Hot Deals

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 6:35 am
Nov 22, 2011
546 posts
65 upvotes
Batcave
Applied a little over a week ago and still haven't heard from PC Financial.

I added supplementary cards for family members. Wondering if this will help with their credit history?
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8461 posts
1394 upvotes
plutowhat wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 5:56 pm
is that easy to do?
yeah like 3 clicks of mouse and account login to the starbucks app.
Aug 11, 2011
179 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
ah too bad its not $100 bucks straight up, that would be nice!
Nov 22, 2011
546 posts
65 upvotes
Batcave
I still haven't heard anything from PC Financial.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3916 posts
1023 upvotes
FalconR wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:58 pm
Call them. I was in the same boat as you. Then I called them, and the agent actually processed the identity verification and approval process on the spot (probably to get a commission for herself). Then I was told I was approved and I would receive the card in the mail. I later received an email from PCF telling me my World Elite card was on the way, and noticed the following day it was added to my PC Plus account.

I've despised Loblaws with all my guts since they bought Provigo in the nineties, and ran the brand into the ground, and also for the Bangladesh workers they exploit for their clothing line. I intend to only use it for 3% purchases at their own stores and Shoppers, and stock up on a mountain of gift cards from their stores for years to come.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3916 posts
1023 upvotes
I received my card, activated it without problems. I had read stories of people getting limits of $1000 or even $500, but much to my surprise they gave me $12000, even though my credit store is nothing special, which really stunned me.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2416 posts
375 upvotes
I received the Starbucks card after about 1 month but noticed I hadn't received the 20000 points from the sign up promo. I called PC Financial last night to inquire but was told to call PC Plus. The PC Plus rep I spoke to today said that the 20000 points are only the points associated with the coupons in the introductory package for the card. I told her that based on my understanding, the 20000 initial promo points are entirely separate from the 20000 coupon-specific points. After some back and forth disagreement on this, she put me on hold and eventually came back and admitted that the 20000 initial sign up points are in fact separate from (and in addition to) the 20000 coupon points. She said the points should be awarded 8 weeks after the card has been activated (apparently used to be 6 weeks according to her). She went on to say that she'd "have" to request that the points be added to my account after 8 weeks, which led me to press her on what she meant by "having" to do so - she was making it sound as if it wouldn't have happened unless I'd have followed up and been so persistent about the issue. Anyhow, all to say that this is something people should be keeping an eye on as it sounds to me as if there is a possibility that you might not get the 20000 sign up points unless you follow up and specifically ask for them. I'll confirm if/when I have received mine. She said my account should be credited this Friday.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1168 posts
220 upvotes
Any of you guys using Android pay? Cashiers want me too swipe my card for points then use Android pay to pay?
Aug 11, 2011
179 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the deal is back up - '100 bucks e-gift card' - go nuts!
Aug 11, 2011
179 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
FalconR wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:58 pm
did you end up getting it?
Mar 13, 2017
53 posts
2 upvotes
Just got approved and have some questions.

1. Currently I do not have a PC points card. My wife does. When paying at no frills, am I to show the points card in addition to paying with the card? And if so, can I show my wife's points card and pay with my PC credit card?

Or am I to open my own PC points card and only use mine when paying for groceries?

Thanks!
Aug 23, 2010
208 posts
197 upvotes
GTA
Anyone apply for WE card without meeting income requirements?
If they do not approve your application, will they send you the card that you are qualified for or will you have to reapply altogether?
Aug 28, 2010
91 posts
26 upvotes
beatles89 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:56 pm
Just got approved and have some questions.

1. Currently I do not have a PC points card. My wife does. When paying at no frills, am I to show the points card in addition to paying with the card? And if so, can I show my wife's points card and pay with my PC credit card?

Or am I to open my own PC points card and only use mine when paying for groceries?

Thanks!

You can link your wife's PC point card to your PC master card and the points will be accumulated in your wife's account. You also need to show your wife's PC point card during the purchase if there are extra bonus points. All points will be accumulated in your wife's PC point account. That's what I did.

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 7 guests)

etgohomeok, dogechow, owu23, styner_ca, ashihtaka