• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2013 11:44 am
Feb 7, 2010
40 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto

PC Financial and Johnson Inc. auto insurance

Hi All,

I got a really good auto insurance quote from PC Financial and Johnson Inc, but I don't know much about these two companies. Can anyone give feedback and reviews on either one of these for auto insurance? Have you had pleasant dealings with them, or generally bad experiences?

Thanks
9 replies
Jul 24, 2008
130 posts
3 upvotes
truebadlion wrote: Hi All,

I got a really good auto insurance quote from PC Financial and Johnson Inc, but I don't know much about these two companies. Can anyone give feedback and reviews on either one of these for auto insurance? Have you had pleasant dealings with them, or generally bad experiences?

Thanks
I had been with Johnson Insurance for over 20 years (was known as Clay Robinson when I first started with them). Due to sheer laziness, I never shopped around rates and was comfortable with what I was paying. Recently, we shopped around and received much, much lower rates through another vendor (home, 2 rental properties, 2 autos).

Service was 'ok' - Johnson will assign you an account manager who handles all of your details - our account manager was 'ok' but slow at correspondence.

We never filed any claims so I can't speak to their claims side.

Our rates with Johnson were apparently discounted due to our claims status, number of policies held plus Calgary Co-op membership. Plus, they gave Air Miles.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2004
1575 posts
348 upvotes
Ajax
big_canuck wrote: I had been with Johnson Insurance for over 20 years (was known as Clay Robinson when I first started with them). Due to sheer laziness, I never shopped around rates and was comfortable with what I was paying. Recently, we shopped around and received much, much lower rates through another vendor (home, 2 rental properties, 2 autos).

Service was 'ok' - Johnson will assign you an account manager who handles all of your details - our account manager was 'ok' but slow at correspondence.

We never filed any claims so I can't speak to their claims side.

Our rates with Johnson were apparently discounted due to our claims status, number of policies held plus Calgary Co-op membership. Plus, they gave Air Miles.
To add to this - Johnson gave us the cheapest rates in Ontario but when i had to deal with a claim, response was very slow. (maybe because i mentioned that my car was drivable). Other than that its not bad if they quote you a good enough rate.
Sep 6, 2010
3 posts
Canada
Do yourself a huge favor and find yourself a local broker ASAP.

What you save now you will loose if something happens and you don't have someone local working for you. Trust me I've made this mistake and won't again.

First problem. You do not have choice of where to bring vehicle for repair.
I've had PC financial when a vehicle hit me in a parking lot while I was parked. They caught the guy yet still FORCED me to use thier shop of choice. Half the car turned out a different color then the rest... I was furious. I made them repaint, worse then it was. Took $5000 out of my own pocket to have the car repainted at MY place of choice to get it done right.

Second problem. Cancellation of policy for bogus reasons.
I made the mistake of saying my mother lives in the same complex as me. I'm 33 years old and they demanded I send them her insurance information and copies of her drivers liscence. WTF? Now I'm suppose to hunt down all the tennants in the f#$king building and supply other peopels information. I refused and they cancelled my insurance policy leaving a HUGE dent in my insurance credibility. Personally just because she lives in the same complex, it's none of thier d@mned business.

Third problem. No insured broker to help you out in a pinch.
Good luck if you get a ticket and misplace your insurance slip. You will be SOL and potentially up for criminal charges and a $5000 fine, something a local broker can help you out with in a pinch and where PC financial and these online companies drop the ball.

Fourth problem. Poor communication / assistance.
Nothing like speaking with someone face to face. My mother sure didn't need my financial information for insurance, why do I need hers?

Buyers beware!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
Although unrelated...I'm with Bel Air, and they allowed me to use my own preferred body shop. I thought there was a law to indicate you can choose where you want to take your car to
Oct 17, 2009
220 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
bringing back an old post, was thinking of signing with pc financial auto insurance, can anyone else provide some reviews on their company? the cheapest quote i got was from them, so seriously contemplating to go with pc.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1173 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
stay away from Johnson and pc car insurance.
Sep 14, 2007
166 posts
19 upvotes
Chatham-Kent
I was with Johnson for one year...they had a good price, however my renewal went up quite a bit, I shopped around and now on my second term with TD primus through work union.

Johnson also seemed to keep switching my individual agent, and my correspondence was slow due to this. I felt that if my agent was away I had to wait for them to get back from where every before I heard back. (e-mail & telephone)

I tried quoted Pc but they don't cover farm plated pick-ups.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2304 posts
950 upvotes
Been shopping around for insurance too but still found my group insurance cheaper, anyone confirm/think different?
Dec 8, 2013
1 posts
Do not go with PC auto insurance they have terrible communication skills told me an amount to pay and I had that amount and they went in my account and took a triple payment. They have totally burned me and the more I talk to people the more borrow stories I have been hearing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)