paystub generator - small business

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2017 11:55 am
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
132 posts
17 upvotes

paystub generator - small business

Hi, Anybody know good paystub generator, own a small buisness and looking to start a payroll first time.
looked in google but nothing found for Canada so far..
Thx..
40 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3775 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Quickbooks is good only if you are willing to pay the monthly fee.

If you don't mind some manual entry, I have used cra's payroll calculator, copy and paste the results onto an ms word document. There are some things missing on the cra payroll calculator that you need to manually enter, such as ytd figures.

I'm actually curious myself for a better way to easily generate pay stubs. The manual entry is killing me!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4057 posts
531 upvotes
I guess letting your accountant do it for you is out of the question?
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
132 posts
17 upvotes
flafson wrote:
May 9th, 2012 9:13 am
I guess letting your accountant do it for you is out of the question?

hiring an accountant is not what a true rfd'er does I guess, atleast I am not thinking at this point on this path..
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
132 posts
17 upvotes
NEMESIS_2008 wrote:
May 9th, 2012 4:05 am
Quickbooks is good only if you are willing to pay the monthly fee.

If you don't mind some manual entry, I have used cra's payroll calculator, copy and paste the results onto an ms word document. There are some things missing on the cra payroll calculator that you need to manually enter, such as ytd figures.

I'm actually curious myself for a better way to easily generate pay stubs. The manual entry is killing me!

thanks, that looks reasonable approach, probably I am thinking now a template in excel and then update numbers on every payroll, later use pdfprinter to email emplyee updated copy perodically along with salary cheque.
gta_guy wrote:
May 9th, 2012 3:51 am
Try quickbooks pro

thanks looked at pricing but costly to afford for me..
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4057 posts
531 upvotes
sat981 wrote:
May 9th, 2012 12:17 pm
hiring an accountant is not what a true rfd'er does I guess, atleast I am not thinking at this point on this path..

A true RFDer would do the thing that makes most sense money wise. Pretty sure a good accountant fits the bill.
But what you're doing is ok too if that is what you want.
Mar 25, 2012
35 posts
3 upvotes
Ajax
sat981 wrote:
May 8th, 2012 11:16 pm
Hi, Anybody know good paystub generator, own a small buisness and looking to start a payroll first time.
looked in google but nothing found for Canada so far..
Thx..

You can try the new wave accounting. Software is free but payroll $2 / pay period. I have not tested the payroll feature but I did test the software. It seems like a good one.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3775 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
ANR123 wrote:
May 9th, 2012 4:42 pm
You can try the new wave accounting. Software is free but payroll $2 / pay period. I have not tested the payroll feature but I did test the software. It seems like a good one.

I used wave for my bookkeeping needs and got charged $15 for every pay peroid???

That was why I stopped using wave payroll. Everytime I clicked on "Run payroll" it charged my credit card $15 which equates to $30 a month and honestly their pay stubs look pretty cheesy
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1828 posts
2 upvotes
What are you currently using for payroll and what is the cost?

Thanks,
Ehab

NEMESIS_2008 wrote:
May 10th, 2012 5:27 am
I used wave for my bookkeeping needs and got charged $15 for every pay peroid???

That was why I stopped using wave payroll. Everytime I clicked on "Run payroll" it charged my credit card $15 which equates to $30 a month and honestly their pay stubs look pretty cheesy
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1828 posts
2 upvotes
ANR123 wrote:
May 9th, 2012 4:42 pm
It is $3 for 1-9 employees.

$2 for 20+ employees.
Dec 7, 2005
237 posts
33 upvotes
Pickering
george benjamin wrote:
May 11th, 2012 10:29 am
It is $3 for 1-9 employees.

$2 for 20+ employees.

Yeah. Per employee. I get it done through Ceridian with paystubs and T4s for about the same.