Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Paytm

2% cashback + promo codes on various billers + student/alumni signup discount

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2019 11:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mikka2017 wrote: oh damn , so all the codes are xpired? i just checke my mbna mastercard online statement and i do NOT see any cash advance fees? so that means im clear? im confused cuz i phoned in the other day and a MC rep said it was cashadvance? it was still TEMP charge but now today its posted and i dont' see any other charges indicating its a cash advance....
PayTM did announce that they've resolved the problem with MBNA MasterCard.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
cmchiu wrote: mbna won't refund anything; they suck! It's Paytm who told me they'd refund my cash advance fee, not sure if they'll follow through.
I just sent paytm an email. hope they will reimburse. Was it just only your property tax, or other bills were charged cash advance as well?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
WhatADeal! wrote: PayTM did announce that they've resolved the problem with MBNA MasterCard.
Not with my property tax, payed via paytm on Jan 29. The cash advance showed up on Feb 1.
Jul 6, 2004
411 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough
WhatADeal! wrote: The Hydro promo was only announced on January 24th, so you're trying to cheat and blame the company for not letting you? You're also supposed to pay off the cash advance first as Paytm won't reimburse you for the interest charges.
Relax...almost sounds like you work for paytm. If you actual read my post, I was asking when the promo started. Just trying to confirm if what they were saying was true since they obviously don't have much credibility based on my experience with the cash advance fee (contrary to what they state on their website) and not refunding it.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
d-c wrote: So I've been waiting for them to refund the cash advance fee but they've just been giving excuses like it's with their tech team, most recently just ignoring my request for an update. They also wouldn't apply the $10 credit for a Toronto Hydro payment saying the promo started after I made the bill payment on Jan 17 (is that even true?!).

Anyway, pretty terrible experience so far. Cash advances also don't qualify for the credit card cashback too so this has been a huge waste of time and I haven't yet seen what the damage is going to be for the interest charge. No wonder there are so many complaints about this company in India.
Source?
Mar 7, 2011
267 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
mbmbkop wrote: Same situation (paid on the 24th, and my CC does not reflect this payment yet)... however, if I go to my paid bills (Paytm app), it says that this transaction will post on Feb. 2 (which is actually the due date for my payment).
In my experience it may take 9 full days (I.e., 7 business days) for this kind of payments to post. Not too happy, but at least they warned about that...
Out of all the payments that I made back on Jan 28th, so far only my phone bill payment has shown up on my fido account. Still waiting for the mastercard payments to show up.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1912 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
has anyone had their freedom mobile payment go through?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jdu0ng wrote: has anyone had their freedom mobile payment go through?
Yup, I can confirm from my Freedom account that the payment has been received.
Feb 6, 2011
93 posts
28 upvotes
mbmbkop wrote: Same situation (paid on the 24th, and my CC does not reflect this payment yet)... however, if I go to my paid bills (Paytm app), it says that this transaction will post on Feb. 2 (which is actually the due date for my payment).
In my experience it may take 9 full days (I.e., 7 business days) for this kind of payments to post. Not too happy, but at least they warned about that...
Payment made from paytm on Jan 23, still cant see it from CC's online account... My CC payment will be due on Feb 5th...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
akoei wrote: Payment made from paytm on Jan 23, still cant see it from CC's online account... My CC payment will be due on Feb 5th...
The first time paying via bank account takes longer than usual.
Aug 19, 2009
592 posts
484 upvotes
nav888 wrote: Referral bonus have to wait till your first bill to change from "accepted" to "Paid"!
WhatADeal! wrote: The referral should show Paytm Cash for Referral Received. The code promo should show Cashback Received. I believe you only get the referral bonus after your $50 bill goes to PAID status.
Thanks. It changed to PAID and i got my $10+$10+2% in the Cash section. I checked my CC it still says "pending" and my Fido account doesn't show they received the payment yet though.

bobcat99 wrote: Source?
I saw some people mention "ruined reputation in India" in app review section. Not sure the details though.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|

Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I got a missed call from that weird number again tonight.
Dec 17, 2012
135 posts
22 upvotes
Vaughan
What is the daily, weekly, and monthly limit of using paytm to pay bills?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2143 upvotes
Etobicoke
akoei wrote: Payment made from paytm on Jan 23, still cant see it from CC's online account... My CC payment will be due on Feb 5th...
It will take time to post on your credit card but it will be before 5th feb. So you should not worry.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5020 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote: The first time paying via bank account takes longer than usual.
same thing here. I still don't see it on my CC account yet. Don't know why it takes so long.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Just paid using my Rogers MC two bills and I didn't see cash advance charges. :)

I hope the 2% cash back is still ongoing as I need to pay property tax by the 26th.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1677 posts
726 upvotes
Incentives for paying bills would be nice!
Nov 6, 2017
152 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you for telling me. Paytm gave $10 credit to me.
Dec 25, 2007
31 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Did anyone have issues paying Freedom Mobile via Paytm? I used the promo offered for Freedom and payment has yet to be posted on Freedom side (It has been two weeks). Made all the calls and now waiting to see who blames who or if the money just disappears Disappointed But Relieved Face

On plus side, no issues with other payments made via Paytm as the companies received payments.