Expired Hot Deals

[Paytm] 2% cashback + promo codes on various billers + student/alumni signup discount

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 11:23 pm
Dec 27, 2002
429 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Are MC transactions considered as advanced cash or regular purchases with Paytm?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16485 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
SneakyPete wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 4:47 pm
Are MC transactions considered as advanced cash or regular purchases with Paytm?
Regular purchase, although some reported it as a cash advance which doesn’t make sense why there’s differences
Mar 13, 2012
871 posts
431 upvotes
Near You
SneakyPete wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 4:47 pm
deal_with_singh wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 4:56 pm
Regular purchase, although some reported it as a cash advance which doesn’t make sense why there’s differences
I suspect it differs according to the issuer of the Mastercard.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1392 posts
317 upvotes
The cash advance tends to happen with property tax payments from what I've noticed. All the payments I've made (haven't tried taxes) have shown up as purchases.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16485 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
mistytalon wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 5:10 pm
I suspect it differs according to the issuer of the Mastercard.
Even if thats true, I've been using MBNA for over a year, although most people posting cash advance related charges are saying they used MBNA.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10171 posts
1115 upvotes
Brampton
Signed up last night. Got my $20 uni email promo at 1:24PM today. Just paid my tangerine MC $1000 to get $20 cash back. It says the $20 will come on Feb 1. How long for the $10 referral to show up?

Also it says by law it has to wait 3 days before it can take money from my bank account. But after paying it says that the payer will receive their payment on Feb 5. Thats way more than 3 days.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Mar 13, 2012
871 posts
431 upvotes
Near You
squall458 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 5:27 pm
Signed up last night. Got my $20 uni email promo at 1:24PM today. Just paid my tangerine MC $1000 to get $20 cash back. It says the $20 will come on Feb 1. How long for the $10 referral to show up?

Also it says by law it has to wait 3 days before it can take money from my bank account. But after paying it says that the payer will receive their payment on Feb 5. Thats way more than 3 days.
I'm sure there's a large gap between when they receive the money and when they pay out the money to the destination accounts. I submitted a payment and the day PayTM showed was two weeks out, but the money was debited from my account within two days.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
370 upvotes
Brampton
Anybody been able to get a definitive answer on the missing / disappearing transactions in their MasterCard account ?
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1717 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga
payment to my Cap One mastercard took 10 days to appear after it was taken out of my bank. Took a while but got there.
May 28, 2012
10275 posts
2429 upvotes
Saskatoon
Mod Reminder: Do not ask for referrals or state that you have one to give. Comments like: You have a PM is also not allowed.
Jun 21, 2012
68 posts
49 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 6:50 pm
Anybody been able to get a definitive answer on the missing / disappearing transactions in their MasterCard account ?
I can talk only for me, but I use Mastercard President choice to pay my taxes
I paid taxes Jan 19 with PAYTM
Entry was made on my Credit Card Jan 19 as PENDING
Jan 22 Entry Disappear from my Online Credit (no more Pending and not a transaction)
Jan 22 Transaction was Marked PAID in PAYTM apps
Jan 24 I call the city and they confirm that they have received the payment
Jan 26 I call representative of Mastercard PC they explain me that this situation is normal and the transaction will appears between 3 and 7 days after completed
Jan 26 7 days after I have make this payment, I finally saw the transaction like regular purchase on my online account with date Jan 19.

I am from Quebec, Boucherville, I use Mastercard President Choice, and a payment for property taxes was accepted as a regular purchase transaction and not like a cash advance.

Everything is perfect for me
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5102 posts
1782 upvotes
squiddly68 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 7:28 pm
I can talk only for me, but I use Mastercard President choice to pay my taxes
I paid taxes Jan 19 with PAYTM
Entry was made on my Credit Card Jan 19 as PENDING
Jan 22 Entry Disappear from my Online Credit (no more Pending and not a transaction)
Jan 22 Transaction was Marked PAID in PAYTM apps
Jan 24 I call the city and they confirm that they have received the payment
Jan 26 I call representative of Mastercard PC they explain me that this situation is normal and the transaction will appears between 3 and 7 days after completed
Jan 26 7 days after I have make this payment, I finally saw the transaction like regular purchase on my online account with date Jan 19.

I am from Quebec, Boucherville, I use Mastercard President Choice, and a payment for property taxes was accepted as a regular purchase transaction and not like a cash advance.

Everything is perfect for me
Thanks for posting this timeline. I have had something very similar happen to me except when making a property tax payment with my mbna mc but I haven't called mastercard about it yet and it currently has disappeared from my mastercard even though it previously showed up as "TEMP". Not sure if this is because it is for $1000 because other payments to paytm have not done this but just gives me some hope.
Sep 16, 2016
284 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
pauliaK wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 9:54 am
This is exactly what I did yesterday, I paid $51 even though my bill is only $15.75. You can carry a credit for a few months not a big deal. Two $10 bonuses posted today, one for referral and second for using FIDO code. Will use this credit to pay my enmax :).
Faint! I forgot to input the promocode for $10 and I also found there was no cancle button to do it again. Should I just pay another 51$ and use the promocode? Or call them to get the code applied manually?
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16485 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
Hattie917 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 8:48 pm
Faint! I forgot to input the promocode for $10 and I also found there was no cancle button to do it again. Should I just pay another 51$ and use the promocode? Or call them to get the code applied manually?
Doesn't have to be $51, just pay another $50.
Sep 16, 2016
284 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
WhatADeal! wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 6:44 pm
Get 2% cashback on your bill payments!

Will I receive 2% Cashback on all my bill payments?
Beginning January 10, 2018 until January 31, 2018 all customers will receive 2% Cashback when they make a bill payment to any biller, any amount and use any payment method.
The maximum Cashback per customer for the month of January will be $20.

Do I need to enter a promo code to receive the 2% Cashback?
No, you don’t need a promo code. Just continue to pay your bills using the Paytm app, and we’ll take care of the rest.

How and when will I receive the Cashback amount?
The Cashback amount will automatically appear in your Paytm Cash. You will receive it on February 1, 2018 upon successfully completed transactions.
Check your email for regular updates on the Cashback amount(s) that you have earned with every bill payment.

What are the restrictions, for bill payments, to earn the Cashback?
To earn the Cashback, there aren’t any restrictions. Just make a bill payment to any biller, any amount and use any payment method.
We have over 5000 billers on the Paytm app! Find yours today: Fido, Rogers, Telus, Wind, Bell Canada, BC Hydro, and Toronto Hydro to name a few.

Why is this a HOT deal? (thanks @deal_with_singh)
1) PayTM lets you pay most bills like Utilities or Property taxes with a MasterCard without any fee (used to be all CCs, but they recently made it MasterCard only for the fee free option);
2) with the above you get credit card rewards you wouldn’t have otherwise;
3) on top of that you get 2% cashback through PayTM which you can use towards bill payments as well, it’s not just “rewards”;
4) If you don't have a Paytm, ask someone for a referral code to get an additional $10 from Paytm when you successfully completes payments adding up to $50+.

Are there any bonus promo codes? (thanks @deal_with_singh)
On top of the 2% cash back, $10 referral credit, you get the following bonuses using the following promo codes:
$10 on a Fido payment: FIDO
$10 on a Koodo payment: KOODO
$10 on a Rogers payment: ROGERS
$10 on a Bell payment: BELL
$10 on a Telus payment: TELUS
$10 on an Enbridge payment: ENBRIDGE
$10 on Toronto Hydro Payment: HYDRO
Must be a min $50 payment. And YES you can use all of them ONCE EACH.

Added by Mod - Do not post or request referral codes on this site
I forgot to input the promocode and tried the second payment and the code only applied to the 1st bill payment with that service provider. Do remember to get the promocode input before you submit the payment. Is there anyway to cancle the payment?
If we can dream it, we can make it!