Credit Cards

Paytm: Pay House Bills with any MC, no referrals in thread, no pay CC with CC - Officially USELESS?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 11:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6151 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: You should be able to link to Savings (was able to with TD/RBC), is tangerine a special case?
I think it is because you can not use Interac on Tangerine saving acct. only chequing acct.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
How long does it take for latest PAYMENOW promo's payment to go through? (the one that should go from linked bank account(s)

It's been a couple of days now ... and neither mine nor my mother's account was debited $1 for latest bill payment (11 - 10 paytm bucks = $1).
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4191 posts
5293 upvotes
on the links!
Darkman wrote: How long does it take for latest PAYMENOW promo's payment to go through? (the one that should go from linked bank account(s)

It's been a couple of days now ... and neither mine nor my mother's account was debited $1 for latest bill payment (11 - 10 paytm bucks = $1).
My transaction had a disclaimer "First bank payment can take up to 5 business days". Assume the maximum timeline and you may get pleasantly surprised.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
minimalist wrote: I couldn't link to Tangerine Savings and I don't have Chequing with them. Was able to actually login but then there were no accounts listed to link.
i actually have both ...
it said login failed ...
i will try again today ...
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
ValueHunter999 wrote: i actually have both ...
it said login failed ...
i will try again today ...
That's what I'd tell you if I was a hacker stealing your bank login info while I confirmed it really works with your bank ;)

LOL. Are people changing to temporary passwords for this and changing again later? I hope so.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
ace604 wrote: That's what I'd tell you if I was a hacker stealing your bank login info while I confirmed it really works with your bank ;)

LOL. Are people changing to temporary passwords for this and changing again later? I hope so.
just tried it with android tablet ...

still failed ...
but the msg says something went wrong ... try again ...

damn ... too afraid to try linking other bank account now ...

will change password ...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
ace604 wrote: That's what I'd tell you if I was a hacker stealing your bank login info while I confirmed it really works with your bank ;)

no problem with TD tho ... interesting ...

i hope no one trying to steal my pswd ... cause theres not much in my account ... its not worth yr effort ... :)

r ppl keeping the link to account on paytm ... ?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe

Actually, someone is attempting to "login" to my account.
After completing a payment from my bank account, I went ahead and deleted the account (while the payment is still pending) and I received a notification that someone attempted to login to my account unsuccessfuly!
Me thinks Paytm is trying to complete the transaction...
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
vkizzle wrote: Actually, someone is attempting to "login" to my account.
After completing a payment from my bank account, I went ahead and deleted the account (while the payment is still pending) and I received a notification that someone attempted to login to my account unsuccessfuly!
Me thinks Paytm is trying to complete the transaction...
alanbrenton wrote: So even man in the middle attack is in beta phase? :)
LOL.

Does their service "link"'to your account or save your login and then login and pay your bill for you.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
ace604 wrote: LOL.

Does their service "link"'to your account or save your login and then login and pay your bill for you.
so it is safer to just change login info then ... right?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes

I would rather just open new accounts and avail of the ADELAIDE code and leave my Rogers MC in there. I only bank with RBC and I don't want to risk anything for $15.

Besides, they want more account openings as that's part of their metrics so let's help them achieve that 8 million user goal.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Jun 23rd, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
alanbrenton wrote: I would rather just open new accounts and avail of the ADELAIDE code and leave my Rogers MC in there. I only bank with RBC and I don't want to risk anything for $15. :)
its $10 now ...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe

Looks like they save credentials and login to withdraw the funds.
According to the security notification, the unsuccessful attempt was a result of failing to provide an answer to one of my security questions.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2751 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote: I would rather just open new accounts and avail of the ADELAIDE code and leave my Rogers MC in there. I only bank with RBC and I don't want to risk anything for $15.

Besides, they want more account openings as that's part of their metrics so let's help them achieve that 8 million user goal.
Open new accounts? How many do you have in mind? LOL. Each account needs a different email address and phone # that can receive text. Maybe even a different credit card in the account holder name as well?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Open new accounts? How many do you have in mind? LOL. Each account needs a different email address and phone # that can receive text. Maybe even a different credit card in the account holder name as well?
cc can be same. :)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
ml88888888 wrote: You can only link chequing acct. not saving or LOC.
actually, both chq and sav are linkable ...

so i made payments with the promo from linked account ...
but it says they cannot charge my account for a few days ...
does this mean that the payment to the billers would also be delayed?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I would rather just open new accounts and avail of the ADELAIDE code and leave my Rogers MC in there. I only bank with RBC and I don't want to risk anything for $15.

How many accounts have you created so far? They would probably ban the accounts if I create too many.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)