Personal Finance

PC Financial charges extra fee for ATM withdrawal?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2018 9:08 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1955 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
OptimusPrime wrote:
May 22nd, 2007 3:31 pm

I just find it funny that pcf is actually cibc but they charge to withdraw $ from cibc abms.
PCF does not charge for using CIBC machines. The OP was referring to using another bank machine.
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
3444 posts
707 upvotes
correct.. with PCF you can withdraw money NO CHARGE .. at any CIBC atm machine .. as well as.. at any PCF atm machine of course...
May 3, 2007
17 posts
Vancouver
So does pcf charge for:
- withdrawals at "home" (cibc & pcf) machines / is there an account fee to take money out?
- interac purchases / account fee associated with this?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2783 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
OptimusPrime wrote:
May 22nd, 2007 8:11 pm
So does pcf charge for:
- withdrawals at "home" (cibc & pcf) machines / is there an account fee to take money out?
Nope no fees there. The only time you'll get charged is when you use a non CIBC/PCF bank machine.
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6790 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
OptimusPrime wrote:
May 22nd, 2007 8:11 pm
So does pcf charge for:
Nope. PCF's pretty much based their whole banking structure on their "no fee" banking. You don't pay to withdraw/deposit at any PCF or CIBC atm machines. You also get unlimited interac transactions. Oh you also get free personal cheques with the PCF no fee chequing account.

Oh I noticed something I read with one of Darkman's posts how you don't get any interest with PCF but 3.5% at HSBC. You get 4% with PCF's interest plus savings account. You just have to transfer funds back and forth from the PCF no fee chequing to interest plus savings account vice versa. But I guess you want the flexibility of having access to the HSBC network too.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18713 posts
1124 upvotes
st7860 wrote:
May 5th, 2007 6:12 pm
instead, get a credit card and use it. for example, you can even use a visa card at 7-11 to buy a $6 bottle of milk. The clerk might not be happy about it, but according to Visa/MC rules, you can use your card for any amount of purchase, no matter how small.
Clerk not happy about a $6 dollar of milk? Screw that - I have used my MC to buy a $0.49 ice cream before at McDonalds (5 years ago or something udring that summer they were $0.49).
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18713 posts
1124 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
May 17th, 2007 9:14 pm
Consider, for your case scenario, the HSBC Direct account maybe then..

Cuz with them .. - unlimited withdrawals and bill payments, and quite high interest rate - currently 3.5% on the entire balance...
How much do they charge for Interac purchases though?

I use probably 40-50 interac purchases a month with PCF - I only need to take out cash maybe 2-3 times a month.
P.S. - Does anyone know more maybe on this "THE EXCHANGE" / "THE EXCHANGE" Atm machines?
If so - please share that info with us here... (even though i am planning to go google it soon somewhat, on my own, to see what i can find about it) :cheesygri
National bank is the other large bank that is part of THE EXCHANGE. They have a website that lists all member ATMs:

www.the-exchange.ca
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5427 posts
615 upvotes
brunes wrote:
May 22nd, 2007 9:15 pm
How much do they charge for Interac purchases though?
HSBC Direct Savings - No Charge
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11544 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
How much does it cost to take money out of a PC financial machine now?
Aug 12, 2016
209 posts
136 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 6:28 am
How much does it cost to take money out of a PC financial machine now?
First congratulations on reviving a 11 year old thread. Second I don't think the fee has ever changed just 1.50 fee to you account for using a non CIBC ATM (which PC ATM's are no longer free) plus the fee for the machine your using (they vary) if using CIBC ATM there is no fee for your account or at the ATM.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11544 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
jaswest2754 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 12:32 pm
First congratulations on reviving a 11 year old thread. Second I don't think the fee has ever changed just 1.50 fee to you account for using a non CIBC ATM (which PC ATM's are no longer free) plus the fee for the machine your using (they vary) if using CIBC ATM there is no fee for your account or at the ATM.
Thanks. Like I said, NOW. That's why I said now. Being charged $3 for using a PC financial machine at a No Frills seems to defeat the purpose of shopping there.
Cashback in the grocery store is free, but what's the limit? Is there a minimum purchase required?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7063 posts
1014 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 8:01 pm
Thanks. Like I said, NOW. That's why I said now. Being charged $3 for using a PC financial machine at a No Frills seems to defeat the purpose of shopping there.
Cashback in the grocery store is free, but what's the limit? Is there a minimum purchase required?
I beleve it was $200. Minimum purchase would be the cheapest item you can find. One banana maybe?