• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:12 pm
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes

PC Cloud Gaming

Anyone do cloud gaming and know what services are available in Canada.

Paperspace looks very interesting but not sure if it is available here. Their basic gaming rig I believe: 8 CPU cores, 30GB ram, quadro m4000 GPU is ~40 cents per hour.
Your text to link here...

LiquidSky is another.
Your text to link here...
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2049 posts
567 upvotes
Edmonton
I paid for some credits on liquidsky with the intention to play PUBG, but then fortnite came out on console.

I tried playing darksiders 2 on it and it actually worked very well. They were doing some server migration were they were down for a week or so and I haven’t tried it since then.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
Andrew765 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:21 am
I paid for some credits on liquidsky with the intention to play PUBG, but then fortnite came out on console.

I tried playing darksiders 2 on it and it actually worked very well. They were doing some server migration were they were down for a week or so and I haven’t tried it since then.
The liquidsky reviews I saw weren't as good as PaperSpace's so good to hear it worked well for you. I've yet to try either but still curious.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2037 posts
190 upvotes
The price really isn't where it needs to be yet. I used OnLive when that was still a thing, and I gave LiquidSky a go.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5732 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
OnLive was crap but that other service that got bought out by sony was a great experience on the same connection and computer in a browser no less. Back then I only had 10/1, now 100/10 seems to be the norm. Streaming games is no longer a technical hurdle, it is an economic hurdle, the ideal package would be a single charge per hour but you have access to a broad games library included.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
38 posts
14 upvotes
toalan wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 11:17 pm
OnLive was crap but that other service that got bought out by sony was a great experience on the same connection and computer in a browser no less. Back then I only had 10/1, now 100/10 seems to be the norm. Streaming games is no longer a technical hurdle, it is an economic hurdle, the ideal package would be a single charge per hour but you have access to a broad games library included.
This is $0.40 per hour for a Windows virtual machine where you can install games yourself so there's no library of games other than those you purchase. I'm questioning spending up to $2000 to buy a desktop versus using a remote VM.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2451 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
spursbob2 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:25 am
This is $0.40 per hour for a Windows virtual machine where you can install games yourself so there's no library of games other than those you purchase. I'm questioning spending up to $2000 to buy a desktop versus using a remote VM.
How's your internet connection?