[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 1:37 pm
Mar 13, 2017
53 posts
3 upvotes
clsl wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:04 pm

You can link your wife's PC point card to your PC master card and the points will be accumulated in your wife's account. You also need to show your wife's PC point card during the purchase if there are extra bonus points. All points will be accumulated in your wife's PC point account. That's what I did.
Awesome thanks! Question: how do I go about linking her card to my MasterCard? Is this something that we must call in for?
Aug 28, 2010
91 posts
26 upvotes
beatles89 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:20 pm
Awesome thanks! Question: how do I go about linking her card to my MasterCard? Is this something that we must call in for?
Yeah, you will need to call in PC master Card. I tried to do online myself, but the system had an issue. Call customer services and they will set it up for you.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7426 posts
8219 upvotes
GT-EH
With SDM Optimum being converted soon, I think I'm going to go with this credit card.

I am currently not a collector of PC points...
If I apply for this credit card, will they mail me 2 cards?
  1. PC Points card
  2. Credit card

If not, do I have to apply for a PC Points card before or after doing so and then link it to my credit card afterwards?
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
May 6, 2006
4 posts
Richmond Hill
Just one credit card will serve both purposes. It is the best credit card if you shop grocery for your family and providing you shop at Loblaws.
Nov 29, 2017
17 posts
18 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:52 pm
With SDM Optimum being converted soon, I think I'm going to go with this credit card.

I am currently not a collector of PC points...
If I apply for this credit card, will they mail me 2 cards?
  1. PC Points card
  2. Credit card

If not, do I have to apply for a PC Points card before or after doing so and then link it to my credit card afterwards?
They automatically opened a pc point acct for me and I just tap twice at check out... first for the points, (usually they ask you if you want to redeem points and the value if you have), second tap to pay.
Mar 4, 2015
32 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
There's a provigo right near me that I'll be using, so I wanted to get the WE version of this card. I already have another card that gives 2%, so it would only be worth it if I get the 3% version, but the application doesn't seem to specify which card I'm applying for, which is very confusing. How can I tell what I'm applying for? I meet the requirements for income for the WE card, but I don't see a button to apply for it specifically.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
2057 posts
669 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Mithorium wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 7:58 pm
There's a provigo right near me that I'll be using, so I wanted to get the WE version of this card. I already have another card that gives 2%, so it would only be worth it if I get the 3% version, but the application doesn't seem to specify which card I'm applying for, which is very confusing. How can I tell what I'm applying for? I meet the requirements for income for the WE card, but I don't see a button to apply for it specifically.
If I remember correctly, your applicable is for both at the same time. If you qualify for WE, you should get it.
Nov 16, 2016
15 posts
2 upvotes
I received my PC card it came with a limit of $12,000 with the $20 grocery coupons inside. The gift card took about 3-4 weeks to arrive. When I opened the gift card email the amount was for $150 instead of $100. I chose the Cineplex card. YMMV. Also I just received an email yesterday saying my gift card is approved and I should see it in 10 business days? Maybe I'll get a second gc, who knows. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6824 posts
2245 upvotes
Markham
j831 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:43 pm
Anyone apply for WE card without meeting income requirements?
If they do not approve your application, will they send you the card that you are qualified for or will you have to reapply altogether?
IIRC it was actually one app for both cards, then they send you the card accordingly. I don't remember specifying World Elite when I got mine.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Aug 28, 2017
2 posts
Was approved but they require us to go to a PC pavilion to verify with ID, however all pavilions are closed due to brand change to Simplii.
Second option is to mail in a cheque for $1.00, but who uses cheques these days so I'd have to go spend $60.00 for a book of cheques through my bank only to use a single one.
What do?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1284 posts
290 upvotes
GTA
Does one still get the 20k points? I dont see that being offered from OP's main link.
Aug 23, 2010
173 posts
23 upvotes
Montr
just get a free temporary check from your bank. just say you ran out of check and you really need one, worst case they charge you 1$ for one check, which is bad in a way but better than paying 60$.
or you may be eligible for free checks with your bank account.
May 10, 2017
32 posts
9 upvotes
I applied yesterday and got the "will get back to you" message
but I see two HP in my creditkarma score. (dinged by 18 points)

PRESIDENT'S CHOICE BANK
Inquiry made: Dec 12, 2017
PRESIDENT'S CHOICE BANK
Inquiry made: Dec 12, 2017

is that a mistake? can I dispute it?