• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 12:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1115 posts
153 upvotes

Payroll Software

I'm considering doing payroll by myself instead of continuing to pay the accountant to do it. I currently have 2 employees, possibly going up to 3 before the end of the year. What software do you guys recommend? I'd be ok with something simple.
9 replies
Jun 24, 2015
590 posts
56 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I just use Microsoft Excel to keep track
Aug 10, 2017
27 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Use the payroll deductions calculator on CRA's website - it is very easy.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2324 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond
Payment Evolution. Free for up to 5 employees, supports payroll tax remittance to the CRA and inexpensive payment by direct deposit to employees. Provides online management for the employer, online access to pay slips for employees. Also handles generation of T4s at year end.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1115 posts
153 upvotes
I want to have the ability to do direct deposit and print T4's. I've already been suggested QuickBooks Payroll, just looking to see if there are any better alternatives.
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Ceredian would be useful- I use it all the time (i am an accountant)
Jul 2, 2006
962 posts
5 upvotes
You might be interested in checking out WagePoint - I've heard good things about them.
Build better customer relationships and grow your business with Orchestra: http://orchestrahq.com
Nov 29, 2009
57 posts
vancouver BC
I currently use Payworks. Super easy to navigate, takes minimal time to getting used to it.

Their customer service was really good with helping me navigate our first payroll run. You can get a better pricing for payroll if you're a member of CFIB.

Even if I wasn't part of CFIB, I would recommend payworks.