Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PayTm

10% Cash back (max. $20) on bill payment to 2nd payee

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 3:56 pm
Jan 28, 2015
87 posts
350 upvotes

10% Cash back (max. $20) on bill payment to 2nd payee

Deal Link:
Retailer:
PayTm
Apologies if this is a repost, I couldn't find it in the search.

I had signed up for PayTm for all the cash back offers in January and then stopped using it. I saw this post today:

If you’re paying just one bill with Paytm, let’s take our relationship to the next level.

Receive 10% cashback when you make a bill payment to any different company (max $20). Enter promo code: 2ndBill.

Hurry, offer ends on March 9, 2018.

I have no way of testing if it still works if you have paid more than one payee before, but pay a new biller you haven't paid with the app before (I only paid one).

See previous thread for all the pros/cons/details about the app itself - Lots of mixed opinions.

There's also a blog post in the same section of the website about some kind of new points system they're introducing on March 17 that will be retroactive to all transactions you've ever done with them (and would presumably include any payments made under this offer). Hard to say if it will be worthwhile at this point in time, but for the moment I'm happy to score another free $20.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1771 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
I pay several vendors already and this promo code was invalid for me
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, this is another incident where LOYALTY DOES NOT PAY :(
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It worked for me. I added my second biller and got 10% cash back. I think it only applies to second biller.
-
Sep 22, 2012
890 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
Doesn't seem to work for paying credit card bills.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2244 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'd gotten the e-mail and tried the code and it successfully applied, but when I click next, it said the code has expired or was invalid. So I e-mailed support, and they said I just make a payment, and they'll credit me back $20.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2617 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
tubo111 wrote: Doesn't seem to work for paying credit card bills.
Anybody get it to work with credit card? Maybe that's the issue I have.

FS: Nothing
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
snlev367 wrote: Apologies if this is a repost, I couldn't find it in the search.
Thanks OP, but yours is the third repost on this very topic.
According to the RFD rules, referral deals do not belong in the Hot Deals section, so mods will move this to the "Personal Finance" thread in the Discussions section of RFD, where the previous threads have already been moved.
Mods, please merge.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1684 posts
291 upvotes
This is not a referral deal I don’t think. You get 10% paytm cash when you pay a second different merchant using their app, I believe.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
ahoroba wrote: Thanks OP, but yours is the third repost on this very topic.
According to the RFD rules, referral deals do not belong in the Hot Deals section, so mods will move this to the "Personal Finance" thread in the Discussions section of RFD, where the previous threads have already been moved.
Mods, please merge.
But this is not a referral deal.
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
2nd bill payment as in my payTM account history or 2nd bill of the month ??
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
jigz787 wrote: 2nd bill payment as in my payTM account history or 2nd bill of the month ??
Its very confusing and there is no clear details on their website.
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
2nd biller refers to a payment to a 2nd new biller/company ever. So if you were paying only one biller using Paytm so far, we’re offering this promotion for you to start paying a 2nd biller using Paytm.

From their reply..
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
I'm already paying 6 different billers. If I add 7th biller, will I get this promo?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
May 5, 2012
362 posts
148 upvotes
CALGARY
Never got the email.. will I know when I go to pay that it's going to work?

Also where do you even enter the code??

Was it always $10 for the person you refer and $20 for yourself? Why don't they do it $15/$15... More fair >.<
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote: I'm already paying 6 different billers. If I add 7th biller, will I get this promo?
Best thing to do is stop paying bills with them then you'll receive offers. Works for Groupon.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
starbelow wrote: Never got the email.. will I know when I go to pay that it's going to work?

Also where do you even enter the code??

Was it always $10 for the person you refer and $20 for yourself? Why don't they do it $15/$15... More fair >.<
You enter code on the checkout page where you choose payment option.

It was $10 each for both. They want more people to join patym ,so thats why they are pushing by extra referral money.
xpressmerchant wrote: Best thing to do is stop paying bills with them then you'll receive offers. Works for Groupon.
I have 4-5 billers already there. When i contacted them through email, they are keep telling me to use the same code agaun and see if it works or not. So, idk how exactly or when it will start working.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
reggyDeal wrote: this is only worth $2 :(
Why like that ???

You can pay your property tax and get 10% off upto $20. Plus your credit card cashback.

So its like $20+credit card cashback.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)