Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 9:31 pm
Aug 11, 2011
837 posts
1425 upvotes
Toronto
Kevyd268 wrote: Do they actually verify the income?
Not that i know of - they may ask you over the phone for confirmation if anything.

btw - the deal is back up if anyone missed it in Dec.
Jun 7, 2006
720 posts
334 upvotes
Ontario
if you already have this card.. whats the process for cancelling.. waiting then reapplying?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Nemlack wrote: I received a letter in the mail from PC financial a few days ago telling me that my application has been rejected because I already have a PC Financial mastercard, therefore another account cannot be opened in my name. I'm pissed that there was no mention in the application process that the offer was for new account only! All I got out of this was a hit on my credit score!
You can call and they can convert your card to this one. But you won't get the bonus obviously.
May 29, 2017
649 posts
507 upvotes
codex119 wrote: Mine is showing as declined although it was approved and I activated my card today. This seems so scamy, especially seeing how this has happened with others.

I hate this sort scamy crap. Gotta wait 4 weeks now till I can submit an inquiry and then wait another 3 months to see if they end up honoring the promo. This is honestly just bad, they are obviously making this as painful and annoying as possible so you'd go away and not get the gc.

I would not recommend dealing with them to anyone.
The status changed to approved without me doing anything a few days ago to active today, now let's see if I get the gift card.
Mar 4, 2015
53 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
I got my card a month ago, been showing as Active on ratesupermarket for about as long, submitted enquiry on the 10th. Still no trace of my $100 GC, what is this scam
Feb 22, 2009
987 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
If I have a supplementary card to my wife's currently active PC World Mastercard, would I likely get rejected due to already having a PC Mastercard or could I apply for the Elite as a "new" primary cardholder?
Feb 20, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
i got the card approved and received, how do i claim those 20K points?
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mithorium wrote: I got my card a month ago, been showing as Active on ratesupermarket for about as long, submitted enquiry on the 10th. Still no trace of my $100 GC, what is this scam
Crap - are lots of people having this issue?
I just signed up.... guessing I will also have this problem :-/
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RateSupermarket status says approved for
President’s Choice Financial® Mastercard®
Does that mean I got the basic card (I should have qualified for the WE MC though) ?

Anyone that actually got the WE MC actually show "President’s Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard®" in the RateSupermarket or does it show the same as what I have?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
philldo wrote: RateSupermarket status says approved for

Does that mean I got the basic card (I should have qualified for the WE MC though) ?

Anyone that actually got the WE MC actually show "President’s Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard®" in the RateSupermarket or does it show the same as what I have?
mine says President’s Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard® on ratesupermarket. do you have enough income to qualify?
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rocking23nf wrote: mine says President’s Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard® on ratesupermarket. do you have enough income to qualify?
Crap.... yeah the minimum was $80k or $150k household right?
Wonder if its worth calling PC Financial or something to see if/what/why.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3637 posts
1646 upvotes
It looks like the bonus 20,000 points is gone from the offer?
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
braveblade wrote: It looks like the bonus 20,000 points is gone from the offer?
Crap, it gets worse... i think you're right.
Pretty sure when I applied day or two ago it still said 20K.... how can I prove this ? :-/
Nov 6, 2005
226 posts
70 upvotes
philldo wrote: Crap, it gets worse... i think you're right.
Pretty sure when I applied day or two ago it still said 20K.... how can I prove this ? :-/
When I applied last Thursday, I didn’t see any 20k point offer. I believe it was removed from the site in mid December.
Sep 27, 2015
306 posts
199 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Got my card in mail and it was quick. The 20,000 points are coupons attached to the cards approval letter. The $100 gc is still being processed though.
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Cutevampire wrote: Got my card in mail and it was quick. The 20,000 points are coupons attached to the cards approval letter. The $100 gc is still being processed though.
When did you apply?
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
I want this card, but with the upcoming PC Plus/Optimum merge, I'm wondering whether they will release a new PC Optimum credit card...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
My mom had the basic card and didn't cancel before I helped her apply for this. Today we got a call saying the new one is coming in the mail in 7-10 business days. He also said once the new one is activated the old one will not be valid. All the current points transferred as well. I forgot to ask him about the 20k bonus points. Hopefully we get it as well!
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jun 11, 2013
248 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
kangarooz wrote: My mom had the basic card and didn't cancel before I helped her apply for this. Today we got a call saying the new one is coming in the mail in 7-10 business days. He also said once the new one is activated the old one will not be valid. All the current points transferred as well. I forgot to ask him about the 20k bonus points. Hopefully we get it as well!
That's not what happened to me! I have a basic card and when I applied I received a letter from PC Financial saying my application was denied because I already have a card and cannot have two! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)