Personal Finance

PC financial Mastercard balance transfer issues

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2016 6:31 pm
Dec 19, 2016
1 posts

PC financial Mastercard balance transfer issues

So I signed up for the PC mastercard about a month ago and recently decided to take advantage of their 0.97% balance transfer offer. There's no option to do it myself online or through automated phone banking, one has to speak to one of their reps over the phone to have them initiate the process.

I called them about 3 days ago to do it and just a few minutes after the call ended my available credit was promptly reduced by the amount I transferred and it showed as a pending transaction on my account online. I've been checking my account these past 2 days and I could still see the transfer as pending. Until today, I logged in to find out that it had disappeared. Not showing as pending or posted, it just isn't there at all. My available credit, however, is still reduced by the amount I had asked to be transferred.

I called and I've been told by a clearly clueless rep that it was probably due to ' the website being worked on'. She claimed she could see that the balance transfer has been initiated in their system ( but apparently couldn't tell the balance transfer amount, she had to ask me what the amount was) but that it could take weeks for it to be processed. She couldn't tell me why I can no longer see the transaction as pending online other than their website was probably being worked on for maintenance.

Can anyone who has done a balance transfer on their PC MC chime in? How long did it take and is my experience the norm?