None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1395 posts
17 upvotes
Markham

PBB Logistic

Ok i've had it with this company. Can someone help me understand whois at fault here?

I sent a package to the USA for the evga 680i to 780i stepup. This package was marked as RMA and shipped to the RMA dept but when purolator passed the buck to this PBB Logistics company, they cleared it and paid duties and taxes on the product even though it was an RMA product. They have been hounding me for money now, but since I declared it as RMA, shouldnt they be trying to get their money back from USA customs and not me?

The bill apparently does state that the sender is in charge of duties and taxes... but thats cause there was supposed to be no duties and taxes. If they did a crap-ass job and cleared it wrong resulting in duties and taxes, am i still responsible for them?
2 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1395 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
update:

email from them:

We are the US Customs broker; customs does not pay the bill they are the ones creating the bill. It does not matter if the item was a return. Anything that crosses the border is subject to fees. Please note that the invoice states that the sender (Stephen Mok) is the bill to. If you have documentation stating otherwise please fax it to me. 937-383-1190.
Sep 24, 2005
125 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton
you will need to show them a record of import (i.e. your invoice from your purchase) to be exempt from Duties. But either way, when anything cross the border, you will have to pay brokerage fees.