Expired Hot Deals

PC Financial - Earn 50000 PC Points ($50) for New Payroll Deposit from 07/30-09/30

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2013 2:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1125 posts
131 upvotes

PC Financial - Earn 50000 PC Points ($50) for New Payroll Deposit from 07/30-09/30

******************Unfortunately, people have called in and this appears to be targeted****************************

Judging by the fine print, this appears to be for existing customers only. I don't know if this is targeted but it might be an easy $50 in groceries if you don't already have your payroll direct deposits going to PCF. Normal bonus is 10000 PC points, this offer adds an additional 40000 PC point bonus to that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earn 50,000 PC® points!

Want to earn more PC® points? With this exclusive offer, you could earn up to 50,000 PC points* when you set up payroll or pension direct deposits into an eligible PC Financial® account and make your first deposit between July 30 and September 30, 2013.

Start by setting up your direct deposit today!

*Each of the following non-registered President’s Choice Financial accounts is an “Eligible Account”: no fee bank account, Interest First Savings Account, Interest Plus Savings Account, Low Cost Borrowing Account, Secured Borrowing Account. How it works: You’ll receive 10,000 PC points when you set up automatic payroll or pension direct deposits and make a first deposit into an Eligible Account at any time. Plus, you’ll receive an additional 40,000 PC points bonus if you set up automatic payroll or pension direct deposits and make a first direct deposit into the Eligible Account between July 30th, 2013 and September 30th, 2013 (the “Bonus Offer Period”). PC points will be awarded 4-8 weeks after first payroll or pension direct deposit is received in the Eligible Account. 40,000 PC points bonus offer is available to select existing customers who set up payroll or pension direct deposit for the first time on an Eligible Account during the Bonus Offer Period. Limit one 10,000 PC points offer and one 40,000 PC points bonus offer per customer. 40,000 PC points bonus offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers aside from the 10,000 PC points offer. 40,000 PC points bonus offer expires on September 30, 2013. Offers may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing the offers, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by PC Financial in its sole discretion. Offers may be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time. For information, speak to a personal banking representative at an in-store pavilion or call 1-866-674-5616.

Minimum redemption is 20,000 PC points (worth $20 in rewards) and in increments of 10,000 PC points thereafter. PC points are not redeemable against the purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, prescription medication, milk in Quebec, or any products or services prohibited by law or as determined from time to time.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1922 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
great! time to use PCF account.. :)
I will have to confirm if its targeted or not!
----
Nov 3, 2009
471 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
I've already got a checking account. Can I deposit to my saving account?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1125 posts
131 upvotes
ibuddler wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 2:03 am
I've already got a checking account. Can I deposit to my saving account?
If you've already got a payroll deposit going into your chequing account, I don't think you'd get another bonus for moving the deposit to your savings if that's what you mean. I think this offer is only for a new payroll deposit on an existing account that doesn't have one going in already.
Mar 21, 2012
60 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I had a payroll direct deposit to my checking account before and subsequently switched it to another financial institution. Can I get the bonus if I transfer the direct deposit back to PCF?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1125 posts
131 upvotes
bige100 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 2:19 am
I had a payroll direct deposit to my checking account before and subsequently switched it to another financial institution. Can I get the bonus if I transfer the direct deposit back to PCF?
Judging by: "40,000 PC points bonus offer is available to select existing customers who set up payroll or pension direct deposit for the first time on an Eligible Account", I'd wager no... but it would be best to call and ask to be sure. I've never had one going into my PCF account since opening it.

Maybe you could put the direct deposit to a different "eligible account" though, like a savings account...
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18080 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I've set up a new payroll deposit in PCF bank account last week. Waiting for first pay check. Am I eligible?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1125 posts
131 upvotes
felix wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 2:54 am
I've set up a new payroll deposit in PCF bank account last week. Waiting for first pay check. Am I eligible?
"Plus, you’ll receive an additional 40,000 PC points bonus if you set up automatic payroll or pension direct deposits and make a first direct deposit into the Eligible Account between July 30th, 2013 and September 30th, 2013 (the “Bonus Offer Period”)."

If you haven't gotten the first deposit yet, then it's possible. Probably best to call them to confirm this. Still unsure whether this offer is targeted or open to all.
Sep 23, 2008
573 posts
110 upvotes
This isn't as good as ING's $100 cash incentive, but if you can take advantage of both promos, I'd say that's a win.
Feb 27, 2011
673 posts
349 upvotes
Regina
felix wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 2:54 am
It just so happens my son's in the same boat. First deposit for him should come Friday. Lucky coincidence.

Thanked.
See my Buy Sell Trade ad for Replacement Panasonic Shaver Blades and Foils.

--------------------------------------------------
"PC LOAD LETTER!!. What the f^@# does that mean?"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
5682 posts
1527 upvotes
Toronto
Need to register? I'll probably redirect $10 of my payroll to them. :razz:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1125 posts
131 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 12:28 pm
Need to register? I'll probably redirect $10 of my payroll to them. :razz:
It didn't say anything about registering, but you should probably call to make sure this is available to all existing customers and isn't just targeted before going through the trouble.
Feb 21, 2012
224 posts
46 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
Where is the link to this? It doesn't seem to be on their website or FB page
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1331 posts
308 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Wet Banana wrote:
Jul 30th, 2013 4:08 am
This isn't as good as ING's $100 cash incentive, but if you can take advantage of both promos, I'd say that's a win.
I did that with the ING Direct one. Now I'm going to switch it over to PC Financial. It does seem like a great deal.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"

Love TV? The Episodium
× < >