Hot Deals

[PC Financial] 2.5% Interest on New Deposits for Interest Plus Savings Account from May 1 to October 31

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 8:26 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2014
6 posts
40 upvotes

[PC Financial] 2.5% Interest on New Deposits for Interest Plus Savings Account from May 1 to October 31

Deal Link:
Just received an email with the following offer:

Now is a great time to have a President’s Choice Financial® Interest PlusTM Savings Account (IPSA). Enrol to take advantage of 2.5%* interest on all new deposits until August 31, 2017.
Make new deposits into your account, stash a little cash and watch it grow.

This offer is for the original recipient of this email and is non-transferrable.

How it works: Offer Period: May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017. To participate in the President’s Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an Eligible Account (define below) holder must enrol during the Offer Period by calling 1 866 674 5610, visiting an in-store President’s Choice Financial pavilion to speak with a personal banking representative or by accepting the online offer through online banking. The Offer is available by invitation only to select President’s Choice Financial Interest PlusTM Savings Accounts and/or Interest First® Savings Accounts (“Eligible Accounts”) during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 2.5% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance (defined below). The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a PC Financial Account as at April 30, 2017, and are transferred to an Eligible Account. Promotional Interest will be paid in September 2017 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Rates may change at any time. Offer is non-transferable.
The provider of President’s Choice Financial personal banking services the direct banking division of CIBC, reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the Offer at any time, and revoke the Offer for any customer who appears to be manipulating or abusing the Offer, or is engaged in any suspicious/fraudulent activity.

For full terms and conditions of the offer, please see here

Update: The promotion has been extended for an additional 2 months until October 31, 2017.
Last edited by momoye on May 3rd, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
135 replies
Nov 18, 2015
535 posts
106 upvotes
I got an email for 2%. better then .8%. time to transfer from tangerine.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1963 posts
486 upvotes
Global Village
Didn't get an email or any offer when I log in. PCF tends to gradually release offers so it may be coming in a few days. Interesting to see they are Tangerining their % offers now.. Only it won't work well for them because of EQ, if they offered me 2% I'd rather leave my $ at EQ instead.
Last edited by scoper on May 3rd, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 18, 2016
130 posts
45 upvotes
Yah only got 2% on my email as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8581 posts
524 upvotes
Sweet. I left money in Tangerine by mistake and only got 1.6% from them on all deposits. So screw Tangerine gonna move all my money to PCF.

Edit: Got email from PCF for 2.5%. I had $1 in there.
Last edited by aquariaguy on May 3rd, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3778 posts
623 upvotes
Vancouver
haven't gotten email or pop up when logged in :(
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1284 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Can I check my rate when I login to my banking account? I don't think I received an email.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4050 posts
1094 upvotes
Tangerine is giving me 3.21%. PCF is not trying hard enough.
Sep 21, 2008
365 posts
26 upvotes
Is it easy to transfer money from Tangerine to PC? My current promo with Tangerine will soon finish
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8581 posts
524 upvotes
carldufourm wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 1:40 pm
Is it easy to transfer money from Tangerine to PC? My current promo with Tangerine will soon finish
Very easy. Just link it with Tangerine side.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Sep 21, 2008
365 posts
26 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 1:44 pm
Very easy. Just link it with Tangerine side.
Thanks! Unfortunately it seems PC financial isn't in Quebec...
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1851 posts
396 upvotes
Edmonton
ilove wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 1:30 pm
Tangerine is giving me 3.21%. PCF is not trying hard enough.
to the contrary, PCF offered us a measily 2% but Tangerine a horrible 1.6%..... enjoy the 3.21% while you can..... might be your last.......Disappointed But Relieved Face