Credit Cards

Paytm: Pay property tax with credit card!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 2:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:06 pm
It is time to pay my utility bills in advance. But I will wait until my next MC billing cycle before paying to get my maximum delay.
Why would you need to wait for your MC statement to cycle? Why wouldn't you just pay off the balance, early, before it cycles, so you can free up the limit to use again and again, mid-cycle? With the Can Tire MC, I had a stupid-low $2K limit and a pressing need to pay +$10K ASAP, so I used the MC for the full $2K amount repeatedly, and I walked into a CT store and gave the cashier cash/debit-card to pay $2K off the balance to free up the limit within minutes. Rinsed an repeated. I did that 4 or 5 times in one hour. Oh what fun. :|

True, PayTM has a maximum, $1500 for Day 1, and then $1400 for Day 2, and then something like $350 on Day 3 if I recall correctly. but just wait a few more days and it goes back up to $1500 again.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7441 posts
7739 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:29 pm
Why would you need to wait for your MC statement to cycle? Why wouldn't you just pay off the balance, early, before it cycles, so you can free up the limit to use again and again, mid-cycle? With the Can Tire MC, I had a stupid-low $2K limit and a pressing need to pay +$10K ASAP, so I used the MC for the full $2K amount repeatedly, and I walked into a CT store and gave the cashier cash/debit-card to pay $2K off the balance to free up the limit within minutes. Rinsed an repeated. I did that 4 or 5 times in one hour. Oh what fun. :|

True, PayTM has a maximum, $1500 for Day 1, and then $1400 for Day 2, and then something like $350 on Day 3 if I recall correctly. but just wait a few more days and it goes back up to $1500 again.
I have CL to cover the $1000 payment to get the max $20 cash back. If I pay my $1000 utility bill now, that $1000 payment will be due on Feb 22. If I pay my utility bill after the next MC statement date Jan 27, my $1000 PayTM utility payment will be due on March 22nd.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
Nov 4, 2008
431 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone paid their Tangerine MC using another CC as a payment method lol ? It allowed me to add Tangerine MC as my bill so I was just curious if there's any cash advance fees added for such bill payment?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7441 posts
7739 upvotes
We should have a list for the MCs used on PayTM with and without cash advance charge by the MC issuer.

The thread summary is the best place to this list because the thread summary can be edited by any RFD members. I setup the the summary already format. Just waiting for you to update your MC.

I like to know whether the PayTM payment using PC WE MC charge cash advance fee or not. Thanks
Last edited by embguy on Jan 10th, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
1x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
brutus99 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:03 pm
Has anyone paid their Tangerine MC using another CC as a payment method lol ? It allowed me to add Tangerine MC as my bill so I was just curious if there's any cash advance fees added for such bill payment?
You CANNOT pay a credit card using another credit card as a payment method.
You CAN use a linked bank account, or PayTM cash to pay a credit card bill.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:50 pm
Can you get the 2% paying a CC bill from Paytm cash?
It says “using any payment method”.
Jan 19, 2017
520 posts
141 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 12:53 pm
What they want us to do is to pay with cash instead of CC similar to the PayTM India.
CC is not that popular in India just like in China. Most people don’t have cc there. I am assuming it is the same for debit card purchase. That is why it’s is a good business model to use Paytm in India and WeChat in China for every day purchase.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39479 posts
1541 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bizee-bee wrote:

Most people here have much more than $2K credit limit..
**BRAND NEW** 3M Filtrete Furnace Filters As low as **$5 each!**
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:00 pm
I have CL to cover the $1000 payment to get the max $20 cash back. If I pay my $1000 utility bill now, that $1000 payment will be due on Feb 22. If I pay my utility bill after the next MC statement date Jan 27, my $1000 PayTM utility payment will be due on March 22nd.
Ahhh...swoosh! :facepalm:

I retract my CT MC carousel story.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2451 posts
918 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Why would you need to wait for your MC statement to cycle? Why wouldn't you just pay off the balance, early, before it cycles, so you can free up the limit to use again and again, mid-cycle?
I am disappointed ... newbies seem to have pulled you down to their level. Winking Face
Loose lips sink ships.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2451 posts
918 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:06 pm
It is time to pay my utility bills in advance. But I will wait until my next MC billing cycle before paying to get my maximum delay.
embguy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:00 pm
You stand to lose roughly $2.5 in interest @ 3% (taxable) but you will lose $20 (tax free) if the deal is cancelled before your MC statement cycles. These deals are not meant for sober second thought but that is just me.
Loose lips sink ships.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
McMaggot wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:08 pm
I am disappointed ... newbies seem to have pulled you down to their level. Winking Face
Yeah, I totally let my guard down and got confused. I saw statement cycle mentioned and did not clue in why it would make a difference to the topic discussion. I never think about these micro-methods. And when a CC statement cycles, I pay it right away. No more of this last minute near-the-due-date payments. Not worth it. I usually have about 15-20 active CC, and that doesn't include the +dozen or so that Mrs. Bee has...yet I'm the one that has to keep on top of everything, payment-wise, so for me the easiest is to make sure I pay once I get the alert that a bill is ready to be paid. Else it gets too confusing to keep track of what has or hasn't been paid yet. To make things worse for myself, I don't do auto-payments. I'm too old-school. I'm my own worst enemy.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
3795 posts
836 upvotes
seatiger wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:32 pm
now waiting for vancouver property tax to show up again....took them 3 weeks for it to show up for last july.
also need a few cycles of $1500 to finish paying off...$1500 is way too little for property tax...CoV is a big spender :(
My recent CoV property tax pmts showed up right away.
There is a note at CoV website about a delay in posting pmts:
** NOTICE REGARDING PROPERTY TAX AND UTILITY INQUIRIES **
Property Tax data will be unavailable for one to two business days starting at 5:00 PM PST January 10, 2018 while we complete the year end process.

Please make note that due to the holiday closure and year end process, tax and utility accounts from December 23 through mid-January 2018 may not show all payments and adjustments. Any payments received during the closure may not appear on this site until the New Year.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I made a pmt in late Dec and it actually showed up at CoV website as paid a week earlier.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

mattchew008, muvo, janarthan01