PC Bank account in Québec

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2017 12:26 pm
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
You can open an account next time when you visit Ontario. But you need to find an address that you can receive your cheque book.
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
wxw2015 wrote: You can open an account next time when you visit Ontario. But you need to find an address that you can receive your cheque book.
Yes others have said that. Someone suggested to open an account online with an ON address, but I don't think this is a good idea.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Zagbank is backed by Desjardins which is HQed in Quebec yet they don't offer accounts to Quebecers.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
how do we change the address to qc?

it gives me error #33 for province empty.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
L4cky wrote: how do we change the address to qc?it gives me error #33 for province empty.
Select ON (o rany other province) and using the rest of your address, the system should recognize your province as QC and adjust it accordingly. If this doesn't work, just call them as they officially support Quebec residents who've opened an account at one pavilion.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
airodyssey wrote: FYI, with Tangerine, you do get free cheques - the first 50 cheques, that is. After that, it's only $12.50 per order.
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/faq/spendin ... ex.html#q5

Or if you live in the Gatineau area, all you have to do is go across the border to a PC Pavillion in Ottawa. If you happen to travel outside of Quebec, you could also walk into a PC Pavillion to open an account.
any-other-bank-like-pc-financial-no-fees-901233/2/
I don't think they could do that with a Quebec address, could they? Anyone done this?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1584 posts
378 upvotes
Montreal
Yep. Been using PC Financial for almost 2 years with a Montreal address on file. Quebec customers are limited to a single account though, cannot have more, at least that was what I was told when visiting a branch in Ottawa.

Remember that Banking is of federal jurisdiction so any bank account from a federal charted entity (not provincial credit unions) will be available a mari usque ad mare that is from coast to coast.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4869 posts
2743 upvotes
Quebec
Thx to op and others poster in this thread. Was really interested into pcf chq account. On my next trip to ontario i will open an account
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
HyperTech wrote: Thx to op and others poster in this thread. Was really interested into pcf chq account. On my next trip to ontario i will open an account
Yeah that is what I will do to. Cornwall is not that far away ;)
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
HyperTech wrote: well, it depend from where....
of course, but if you are in eastern Québec, I guess you can go to New Brunswick to open one.