• Apr 23rd, 2017 6:27 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3021 posts
1180 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:13 pm
Honest mistake?
While I had a similar issue (larger amount), it was due to a credit card transfer with RBC, in which I assumed my balance on the old card would have been transferred to the new card (assumption without and facts our confirmation) and RBC had no issues to retract the missed payment reporting and even credited me $50 for the inconvenience.
How is not paying your bill a honest mistake? Don't look at the amount. It could've been hundreds of dollars. The only thing that matters here is the fact that he did not check his statement and pay his debt on time.
That is because it was RBC's mistake, not yours. RBC credit card switches are supposed to move all the balance to the new card.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12797 posts
2835 upvotes
Ottawa
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:20 pm
How is not paying your bill a honest mistake? Don't look at the amount. It could've been hundreds of dollars. The only thing that matters here is the fact that he did not check his statement and pay his debt on time.
That is because it was RBC's mistake, not yours. RBC credit card switches are supposed to move all the balance to the new card.
"Scroll forward to a couple of months ago when I fully discharged (or at least I thought it was)..."
Seems pretty honest to me.
God forbid you ever make a mistake and not given the benefit of the doubt.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1091 posts
425 upvotes
Hamilton
Wow your credit score is under 850? Image
Spidey wrote:
Jan 7th, 2016 10:59 am
You're 26, and your mom still buys your toilet paper.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
6743 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, there's a bit of righteousness here :)

I'd like to allay fears that society will not crumble as a result of a small oversight. Contrary to some opinions I'm not a whiny guy making demands or whining for the sake of whining. I'm not even sure why I posted except perhaps to portray what it's like to be on the receiving end of something as silly as this and you can draw your own conclusions.

I'm a little flabbergasted that a large financial institution is not able to extend a little professional courtesy and flexibility to a 15 year + customer. S**t happens and how you treat your customers when that eventuality does occur is what leaves a lasting impression. I've had different situations where payments have not moved into accounts on time with CIBC and they've been phenomenal at calling me up and communicating before doing something as drastic as hitting your bureaus or heading off to collections, and my business with CIBC is minimal at best so hats off to them for that. Will see how this goes.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1023 posts
480 upvotes
ichpen wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 7:17 pm
Wow, there's a bit of righteousness here :)

I'd like to allay fears that society will not crumble as a result of a small oversight. Contrary to some opinions I'm not a whiny guy making demands or whining for the sake of whining. I'm not even sure why I posted except perhaps to portray what it's like to be on the receiving end of something as silly as this and you can draw your own conclusions.

I'm a little flabbergasted that a large financial institution is not able to extend a little professional courtesy and flexibility to a 15 year + customer. S**t happens and how you treat your customers when that eventuality does occur is what leaves a lasting impression. I've had different situations where payments have not moved into accounts on time with CIBC and they've been phenomenal at calling me up and communicating before doing something as drastic as hitting your bureaus or heading off to collections, and my business with CIBC is minimal at best so hats off to them for that. Will see how this goes.
Let the haters be haters. You admitted it was your oversight from the beginning, and never pointed the finger in the other direction.
I don't think it's too much to ask for a company to show a little professional courtesy before and after an issue.
There is no one on this forum that can honestly say they wouldn't also attempt to have the late corrected/removed. Of course we all would. Nobody takes pride in a damaged credit rating, no matter how minimal.
Jun 6, 2009
749 posts
134 upvotes
Montréal
coolintheshade wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 7:59 pm
Let the haters be haters. You admitted it was your oversight from the beginning, and never pointed the finger in the other direction.
I don't think it's too much to ask for a company to show a little professional courtesy before and after an issue.
There is no one on this forum that can honestly say they wouldn't also attempt to have the late corrected/removed. Of course we all would. Nobody takes pride in a damaged credit rating, no matter how minimal.
I wouldn't. Aside from a few RFD zealots, nobody takes pride in a credit rating, damaged or not.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1023 posts
480 upvotes
epiphano wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 8:25 pm
I wouldn't. Aside from a few RFD zealots, nobody takes pride in a credit rating, damaged or not.
Let me rephrase.
People who work hard to obtain a good/great/excellent credit rating take pride in it.
Those that have damaged credit could care less, obviously.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12797 posts
2835 upvotes
Ottawa
epiphano wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 8:25 pm
If you only knew how important your credit report plays.
There's another member being quoted high insurance premiums on his home, though no fault of his own; due to a low score.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5646 posts
1486 upvotes
Montreal
coolintheshade wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 8:33 pm
People who work hard to obtain a good/great/excellent credit rating take pride in it.
What do you mean "work hard"?

Paying on time is now hard work?
Not applying for 25 Credit cards a year?

One should not "work hard" for credit rating... do the right thing and score will take care of itself.

I am with op that PCF should remove the bad mention of late payment, but my comment was more about the 850+ score mention... it should not be a target.

RFD is way too obsessed with credit score specific number.

I agree people should pay on time / have credit under control, but whaever it ends up with a 730, 750, 770 or 850 score.... as long you have a "good" score, it's enough.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12797 posts
2835 upvotes
Ottawa
cashinstinct wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:10 pm

One should not "work hard" for credit rating... do the right thing and score will take care of itself.

I am with op that PCF should remove the bad mention of late payment, but my comment was more about the 850+ score mention... it should not be a target.

I agree people should pay on time / have credit under control, but whaever it ends up with a 730, 750, 770 or 850 score.... as long you have a "good" score, it's enough.
I'm sure we're all in agreement that the score is not the issue here, as OP wants the delinquent reporting to be removed.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2014
1272 posts
212 upvotes
YVR, BC
unfortunate but they did send a statement or letter likely - it's irrelevant that the amount be .01 cent or .73 cents you dismissed the letter, which was there reminder to you.
Jun 6, 2009
749 posts
134 upvotes
Montréal
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:07 pm
If you only knew how important your credit report plays.
There's another member being quoted high insurance premiums on his home, though no fault of his own; due to a low score.
A credit report and a credit rating are two different things. I never said that neither one of them is important.
My point was that a credit score is a ridiculous thing to take pride in.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1023 posts
480 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:10 pm

Wow don't take things so literal.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5005 posts
860 upvotes
Montreal
vkizzle wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:20 pm
I'm sure we're all in agreement that the score is not the issue here, as OP wants the delinquent reporting to be removed.
The reporting is correct and factual. It will not be removed unless PCF falsely claims that it was a reporting error on their part.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12797 posts
2835 upvotes
Ottawa
psyko514 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:23 pm
The reporting is correct and factual. It will not be removed unless PCF falsely claims that it was a reporting error on their part.
Noone, including OP is disagreeing with this.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel