :)
Search GamerzPlace on google for your gaming needs

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)