Credit Cards

Paytm: Pay House Bills with any MC, no referrals in thread, no pay CC with CC - Officially USELESS?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 11:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
BombersJets wrote: I don't like this at all. people that haven't set up and paid bills are getting rewards and people that have paid all their bills with paytm are getting nothing. Kinda reminds me of mobility companies. I might trash PayTm as it seems you don't get much for using it once you've paid all your bills once.
Uhhhhh...thats how business always run. You are already a customer, not as much of a incentive for PayTM compared to gaining a new customer for the mere cost of whatever the promo is.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Indulge Your Cravings

By Naqiyah Rampuri March 5, 2018

This week you don’t have to stress out about that one dreaded question that lingers in your mind all day, ‘What should I eat?’ Paytm’s got the answer for you! We’re declaring March 5 – 9 as Springlicious on the Paytm app.

You’ll be able to receive a minimum of 12% Cashback on select foodie gift cards such as: Foodora, O&B and Just Eat. Think of it as a drink, an appetizer or a meal on us. We’re going to offer a Springlicious deal per day, so don’t miss out and check out the app to view the featured foodie deal for the day (while quantities last).

Take it easy this week and enjoy the convenience and rewards of using Paytm.

Source: https://www.paytm.ca/blog/indulge-your-cravings/
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Anyone else still stuck with the $1500 daily limit?
I'm an early adopter and thought they would have increased it by now.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: Anyone else still stuck with the $1500 daily limit?
I'm an early adopter and thought they would have increased it by now.
They won't. I asked and pointed out their own help document which has a list of requirements, as well how another user got an increase if they were willing to accept a credit check. I met all the requirements, asked them to proceed with the credit check, and they basically stopped responding and deleted my help ticket. That seems to be their MO when they don't want to do something, regardless of what their "help" documents say.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Britex wrote: They won't. I asked and pointed out their own help document which has a list of requirements, as well how another user got an increase if they were willing to accept a credit check. I met all the requirements, asked them to proceed with the credit check, and they basically stopped responding and deleted my help ticket. That seems to be their MO when they don't want to do something, regardless of what their "help" documents say.
Doesn't make any sense.
They aren't liable for payments?
Our spending history should be more than enough to increase the daily limits.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: Doesn't make any sense.
They aren't liable for payments?
Our spending history should be more than enough to increase the daily limits.
You would think our payment history would ease their worry. However, I believe it is the manufactured spending issue they didn't account for; thus they broad-brush everyone as a potential evil doer, regardless of your history or their own documents.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jdu0ng wrote: Be careful with MBNA RWE for property tax - there have been reports of cash advance free
Anyone in the GVRD pay their property tax with MBNA RWE with no issues?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
choclover wrote: I paid my Fortis BC natural gas bill with MBNA Rewards World Elite mastercard yesterday. I am assuming this should be fine as I don't recall anyone reporting this payee being treated as a cash advance with MBNA RWE even though some have had difficulty with property tax payments. Fingers crossed.
Did you get charged a CA?
I just paid my BC Hydro today. FIngers crossed.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1389 posts
624 upvotes
Halifax
stovetop wrote: Did you get charged a CA?
I just paid my BC Hydro today. FIngers crossed.
You won't get a CA with BC Hydro.

It's only property tax payments that seem to set it off - particularly those paid with an MBNA.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
wzpzj wrote: Need to pay my bill, ie. American express simple cash credit card. is this the correct one "Bank of Canada American Express"?
Please let me know as I have the Amex Gold Rewards card I want to pay into too.
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
Paid Ottawa property tax with MBNA RWE on Mar 2, no CA fee and got the MBNA reward points.
Jun 19, 2009
70 posts
30 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Please let me know as I have the Amex Gold Rewards card I want to pay into too.
I sent an email to PayTM customer service and they said it is correct. I've just paid the bill so will see if it will show up from my AMEX account in the next few days.
Sep 11, 2017
32 posts
5 upvotes
Has anyone had there account flagged for having multiple accounts open?
Apr 2, 2017
47 posts
9 upvotes
Read about Paytm's latest promos on another site. These are for new users only so all newbies, enjoy. Copy/Pasting it here:
  1. Mobile promo: Get $10 Cashback on top mobile operator bill payments. Promo code is "Fido", "Freedom", "Virgin", "Rogers", "Koodo", "Telus". For new customers only. Offer ends on March 16, 2018.
  2. Student Promo: Students signing up with their school email IDs get $20 paytm cash on sign up. This is available for University of Toronto (referral code: UToronto), Dalhousie (referral code: Dal), U of Calgary (referral code: UCalgary), University of Alberta (UAlberta), Seneca (referral code: Seneca), Queens (referral code: QueensU), University of Guelph (referral code: UOGuelph), Carleton University (referral code: Carleton), University of Waterloo (referral code: UWaterloo), University of Windsor (UWindsor), Simon Fraser University (referral code: SFU), University of Ottawa (referral code: UOttawa), Trent University (referral code: TrentU), McGill university (referral code: McGill), Western University (Referral code: UWO). You'll get the credit only if you enter the code while signing with your school email ID. Offer ends on March 16, 2018.
Here the link to the blog: https://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/07 ... cards.html
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
on888 wrote: Paid Ottawa property tax with MBNA RWE on Mar 2, no CA fee and got the MBNA reward points.
Did this change for MBNA MCs just happen recently? Any other confirmations?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jun 23, 2009
5666 posts
5546 upvotes
I'm trying to pay off an AMEX Canada credit card bill. Is "Bank of Canada American Express" correct? Damn, I see it takes 3 days to verify bank details before I can pay a bill so something like 6 business days before it'll hit the AMEX account. That makes for late bill payments
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
TOdealseeker wrote: Read about Paytm's latest promos on another site. These are for new users only so all newbies, enjoy. Copy/Pasting it here:
  1. Mobile promo: Get $10 Cashback on top mobile operator bill payments. Promo code is "Fido", "Freedom", "Virgin", "Rogers", "Koodo", "Telus". For new customers only. Offer ends on March 16, 2018.
  2. Student Promo: Students signing up with their school email IDs get $20 paytm cash on sign up. This is available for University of Toronto (referral code: UToronto), Dalhousie (referral code: Dal), U of Calgary (referral code: UCalgary), University of Alberta (UAlberta), Seneca (referral code: Seneca), Queens (referral code: QueensU), University of Guelph (referral code: UOGuelph), Carleton University (referral code: Carleton), University of Waterloo (referral code: UWaterloo), University of Windsor (UWindsor), Simon Fraser University (referral code: SFU), University of Ottawa (referral code: UOttawa), Trent University (referral code: TrentU), McGill university (referral code: McGill), Western University (Referral code: UWO). You'll get the credit only if you enter the code while signing with your school email ID. Offer ends on March 16, 2018.
Here the link to the blog: https://www.canadianrewards.net/2017/07 ... cards.html
Anyone who is not new ... did you try any of those codes? ... Mobile operator bill payment in particular ...

I think we already did mobile promo similar to those ones quite recently.

I do understand this is more likely for new customers only (as indicated).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
ahbitheman wrote: I'm trying to pay off an AMEX Canada credit card bill. Is "Bank of Canada American Express" correct? Damn, I see it takes 3 days to verify bank details before I can pay a bill so something like 6 business days before it'll hit the AMEX account. That makes for late bill payments
Really? I added Amex card bill on the weekend, paid it on Monday and received an email from Amex confirming the payment yesterday
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Anyone in the GVRD pay their property tax with MBNA RWE with no issues?
I paid my City of Vancouver property tax and got all kinds of cash advance charges and interest. It was a bit of a nightmare. Now I am terrified of trying to do it again even though some say it has been fixed.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1389 posts
624 upvotes
Halifax
choclover wrote: I paid my City of Vancouver property tax and got all kinds of cash advance charges and interest. It was a bit of a nightmare. Now I am terrified of trying to do it again even though some say it has been fixed.
When?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)