Credit Cards

Paytm: Pay property tax with credit card!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2018 9:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2647 posts
1349 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:59 pm
So you paid cash, not by credit card. Thought the pay credit card with credit card trick is back for a second...:lol:

Nonetheless, good opportunity to prepay on property taxes and earn additional 2% paytm cash through credit card .
My default payment method is Fido MC.
When I went to pay my Fido MC bill through PayTM, on the last screen you get to where you confirm payment, a pop up stated "credit card payment not accepted" as it detected I was paying a credit card bill.
Of course I had to select bank account as payment method to pay Fido MC, and once the payment went through, it said I would receive the cash back Feb 1st.
So yeah, they made sure that loophole wouldn't happen haha.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3444 posts
707 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:34 pm
My default payment method is Fido MC.
When I went to pay my Fido MC bill through PayTM, on the last screen you get to where you confirm payment, a pop up stated "credit card payment not accepted" as it detected I was paying a credit card bill.
Of course I had to select bank account as payment method to pay Fido MC, and once the payment went through, it said I would receive the cash back Feb 1st.
So yeah, they made sure that loophole wouldn't happen haha.
So, wait (i didn't even think of that before!) ... correct! ... promo says pay ANY bill .. and receive $20 max.

So really then, I don't have to pay Property Tax bill etc ... I can just pay something like Mastercard or Visa bill using my bank account as a method of payment .... and receive 20 dollars on Feb 1st for doing so?!

I guess it will be somewhat a prepayment ... for example if the credit card bills comes out -- you have 3 weeks or so to pay the bill ... but 20 dollars bonus should compensate for some lost interest (depending how days ahead you'd be paying that bill before Jan 31, when the promo ends?

Question: You figure someone can pay a biller right on Jan. 31 for example ... and still get 20 dollars bonus, regardless if the actual physical payment occurs for example on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 ... or?
Feb 20, 2004
696 posts
210 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:27 pm
So, wait (i didn't even think of that before!) ... correct! ... promo says pay ANY bill .. and receive $20 max.

So really then, I don't have to pay Property Tax bill etc ... I can just pay something like Mastercard or Visa bill using my bank account as a method of payment .... and receive 20 dollars on Feb 1st for doing so?!
+1 I didn't think of this either. Oh well won't make a huge difference in big scheme of things.

By the way I just paid my Property Tax Bill in Vancouver and it said will be posted to biller by Jan 21st. I wanted to do it early as I read a few pages back that in July it took 3 weeks, that's way too outrageous. Still took a chance and paid it today hoping it won't be posted on Feb 2nd as that's cutting it way too close. So glad they have a confirmation date of Jan 21st. After that will also be calling in City of Vancouver to see if my payments actually posted.

Also right now I guess would be a good time to refer any friends to paytm as they are giving out 20 bucksSmiling Face With Open Mouth Well they probably figure they are saving tons from charging fees with AE and passing on benefit to us as a way of marketing. I like it!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1386 posts
250 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:46 am
How long does it take Paytm to pay Amex? I paid yesterday but still don't see the payment in my Amex acct.
To answer my own question: 1 business day.

Paid my Amex credit card yesterday and it got posted by Amex today. Sweet 2%!

(Funny thing is that I just got the "Payment Received" email from Amex but I don't see the actual payment in my acct when I login.)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2647 posts
1349 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:27 pm

I guess it will be somewhat a prepayment ... for example if the credit card bills comes out -- you have 3 weeks or so to pay the bill ... but 20 dollars bonus should compensate for some lost interest (depending how days ahead you'd be paying that bill before Jan 31, when the promo ends?

Question: You figure someone can pay a biller right on Jan. 31 for example ... and still get 20 dollars bonus, regardless if the actual physical payment occurs for example on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 ... or?
I would think it would go by the day you submit the payment through PayTM, as you have no control over how long it takes them to do their part
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3444 posts
707 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:16 pm
I would think it would go by the day you submit the payment through PayTM, as you have no control over how long it takes them to do their part
Not really, maybe, I think ... cuz I got reply about this not long ago from PayTM:

Adam E: "The bill payment needs to be complete prior to Jan. 31, so ensure that your payments are put in a little bit before that deadline."
Sep 23, 2011
95 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
micronta wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:43 pm
...and it said will be posted to biller by Jan 21st...
today is January 12, so they say it takes more than 1 week...
was it like that before or does it take longer now?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3444 posts
707 upvotes
Here is my latest correspondence with Adam E from PayTM ... (LOL .. PayTM send their hello(s) to RFD family by the way ... haha) :D

---

C/P:

Me:

Hi ... a couple of questions about your latest 2% promo for any bill, any method of payment:

This promo here: https://www.paytm.ca/contests-offers/ge ... 1a1cd-2248

It states there (copy/paste) :

"

Beginning January 10, 2018 until January 31, 2018 all customers will receive 2% Cashback when they make a bill payment to any biller, any amount and use any payment method.

The maximum Cashback per customer for the month of January will be $20."

---

So two related questions for me are:

1) To get the full / maximum amount - 20 dollars cash back ... does one have to pay ONE biller in the amount of $1000 or more? .... Or one can pay more than one biller ... and get 2% cash back for each (maximum 20 dollars in total) ... For example: One pays 5 separate billers, $200 each (total for 5 billers would come to $1000 basically) .... - In this case, would one get the entire maximum - $20 cash back... or one would only get 2% from ONE biller only -- in the above example it would basically be 2% of $200 = $4 cash back?

2) ... The promo has an expiry ("until January 31, 2018")

So, if someone pays a biller right on Jan. 31, 2018 for example ... can someone still get 2% bonus cash back (on February 1, 2018) on that biller, regardless that the actual physical payment may occurs for example (if not the same day then) on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 etc... or not?

And if they will / can STILL get the 2% bonus cash back (for this particular situation) ... will they get it on February 1, 2018 (as stated in promo's terms and conditions) ... or in the above example, will they get it for example "on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 etc" (when the biller gets physically paid, basically).

Simply pointing that if it's still "YES" ... and cash back is paid on February 1st regardless ...then the cash back kinda might occur before the actual transaction settles / gets physically paid. :)

Please let me know (finer details on both above TWO questions) :)

---

Adam E:

Hey XXXXXX,

1) In aggregate your max, across all of your bills, is $20 cashback. It need not be in one bill, but can be many bills.

2) The bill payment needs to be complete prior to Jan. 31, so ensure that your payments are put in a little bit before that deadline.

--

Me:

Re: 2)

Then for example: Jan. 31 is Wednesday .... and Jan. 30 is Tuesday ... and January 29 is Monday

So to "ensure" my payments get completed prior to Jan. 31 or even say on Jan. 31 maybe ... -- would Jan. 29 (Monday) or even Jan. 30 (Tuesday) ... be sufficient enough to ensure payments will be complete prior (or on Jan. 31)?

Considering a payment might occur via MasterCard or right from the bank account....

---

Adam E:

Hey XXXXXX,

I actually just spoke to the team about this for you.

The deadline to initiate the payment is 11:59pm EST on the 31st - however, if a transaction is not completed prior to this time then the cashback will be received later in the week of the first week of Feb.

Tell the RFD fam we say hi
:)

-----

Me:

Hehehe ... Re: RFD family :D

That reply of yours is better to hear than previous ... :)

So basically ... to confirm this ... If I initiate the payment by 11:59 pm EST on Jan. 31 ... and the actual payment will be completed for example Feb 1, 2 or 3 etc ... the cash back will STILL be given ... just not on the 1st? :)

Thanks

---

Adam E:

You got it.

Enjoy :)

P.S.

Reach out anytime - we're here to help.

Much love to the RFD fam :)
Mar 30, 2017
241 posts
100 upvotes
seatiger wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 6:44 pm
I paid Jan 2 for 1500, still waiting balance update at CoV website
it was posted Jan 11 on CoV website, making 2nd $1500 installment same day...waiting again now
1/19/18 99.76% SVXY 0.24% cash😂 profit YTD 2.63%😂
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3306 posts
829 upvotes
micronta wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 3:43 pm
+1 I didn't think of this either. Oh well won't make a huge difference in big scheme of things.

By the way I just paid my Property Tax Bill in Vancouver and it said will be posted to biller by Jan 21st. I wanted to do it early as I read a few pages back that in July it took 3 weeks, that's way too outrageous. Still took a chance and paid it today hoping it won't be posted on Feb 2nd as that's cutting it way too close. So glad they have a confirmation date of Jan 21st. After that will also be calling in City of Vancouver to see if my payments actually posted.

Also right now I guess would be a good time to refer any friends to paytm as they are giving out 20 bucksSmiling Face With Open Mouth Well they probably figure they are saving tons from charging fees with AE and passing on benefit to us as a way of marketing. I like it!
Just in case you didn't know, you can actually check your City of Vancouver property tax account yourself if you go to the City of Vancouver property tax page on their website.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
17117 posts
5405 upvotes
Ottawa
Darkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:46 pm
Here is my latest correspondence with Adam E from PayTM ... (LOL .. PayTM send their hello(s) to RFD family by the way ... haha) :D

---

C/P:

Me:

Hi ... a couple of questions about your latest 2% promo for any bill, any method of payment:

This promo here: https://www.paytm.ca/contests-offers/ge ... 1a1cd-2248

It states there (copy/paste) :

"

Beginning January 10, 2018 until January 31, 2018 all customers will receive 2% Cashback when they make a bill payment to any biller, any amount and use any payment method.

The maximum Cashback per customer for the month of January will be $20."

---

So two related questions for me are:

1) To get the full / maximum amount - 20 dollars cash back ... does one have to pay ONE biller in the amount of $1000 or more? .... Or one can pay more than one biller ... and get 2% cash back for each (maximum 20 dollars in total) ... For example: One pays 5 separate billers, $200 each (total for 5 billers would come to $1000 basically) .... - In this case, would one get the entire maximum - $20 cash back... or one would only get 2% from ONE biller only -- in the above example it would basically be 2% of $200 = $4 cash back?

2) ... The promo has an expiry ("until January 31, 2018")

So, if someone pays a biller right on Jan. 31, 2018 for example ... can someone still get 2% bonus cash back (on February 1, 2018) on that biller, regardless that the actual physical payment may occurs for example (if not the same day then) on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 etc... or not?

And if they will / can STILL get the 2% bonus cash back (for this particular situation) ... will they get it on February 1, 2018 (as stated in promo's terms and conditions) ... or in the above example, will they get it for example "on Feb 1, Feb 2 or Feb 3 etc" (when the biller gets physically paid, basically).

Simply pointing that if it's still "YES" ... and cash back is paid on February 1st regardless ...then the cash back kinda might occur before the actual transaction settles / gets physically paid. :)

Please let me know (finer details on both above TWO questions) :)

---

Adam E:

Hey XXXXXX,

1) In aggregate your max, across all of your bills, is $20 cashback. It need not be in one bill, but can be many bills.

2) The bill payment needs to be complete prior to Jan. 31, so ensure that your payments are put in a little bit before that deadline.

--

Me:

Re: 2)

Then for example: Jan. 31 is Wednesday .... and Jan. 30 is Tuesday ... and January 29 is Monday

So to "ensure" my payments get completed prior to Jan. 31 or even say on Jan. 31 maybe ... -- would Jan. 29 (Monday) or even Jan. 30 (Tuesday) ... be sufficient enough to ensure payments will be complete prior (or on Jan. 31)?

Considering a payment might occur via MasterCard or right from the bank account....

---

Adam E:

Hey XXXXXX,

I actually just spoke to the team about this for you.

The deadline to initiate the payment is 11:59pm EST on the 31st - however, if a transaction is not completed prior to this time then the cashback will be received later in the week of the first week of Feb.

Tell the RFD fam we say hi
:)

-----

Me:

Hehehe ... Re: RFD family :D

That reply of yours is better to hear than previous ... :)

So basically ... to confirm this ... If I initiate the payment by 11:59 pm EST on Jan. 31 ... and the actual payment will be completed for example Feb 1, 2 or 3 etc ... the cash back will STILL be given ... just not on the 1st? :)

Thanks

---

Adam E:

You got it.

Enjoy :)

P.S.

Reach out anytime - we're here to help.

Much love to the RFD fam :)
Lol, you've been exposed.
Adam knows who your are on and off RFD.
Nov 21, 2013
6 posts
Toronto, ON
I paid Toronto property tax using my MBNA credit card and noticed $10 cash advance fee posted on Jan 12.
I thought PayTM fixed this issue?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2647 posts
1349 upvotes
sjleeplus wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 3:25 pm
I paid Toronto property tax using my MBNA credit card and noticed $10 cash advance fee posted on Jan 12.
Let me guess, Smart Cash Visa Infinite?
Sep 23, 2011
95 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
sjleeplus wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 3:25 pm
Paid mine with Rogers card - no cash advance, shows as "Mail/Phone Order"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

warped1