Hot Deals

[PC Financial] 2.5% Interest on New Deposits for Interest Plus Savings Account from May 1 to October 31

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2017 8:26 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1961 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
Got the email also, 2.5% extended.

Great news. We’ve† extended our exclusive rate for an additional 2 months until October 31, 2017. You’re already enrolled, so you can still contribute to your President’s Choice Financial® Interest PlusTM savings account and get 2.5%* interest on all new deposits.

So stash a little cash and watch it grow.

*How it works: Offer Period: May 1, 2017 – October 31, 2017. To participate in the President’s Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an Eligible Account (define below) holder must enrol during the Offer Period by calling 1 866 674 5610, visiting an in-store President’s Choice Financial pavilion to speak with a personal banking representative or by accepting the online offer through online banking. The Offer is available by invitation only to select President’s Choice Financial Interest PlusTM Savings Accounts and/or Interest First® Savings Accounts (“Eligible Accounts”) during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 2.5% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance (defined below). The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a PC Financial Account as at April 30, 2017, and are transferred to an Eligible Account. Promotional Interest will be paid in two instalments in September 2017 for the period May 1 to August 31, 2017, and November 2017 for the period September 1 to October 31, 2017 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Rates may change at any time. Offer is non-transferable.

Full Terms
http://www.banking.pcfinancial.ca/mkt/c ... st-en.html
Dec 8, 2013
274 posts
54 upvotes
Etobicoke
Called in...only on NEW money. If you were supposed to lose the 2.5 on Aug 30..you still will
Zoomer $36/mo,400 min,Canada wide,2gb data,unltd text,free everything*
Zoomer Home Phone $10/mo,free Canada wide,modem,voicemail,features*
Dec 25, 2013
349 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't get the first offer so I called in and got 2.00%, I didn't receive an email so I figured I'd call and give it a shot. I called and they told me I'd get the 2.5% for the second period/ September-October.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1961 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
rmyly48 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:05 pm
Called in...only on NEW money. If you were supposed to lose the 2.5 on Aug 30..you still will
The terms and conditions of the offer contradicts what they may have told you, any new funds in the account after April 30th will get bonus interest in Sep & Oct for everyone who got the extension. If only they would read the language of their own offers..
Jan 13, 2004
554 posts
34 upvotes
Scarborough
rmyly48 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:05 pm
I would think the net new money from April 30 would earn the 2.5% until Oct. 31. # 3 of their terms:

"3. The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts."
Dec 8, 2013
274 posts
54 upvotes
Etobicoke
k2200 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:53 pm
I would think the net new money from April 30 would earn the 2.5% until Oct. 31. # 3 of their terms:

"3. The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts."
Could have had bad info from the rep we called...could someone here ,who is registered for the 2.5 %, call them to confirm...one way or another.
Zoomer $36/mo,400 min,Canada wide,2gb data,unltd text,free everything*
Zoomer Home Phone $10/mo,free Canada wide,modem,voicemail,features*
Jun 23, 2017
146 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hiddenthread wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 6:50 pm
no email. nothing. going to EQ unless email shows up.
Upon loggin in to PCF today, this offer page came up ...

"Great news. You’re already enrolled and are currently enjoying a 2%∗ interest on new deposits into your President’s Choice Financial® Interest PlusTM savings account until August 31. As an added benefit, you can earn 2.5%∗ interest on these deposits plus any new deposits from September 1 until October 31, 2017."

I have nothing in my PCF Interest Plus savings account now. Guess, I'll move my EQ Bank funds over to PCF Interest Plus savings account on September 1 and keep it there for a few months.
Last edited by 905P4N6 on Aug 10th, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 28, 2016
159 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
PC Financial is changing name to Simplii as of November 1 2017. Now we know why this deal was extended to Oct 31, 2017.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1961 posts
485 upvotes
Global Village
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:16 am
PC Financial is changing name to Simplii as of November 1 2017. Now we know why this deal was extended to Oct 31, 2017.
And it explains the recent $100 promo to get payroll deposits and bill payments, more of a CIBC move. It sounds like Loblaws is exiting the banking business and will only do credit cards now, CIBC just added 2 million more customers. All the PC pavillions in Loblaws store will close so there will most likely be job losses.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1183 posts
318 upvotes
GTA
Things will go downhill from here, just like when Scotia-bank bought ING. :(

What is a comparable service we can transfer to that doesn't have all those big-bank fees, minimum balance requirements, etc?
Mar 28, 2016
159 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Britex wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 2:38 pm
Things will go downhill from here, just like when Scotia-bank bought ING. :(

What is a comparable service we can transfer to that doesn't have all those big-bank fees, minimum balance requirements, etc?
The only one left is Tangerine. But they still charge you for cheque so Simplii/PCF is still better than Tangerine in that cheques are completely free.
Jul 15, 2003
175 posts
52 upvotes
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 3:45 pm
The only one left is Tangerine. But they still charge you for cheque so Simplii/PCF is still better than Tangerine in that cheques are completely free.
You mean Scotia Bank :)
Jul 2, 2013
44 posts
13 upvotes
VANCOUVER
i just signed up for the 100$ promo last month? do you know if i can still get the 2.5% bonus for sep and oct?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1183 posts
318 upvotes
GTA
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 3:45 pm
As barcathegreat has said, ING = Tangerine = Scotia Bank. As for cheques being free, yes, that is the case now but the question is for how long? That's why I was looking at a preemptive move. If there isn't anything else that's truly comparable then we're trapped by the big banks again.