• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 4:36 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 28, 2007
1851 posts
1300 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: The WE card is horrible quality.
After a short time in my wallet, taking it out and putting it back in, the silver coating on the raised numbers and letters, started flaking away in tiny specs that made a real mess inside my wallet.
I had the silver card prior to this card, and never experienced this issue.
i noticed that right away that the coating wasn't premium quality. I do expect it to wear off pretty quick.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
bubble.tea wrote: I've always preferred a hard-pull....on occasion a soft-pull has it's unique advantages, I will admit.
+1

I want to thank you for making catching up on the rest of the posts very amusing ... this was quite hilarious. Hard pulls. Extra-hard pulls. Residue from gel. Taking it in and out repeatedly. Rubbing it thoroughly.

Please also note that "on a bureau" can mean "on a desk", "on a dresser", or "on a chest of drawers" :)

I think you subconsciously influenced everyone posting after you :D

*clap* *clap* *clap* :D

minimalist wrote:
Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer.

I just noticed that PC Mastercard recently did 2 hard pulls on Transunion on the same day for a new card that I applied for. Not sure whether they pulled Equifax or not.

They did exactly the same thing (2 hard Transunion pulls on the same day) for a MC that applied for last year.

This extra hard pull seems totally redundant and unnecessary to me. What purpose could this serve? Presumably, since it is the same bureau on the same day it would be identical? The downside is that I have an extra hard pull on my bureau which would reduce my score and/or raise suspicion in the eyes of any other issuers that I apply to.
coolintheshade wrote:
Except PCMC pulls two bureaus on the SAME DAY.
I also verified this when I applied for my PCMC a couple years back.
When I ordered my yearly credit reports from the two bureaus, I found a hard pull on Equifax, and two hard pulls on TransUnion on the same day.
I didn't really care, but I do find it a strange way to underwrite credit.
I'm guessing the applications get passed along to multiple departments, and each department pulls a bureau. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Ours aren't isolated incidents either. I can recall several people on this forum, and others, report 3 credit pulls as well.
bylo wrote: What's wrong with that? There can be discrepancies between the two bureaus so presumably they're checking for that.

Two hard pulls on the same bureau doesn't seem right. Has anyone ever challenged them on this?

If that sort of thing is happening and if it affects peoples' credit ratings then PC MC needs to be called on it.
RCML27 wrote: Got my card yesterday. The card isn't as sturdy as my other cards. Feels thinner. The signature band on the back is terrible. Tried signing my name with 3 different pens, but it doesn't want to take it smoothly. The last quarter of the strip took my last name OK.
bylo wrote:
As I understand it, multiple hard pulls tend to depress one's credit rating. Of course that's for multiple different inquirers, but perhaps it also applies for multiple pulls from the same inquirer. The issue for some people may then be that their lowered credit rating results in higher interest rates when they apply for a mortgage or car loan.
bylo wrote: Could that be residue from the soft plastic "slime" they use to fasten the card to the welcome letter? I find I have to rub that part of the card surface thoroughly.
coolintheshade wrote:
The WE card is horrible quality.
After a short time in my wallet, taking it out and putting it back in, the silver coating on the raised numbers and letters, started flaking away in tiny specs that made a real mess inside my wallet.
I had the silver card prior to this card, and never experienced this issue.
RCML27 wrote:
No soft residue from the gel. It's just that that strip of paper is poor quality compared to other cards.
RCML27 wrote: i noticed that right away that the coating wasn't premium quality. I do expect it to wear off pretty quick.
Last edited by ace604 on Jul 21st, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8520 posts
6263 upvotes
For months, they have been sending me mail(s) to encourage me to apply for this card (my wife has it and I am just authorized user), but I ignored. Since the $150 gift card bonus offered a few weeks back, I decided to go for it. Indeed they did 2 hard pulls from TransUnion but no Equifax inquiry. After all that, I waited more than a week for the card and it came with a surprising $1K credit limit :). I actually don't mind because I only shop at RCSS/Loblaws for groceries when there is PCPlus bonus and with low limit, they would offer me free PC Points later with the credit limit increase.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2233 posts
1021 upvotes
Still haven't received my $150 card and it's been a month since I've activated the card.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Vietlord wrote: Still haven't received my $150 card and it's been a month since I've activated the card.
Have you made any purchase? That's what trigger the gf process.
Oct 15, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
Vietlord wrote: Still haven't received my $150 card and it's been a month since I've activated the card.
What's the status when you go into RateSuperMarket?
Mine says "active" and can take 4 weeks for the card to be mailed out.
I applied on July 5, got the cards a few days later and used it same day.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
YorkIT wrote: What's the status when you go into RateSuperMarket?
Mine says "active" and can take 4 weeks for the card to be mailed out.
I applied on July 5, got the cards a few days later and used it same day.
Mine is active too
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Me too me too!!
jfmartel wrote: Mine is active too

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
Do you get 3% in PC Points with this card at Real Canadian Liquorstore?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If you got the WE card, all fingers points to YES.
minimalist wrote: Do you get 3% in PC Points with this card at Real Canadian Liquorstore?

Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Me too me too!!
Well my status got changed to APPROVED (Waiting to be activated) from ACTIVE (Already activated)......this getting weirder. My pitchfork is ready.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone know how many cents/L off you get with this card at Edmonton Superstore Gas?

For example, I know in Kelowna, BC it's 7 cents off/L + 3% in PC points with PC MC WE.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9103 posts
4569 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Just to confirm, the 4x5000 points coupon that came with the card is for PC Points and not PC Plus?

I made 2 purchases at No Frills, the regular and bonus points posted but not the coupon bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6185 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
ToniCipriani wrote: Just to confirm, the 4x5000 points coupon that came with the card is for PC Points and not PC Plus?

I made 2 purchases at No Frills, the regular and bonus points posted but not the coupon bonus.
On the coupons it's written it will take 2-3 weeks to see the points.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
minimalist wrote: Anyone know how many cents/L off you get with this card at Edmonton Superstore Gas?

For example, I know in Kelowna, BC it's 7 cents off/L + 3% in PC points with PC MC WE.
Got 40 points/L
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
jfmartel wrote: Got 40 points/L
4 cents/L off with PC MC in Edmonton. That seems low. Maybe it's 4 cents/L off for everyone and 8 cents/L off for PCF cards?
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
4028 upvotes
BC
ToniCipriani wrote: Just to confirm, the 4x5000 points coupon that came with the card is for PC Points and not PC Plus?

There is only PC Points. PC Plus is a program that earns the same points.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
minimalist wrote: 4 cents/L off with PC MC in Edmonton. That seems low. Maybe it's 4 cents/L off for everyone and 8 cents/L off for PCF cards?
That was for local Provigo (QC Loblaws) when you swipe your PC card and pay with PC we. 40 points/L Equals 1c if price is 1.00$/L. Regular price has no rebate.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
9103 posts
4569 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
ace604 wrote: There is only PC Points. PC Plus is a program that earns the same points.
Hmm... then I had the cashier question me why did I give her the coupon when "I didn't collect PC points" lol.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)