Expired Hot Deals

[Paytm] 2% cashback + promo codes on various billers + student/alumni signup discount

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 11:23 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2688 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Capital One Aspire Travel World Elite Mastercard treats it as a regular purchase.

Perhaps OP can add all of these Mastercards to the initial posting so people can see which cards work and which treat it as a cash advance.
Jul 21, 2005
149 posts
103 upvotes
So once you put something on your Mastercard using this service, and assuming it all went smoothly -- you'll have 2% from your card, and an additional 2% from paytm.

At this point, can I pay my Mastercard through paytm using debit / bank account, and receive an additional 2% for paying the Mastercard bill?
Jul 1, 2008
257 posts
51 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Can I use Costco CapitalOne Platinum Mastercard ?
Other cards which I have are American Express, TD Cash Back VISA, CIBC Dividend VISA Platinum, read somewhere that AE and visa cannot be used with paytm
Can I combine that with Koodo bill paid by Paytm using CapitalOne Mastercard and refer bonus?
Jul 22, 2010
822 posts
146 upvotes
toronto
desaib wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 4:06 pm
Other cards which I have are American Express, TD Cash Back VISA, CIBC Dividend VISA Platinum, read somewhere that AE and visa cannot be used with paytm
Can I combine that with Koodo bill paid by Paytm using CapitalOne Mastercard and refer bonus?
So long as it's a mastercard there is no fee so yes koodo + cap1 mastercard and refer bonus would work. you would get 2 x $10.

Visa/Amex are charged a fee in fact visa counts as cash advance.
Jan 23, 2002
248 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
Soler wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 12:06 pm
Oh no. I just paid my Markham property tax installment this morning with my Walmart MC. I even confirmed with PayTM that it wouldn't be charged as a cash advance too. It hasn't posted so will update once it does.
Didn't want to sweat it out any longer so called Walmart Rewards Mastercard who confirmed my payment this morning went through as a purchase and not as cash advance.
Koodo $40 6GB
PM $40 4.5GB
May 14, 2015
156 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone here used RBC cashback mastercard? Was there a cash advance charge? I only have that and a MBNA smartcash mastercard.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5686 posts
1357 upvotes
GTA
once again from what i have been reading people who have been seeing cash advance for credit card payments has been for Property Taxes only so far (Unless i have missed someone who said they made a small bill payment and it went as a cash advance).
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1138 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
Keep getting "Uh Oh! There was a problem" every time I try to add my credit card. I've made sure all the info is correct. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1107 posts
299 upvotes
To be safe maybe it's better to pay the MasterCard with the same amount as the bill payment plus a few extra dollars in case it goes through as a cash advance in order to reduce the possible damage.

This assume you have no other charges on the MasterCard at the time.
Dec 25, 2007
31 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Alrite... Giving this app a try. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16353 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 4:01 pm
Capital One Aspire Travel World Elite Mastercard treats it as a regular purchase.

Perhaps OP can add all of these Mastercards to the initial posting so people can see which cards work and which treat it as a cash advance.
Here’s the thing, when it’s processed, the processing is done at Mastercards end, individual cards shouldn’t treat different transactions in different ways
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16353 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
bossfn wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 4:03 pm
So once you put something on your Mastercard using this service, and assuming it all went smoothly -- you'll have 2% from your card, and an additional 2% from paytm.

At this point, can I pay my Mastercard through paytm using debit / bank account, and receive an additional 2% for paying the Mastercard bill?
Yes
Feb 21, 2014
422 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
How would a cash advance even show up. Don't you have to go to an ATM for one to show up?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16353 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
desaib wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 4:06 pm
Yes you can use that, you can also use Amex at a 2% convnenience fee.

Yes you can combine with other promos they have going such as the Koodo one
Nov 25, 2007
254 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I also paid my Markham property tax via Paytm on Jan 19 (using PCF mastercard). The transaction was not shown on my property tax account until today. I then logged onto my PCF account, and couldn't see the transaction. So I called the customer service, and the rep was able to see that transaction (PAYTM-MARKH). He confirmed that the transaction type was "Purchase", so no cash advance fees/interest was charged. Phew... what a relief!

With all these dramas, I think I'm going to stop using Paytm for now until everything is cleared (just to be safe).