Credit Cards

Paytm: Pay House Bills with any MC, no referrals in thread, no pay CC with CC - Officially USELESS?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 11:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
PhobMX wrote: Can you post a direct link? Checked Collabria's website and couldn't find a card with 2 points per dollar spent.
In the words of @vkizzle, come join us here.

But looks like you've found it.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
I noticed Paytm app had an update yesterday ... and now has somewhat new(er) look.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Announcing A New Feature: Set it & Forget it

By Naqiyah Rampuri September 25, 2018

One of the best things about working at Paytm is how quickly we adapt to change. If our customers request something new or want us to make an improvement to an existing feature, we’ll find a way to make it happen. Which is why we are excited to announce our new Set it & Forget it feature, as requested by our Paytm Canada customers! With Set it & Forget it, whether you’re at home or traveling you will never have to worry about missing a bill payment.

Here’s what’s new:

Schedule all of your bill payments in advance by pre-selecting the date that you want to pay it.
Select the frequency of how often you want to pay that bill – once, monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.
Enter the amount that you want to pay, and your preferred payment method for that bill. Whether you want to make the bill payment using Paytm Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card or your Linked Bank Account, you’re in control of choosing the payment method for each bill.

Our app is still evolving, and we will continue to fine tune this feature. As of now, customers will have to set the bill payment amount, which may be less or more than the actual bill payment amount owed. If the scheduled amount is less than the actual bill amount, you can login to the App and manually pay the difference (just as you’ve done before).

With Set it & Forget it you have the ease of knowing that all your bills are being paid on time. You won’t have to worry about remembering the passwords for every service provider, or worse trying to remember where you placed that paper bill! We have the largest number of service providers on our app, so you can easily schedule your bill payments and rest assured that they will get paid on time. And, the best part is that you can still collect Paytm Points for every bill payment that you make with our app, and redeem them for tons of great stuff!

Sound too good to be true? It is!

As an added bonus, for a limited time we’re offering new users 10,000 Welcome Bonus Points for downloading the Paytm Canada app. That’s enough for a FREE $10 rewards cards at brands like Netflix, Cineplex, Tim Hortons, Uber, Starbucks and so many more! Download the App today from the App Store or from Google Play.

For our loyal customers, we’ve increased the Refer + Collect amount to 5,000 points! Refer your friends, family or even colleagues with your personalized referral code. When they use your referral code upon sign up and successfully pay a bill of at least $50, both of you will receive 5,000 Points.

Want to suggest our next feature? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or send us an email at care@paytm.ca.

Source: https://blog.paytm.ca/blog/announcing-n ... et-forget/
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
For our loyal customers, we’ve increased the Refer + Collect amount to 5,000 points! Refer your friends, family or even colleagues with your personalized referral code. When they use your referral code upon sign up and successfully pay a bill of at least $50, both of you will receive 5,000 Points.
So I guess referrals are worth now $5 (5,000 paytm points) worth of Amazon.ca or other gift cards.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Darkman wrote: So I guess referrals are worth now $5 (5,000 paytm points) worth of Amazon.ca or other gift cards.
Awesome. I sub to this thread and really appreciate that you're keeping on top of these updates. Kudos m8!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
@Darkman this is boss...

I can certainly think of clever recipes to pre-program bill payments to make life much easier.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2007
1015 posts
745 upvotes
Toronto
I currently has PAP (pre-authorized payment) for Toronto property tax.
If I pay using PayTM the monthly amount, will I still get debit on the withdrawal date even if I pay way in advance?
I have seen other post they still get the monthly amount withdraw from their bank account.
I would like to get confirmation before I cancel the PAP.
Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10048 posts
6145 upvotes
dearsir wrote: I currently has PAP (pre-authorized payment) for Toronto property tax.
If I pay using PayTM the monthly amount, will I still get debit on the withdrawal date even if I pay way in advance?
I have seen other post they still get the monthly amount withdraw from their bank account.
I would like to get confirmation before I cancel the PAP.
Thanks.
if you don't get any benefit(i.e. discount) by paying monthly installments, why not put the monthly payments in a saving acct to earn some interest and pay the lump sum on the due date. The only reason I can see people using installments is they feel less pressure for paying smaller amts, compare to paying a large lump sum.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: if you don't get any benefit(i.e. discount) by paying monthly installments, why not put the monthly payments in a saving acct to earn some interest and pay the lump sum on the due date. The only reason I can see people using installments is they feel less pressure for paying smaller amts, compare to paying a large lump sum.
Totally agree!!! Now that interest rates are just slightly better than measely, it actually makes sense for me to earn interest in a high interest account (even EQ Bank at 2.3%) and pay lump sumps on the semi-annual due dates. My property taxes are getting close to 5 digits so it is totally worth it for me. And no I don't live in a mansion. I live in a humble house in a very average part of Vancouver but am a victim of EXTREME taxation. Here's to praying for a new council that has some ethics, cannot be bought by developers, and that respects the value of a hard-earned tax dollar by the taxpayer.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
choclover wrote: Totally agree!!! Now that interest rates are just slightly better than measely, it actually makes sense for me to earn interest in a high interest account (even EQ Bank at 2.3%) and pay lump sumps on the semi-annual due dates. My property taxes are getting close to 5 digits so it is totally worth it for me. And no I don't live in a mansion. I live in a humble house in a very average part of Vancouver but am a victim of EXTREME taxation. Here's to praying for a new council that has some ethics, cannot be bought by developers, and that respects the value of a hard-earned tax dollar by the taxpayer.
Holy shit that's high property taxes. I live in a place that gets colder than Mars, so I guess there's a trade off.
Apr 23, 2018
38 posts
20 upvotes
dearsir wrote: I am new to Paytm. Any way to setup PAD for re-occurring payment?
Yes! We just launched pre-authorized payments as a feature on our app - we call it "Set it and Forget it" and are super excited about it. It is a work in progress, in the sense that we'll continue to improve it and make constant reiterations, so everyone please send us feedback or suggestions if you have any!

You can check out this article from our blog or email us/call us for more https://blog.paytm.ca/blog/announcing-n ... et-forget/.
Apr 23, 2018
38 posts
20 upvotes
Hey everyone!!

We have a new sign-up promotion running, where any new accounts registered after Sep 26 at 10:00 AM EST will automatically receive 10,000 bonus points. This can be redeemed for many gift cards of $10 value, from Amazon to Starbucks.

We also have a new referral program for all our existing customers (we do love you!), where you'll receive 5,000 points for each successful referral. A successful referral means your referral has paid a bill of $50 or above, and it has gone through successfully. Then, you'll both get 5,000 points added to your Paytm balance.

DM me or email us at care@paytm.ca if you have any questions :)

Zein
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ZeinFromPaytm wrote: Hey everyone!!

We have a new sign-up promotion running, where any new accounts registered after Sep 26 at 10:00 AM EST will automatically receive 10,000 bonus points. This can be redeemed for many gift cards of $10 value, from Amazon to Starbucks.

We also have a new referral program for all our existing customers (we do love you!), where you'll receive 5,000 points for each successful referral. A successful referral means your referral has paid a bill of $50 or above, and it has gone through successfully. Then, you'll both get 5,000 points added to your Paytm balance.

DM me or email us at care@paytm.ca if you have any questions :)

Zein
It seems paytm loves new customers twice as much existing/old customers ... why is that? (lol)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1505 posts
1105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The 1000 points I got for signing up earlier this year (April) was advertised as $10 value.
They dropped the airbuds that were available in about June
Now it's worth $1 (as of Sept)
Don't bother referring people, you points will be worth nothing soon anyway.

:(
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
treasureseeker3 wrote: The 1000 points I got for signing up earlier this year (April) was advertised as $10 value.
They dropped the airbuds that were available in about June
Now it's worth $1 (as of Sept)
Don't bother referring people, you points will be worth nothing soon anyway.

:(
wow ... that's brutal ... devalued from 10 to 1 in just 4 months ...
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10048 posts
6145 upvotes
VH99 wrote: It seems paytm loves new customers twice as much existing/old customers ... why is that? (lol)
It is not just Paytm. Every business does this way to get new customers.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
krossfyah wrote: interesting.. ill double check
I see that they removed the 407 ETR from the list of billers... I wonder why.
Jon Lai wrote: 407 accepts credit cards anyways, no loss there.
407 is back on there, but paytm doesnt accept credit cards for it for some reason. There wont be major loss, but just wont be able to get paytm reward points.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)