Expired Hot Deals

[PayTM] Free $10 Giftcard For Signing Up (Amazon, UBER, Starbucks, etc). | NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1860 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
MCJD83 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:52 pm
Only showing $5 Amazon cards sold out....picked the $10 and had the code instantly
Same here... now... Looks like they got new supply in!
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Jan 27, 2011
184 posts
34 upvotes
Ben07 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:44 pm
For those redeeming for the Esso GC, how do you use it?

Thanks
I'm wondering the same thing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1407 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
Ben07 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:44 pm
For those redeeming for the Esso GC, how do you use it?

Thanks
hotsauce007 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:30 pm
I'm wondering the same thing.
Hi guys,

I believe I found the solution. I found a website that sells digital Esso gift codes which should be the same as the ones PayTM gave. And on the site I found it said this.

Gift Cards are compatible with the Esso Speedpass+™ App, allowing you to reload your account and pay at the pump with ease!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1860 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:38 pm
$10 is back but showing OOS for me...
$5 and $10 gone now. Again. :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1860 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:41 pm
$5 and $10 gone now. Again. :-)
EDIT:

But scored Starbucks card instead! :-)
hotsauce007 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 11:55 pm
How do you use the Starbucks card?
Just added it as a new card in my Starbucks app. Then joined the cards.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1407 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
My friend managed to get 2 x $10 Amazon cards. Boy do they go OOS fast.
Jan 31, 2018
461 posts
351 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:59 pm
Very few people go through the trouble of using a data-only plan to run a VOIP app on their phone as their PRIMARY line
I did say up front that the majority of people use conventional phone lines. Which diminishes the importance of VOIP not one bit. No one familiar with the VOIP market denies that millions of people use VOIP on an ongoing basis. And that usage is in many cases their primary service. Accurate numbers are hard to come by and VOIP usage is commonly under reported. A Google search shows that current estimates of individual VOIP users range from various sources is reported as between 100 Million and 1+ Billion users.

The vendor here is just denying access to all VOIP users because that is a simple, sledgehammer approach to routing out a small percentage of abusers. So they just concentrate on the majority of people traditional telcom service.

You say that "very few" people set up a data-only plan to run VOIP. But we only have to look on this site to see that just one such data only plan thread on RFD has a score of +236 and runs 447 pages. And a lot of people in that thread state that they are using it for VOIP as well as data per se.

It seems that a lot more people use VOIP than you imagine. You can dismiss it as "very few people" but a minority in the hundred(s) of millions is still a lot of users. And no small number of people arbitrarily excluded from the offer here.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13741 posts
6149 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ElroyJetson wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 4:56 am
The vendor here is just denying access to all VOIP users because that is a simple, sledgehammer approach to routing out a small percentage of abusers. So they just concentrate on the majority of people traditional telcom service.
PayTM also excludes conventional landlines (POTS) because they can't receive texts. More reputable organizations have a silicon Sally to give people on landlines the verification code verbally.

I suspect there are far more people being excluded because they're on landlines than because they're on VoIP.

That said, perhaps PayTM's exclusion makes some sense since you can't use their app on a landline. But you could use it on a tablet or smartphone that's only on WiFi, etc. Most homes, stores, shopping centers, etc. do have WiFi.
You say that "very few" people set up a data-only plan to run VOIP. But we only have to look on this site to see that just one such data only plan thread on RFD has a score of +236 and runs 447 pages. And a lot of people in that thread state that they are using it for VOIP as well as data per se.
Those of us on this type of plan necessarily have a cell number associated with our SIMs. In the case of Fido that number can receive texts for free and works fine with PayTM's offer. [I have $10 to prove it ;) ] The problem some of these folks face is that they've requested Fido to block calling and texting on their line, thus precluding their participation in PayTM's offer. That's not a failing in the data plan. They painted themselves into that corner.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Aug 1, 2009
148 posts
74 upvotes
Ontario
thanks! whole process added a $10 itunes gift card in under 5 mins! already deleted the app and unsubscribed!
Sep 15, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
I don’t quite understand the rewards layout. For example, under the Amazon best value option, it says $480 for 1500 points with $500 scratched out. I’m looking at that as if we can redeem 1500 points for a $480 gift card which I doubt is correct. When I go to redeem that option, it allows me to proceed to checkout too. Can someone clarify plz? Thanks.
Apr 6, 2017
379 posts
170 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Kyle12345 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:39 am
I don’t quite understand the rewards layout. For example, under the Amazon best value option, it says $480 for 1500 points with $500 scratched out. I’m looking at that as if we can redeem 1500 points for a $480 gift card which I doubt is correct. When I go to redeem that option, it allows me to proceed to checkout too. Can someone clarify plz? Thanks.
For 1500 points combined with 480$ from your pocket. You get a 500$ gift card
Sep 12, 2012
480 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Kyle12345 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 7:39 am
What they are saying is for 1500 points + $480 cash, you get a $500 Amazon gift card. 1500 points are usually good for $15 gift cards so with this offer you are getting $20 for 1500 points (plus you have to pay $480 out of pocket).

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Matafaka, chriscabob